Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Topo15)
    I guess that's good in a way as it hopefully won't affect other LNAT unis. My response was just "Your application was judged to be not as strong as that of other applicants". If it wasn't the LNAT, I guess something in my PS must have put them off. It's a busy department so you can't really complain, but it would be nice to have a little more explanation.
    Might be worth asking them for further details. Their reason for rejecting me was 'Regrettably, the qualifications you are studying do not match the entry requirements for this programme of study at UCL". Even though they do haha?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poppycharlotte)
    I still haven't received offers from any of my LNAT uni's (Durham, UCL, Nottingham) and I applied on 11th of October, sat my LNAT on the 12th. Starting to become really worried about whether they've actually received my scores/essay, or whether I just messed up and they're holding out to see if any better candidates come along??
    I applied and sat my LNAT a tad earlier than you and only heard from Notts a few days ago, and Durham don't start giving out offers until Feb/March I believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solrac777)
    Might be worth asking them for further details. Their reason for rejecting me was 'Regrettably, the qualifications you are studying do not match the entry requirements for this programme of study at UCL". Even though they do haha?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I sent them a short email just saying I respect their decision but was hoping I could have some additional feedback. You should definitely do the same (although you might have already haha) as there might have been a mix-up with your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ard1246)
    and Durham don't start giving out offers until Feb/March I believe
    Quite a few people I know that also applied for Oxbridge for Law and History at my school have offers from Durham...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Birmingham yet? I applied early October so will I hear from them next year?

ReputationRep:
    Did they give you additional feedback after that? I haven't actually, I've been quite busy and I just keep procrastinating aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't received offers from any of my LNAT uni's (Durham, UCL, Nottingham) and I applied on 11th of October, sat my LNAT on the 12th. Starting to become really worried about whether they've actually received my scores/essay, or whether I just messed up and they're holding out to see if any better candidates come along??
    THe universities do not receive anything from LNAT. When you first registered for LNAT there was a part where you clicked on which universities were able to access your results. If you did that correctly then when then receive your application for an LNAT course they will logon to LNAT and receive your LNAT score based on your UCAS code.

If you are worried I would recheck your LNAT account that all LNAT universities are allowed for access. I think you will find you are just dealing with universites that are taking their time in your case. I'm still waiting for Bristol which is also an LNAT uni.

ReputationRep:
    is there are any pakstanis applied for liverpool uni as im scared i wont mix in well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sasha_ali18)
    is there are any pakstanis applied for liverpool uni as im scared i wont mix in well
    It's Liverpool - I don't think that that will be a problem

ReputationRep:
    ive never been to liverpool before so i dont know what to except. what is it like?

ReputationRep:
    ive never been to liverpool before so i dont know what to except. what is it like?
    I've heard that it's pretty multicultural - a friend of mine who applied there said that it was pretty chilled on open day, and definitely not in an entirely white/middle class setting like some red bricks such as Exeter. Those are his impressions, not mine

ReputationRep:
    ohhh whats your friend applied for at the uni?

ReputationRep:
    ohhh whats your friend applied for at the uni?
    Economics I think - it's his insurance choice

ReputationRep:
    , okay I've applied for my 5 chosen units, non of which need the Lnat, but I already had it booked and was just going to do it for experience? But if it goes badly, will these other units still look at it? Or should I just not do it? Any advice ASAP would be great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E.pickering)
    , okay I've applied for my 5 chosen units, non of which need the Lnat, but I already had it booked and was just going to do it for experience? But if it goes badly, will these other units still look at it? Or should I just not do it? Any advice ASAP would be great!
    No UNI will know your LNAT result unless you allow them access when you apply.
    You had to click the UNIs you wanted to allow access to your results. I would log back in to LNAT and unclick all of them. If you later decide in clearing or adjustment to go for an LNAT uni you can allow the option again.

Do it for the experience as you certainly wont get your money back

ReputationRep:
    Okay thankyou! I was worried that if it went badly Id have to send them a bad score, even if they weren't an 'Lnat uni'. Where abouts do I unclick them? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crocface)
    THe universities do not receive anything from LNAT. When you first registered for LNAT there was a part where you clicked on which universities were able to access your results. If you did that correctly then when then receive your application for an LNAT course they will logon to LNAT and receive your LNAT score based on your UCAS code.

If you are worried I would recheck your LNAT account that all LNAT universities are allowed for access. I think you will find you are just dealing with universites that are taking their time in your case. I'm still waiting for Bristol which is also an LNAT uni.
    I just double checked my account - everything seems to be fine and access was allowed. When did you apply?
    I was just concerned as I'm seeing others get offers/rejections from the universities I've applied to, yet I've had absolutely nothing

ReputationRep:
    I just double checked my account - everything seems to be fine and access was allowed. When did you apply?
    I was just concerned as I'm seeing others get offers/rejections from the universities I've applied to, yet I've had absolutely nothing
    I applied 14th OCT with LNAT already completed.
    I wouldn`t worry about hearing from the non-Oxbridge LNAT UNIs until after Oxford and Cambridge start giving out their offers in the New year. I think if you applied before 15th Oct they assume you applied to Oxbridge and prefer to give you an offer at the point you are most likely to be rejected and dejected and thereby most likely to take their offer.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else still not heard anything about the Dickson poon scholarship from Kings. They said we'd know by the 11th, should I assume its a rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopeful---)
    Has anyone else still not heard anything about the Dickson poon scholarship from Kings. They said we'd know by the 11th, should I assume its a rejection?
    I believe that the scholarship applicants who are being considered have been shortlisted for an interview?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.