Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread] watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1TrueMeaning)
    7 marks
    Cheers man, you got a spare noose?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i haven't got any of these answers fok mi lyf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legend12345)
    did anyone get - root 5 for the answer to the stationary point?
    Rings a bell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 000536)
    Which is ridiculous. Some people aren't as good at taking tests as other people so you're filtering out intelligent people who are good at taking tests and leaving behind anyone intelligent who may be better at practical application of mathematics.
    What other ways are there to 'filter' intelligence?

It was an easy paper. Simple as. I have no idea why everyone here has their knickers in a twist!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1TrueMeaning)
    Sadly i did that too. Hopefully it is a common misconception so they will cut us some slack with the method marks.

How come you can't do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utilitymaker)
    I agree with Pablo. Tests are designed to filter out people by intelligence. Personally I finished a bit late so I had 20 minutes to spare. This paper just consisted of applying basic AQA maths knowledge to slightly awkward questions. It was fine.

Every single year people react like this to every single paper. Every year people say "omg, that was the hardest paper ever!!!11".
    No, the A* grade boundary will not be below 60.

Get a grip
    people like you are going to be the bell ends of society working for 20 grand a year in a *****y terraced house, thinking you know it all. that paper compared to all the other papers was hard, take that out of exam conditions its still hard. june 2012 was the hardest paper they ever had, and the grade boundary was 58 for an a*, muppets like you need to do one.

ReputationRep:
    anyone remember what they got for the stationary point for question 8 (maybe?) where you had to leave it in the form p root q?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jsey)
    Yeah I did!
    Lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salty carpet)
    Cheers man, you got a spare noose?
    You can use mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubiquitousking)
    Debatable and needs proper definition. (Not to cause offence, but there's nothing that would indicate such, yet.)

Even if the paper was "easy" for an individual, one could notice that the questions were, for example, uncharacteristic or requiring a bit more skewed thinking or mathematical ability than usual.

It can be a horrible paper without you thinking you dropped too many marks. Him not seeing that is either a sign of him:
    a) Trolling or
    b) Not being pensive enough about the nature of the questions

For me it was pretty bad, definitely an outlier from all the other papers I have done...
    Yeah, this paper was more difficult than all the other papers I've gone through, and I'm a straight A/A* as well as a Mensa member (that reminds me, I should go to more of the meetings, haven't gone to one for a while).

I always stay a bit cautious of what I got, unless I'm very confident in all or almost all of the questions, like with F324 which was far easier than usual.

ReputationRep:
    I got 93 ums in core 3 last year so its lit.

ReputationRep:
    thats incorrect, the value was 0.79
    That was for the question with the answer cos(2/3) which you had to write in p(q)^1/2

ReputationRep:
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N88r)
    anyone remember what they got for the stationary point for question 8 (maybe?) where you had to leave it in the form p root q?
    - root 5

ReputationRep:
    people like you are going to be the bell ends of society working for 20 grand a year in a *****y terraced house, thinking you know it all. that paper compared to all the other papers was hard, take that out of exam conditions its still hard. june 2012 was the hardest paper they ever had, and the grade boundary was 58 for an a*, muppets like you need to do one.
    Why are you so angry? If you want a good grade then try harder next time. You missed a good chance as this year's paper was great.

Everyone here will be so disappointed when they see the grade boundaries are normal. The same as the candidates last year and the candidates before them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    Look, AQA will not drastically change the grade boundaries. If it was that hard, it wouldn't have been chosen for this year's paper. What they are trying to do, is stop thousands of student who simply do past papers and get A*s, without knowing the actual content. If this is one of you, you do not deserve to pass. The question about range, merely required simple mathematical ingenuity. Looking beyond this, the content was nothing but fundamental C3 AQA Maths knowledge.
    yo my g leave this thread asap
    your clearly from AQA and probably made this paper

ReputationRep:
    How the f*** do you know? Stop being a di**. Core 4 boundaries have been below 60 before so why cant core 3 be below 60?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam1231)
    How come you can't do that?
    ln(x^2) = 2lnx
    (ln(x))^2 cannot be simplified

You had to rewrite (lnx)^2 as lnx*lnx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N88r)
    I got - root 5

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.