The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Examples of successful retrenchment with an explanation?
Original post by IzzyWalker

royal mail when they were turning into a private company, became smaller alongside a change of leader helped the transformation
Guys, I didn't revise :frown:

Best way to fake results?

Why havent you added me on snapchat yet?

Starbucks closing 61 stores out of 85 in Australia 2008 due to lack of competitiveness and strategic decision to focus on expanding on successful US Market

Tesco retrenching from China due to 103 million pound losses in 2013. Due to lack of first mover advantage and localisation who Walmart did benefit from, entering the market first.

Asos retrenching £10 million worth of operations in China due to external environment - Chinese preferred local fashion tastes and didnt have income to finance asos clothing.
Original post by Lemon Haze
Guys, I didn't revise :frown:

Best way to fake results?

revise now! there really isn't that much more than you had to know for BUSS3
Original post by ddiimmaa123
Why havent you added me on snapchat yet?

Starbucks closing 61 stores out of 85 in Australia 2008 due to lack of competitiveness and strategic decision to focus on expanding on successful US Market

Tesco retrenching from China due to 103 million pound losses in 2013. Due to lack of first mover advantage and localisation who Walmart did benefit from, entering the market first.

Asos retrenching £10 million worth of operations in China due to external environment - Chinese preferred local fashion tastes and didnt have income to finance asos clothing.

lmao u seem to know what youre doing, how did u revise for section A i havent even started it??
Original post by SharinganShahz
lmao u seem to know what youre doing, how did u revise for section A i havent even started it??

Look at the research bullet points and get examples for them
How can Handy's model be applied to an answer for a question on leadership/culture/change management? Examples? Thaaaanks
Original post by splashywill
revise now! there really isn't that much more than you had to know for BUSS3

I already have a C for this subject, I was just retaking in my gap year for the sake of it. I haven't revised all year so there is no way I will get more than a C. I am only going to the exam so that my mum doesn't beat me up!
Original post by thopkins
Look at the research bullet points and get examples for them

so do i really need to know much content or is it just knowing a few theories and examples??
seriously! since i've been cramming so much today, i can't remember anything now! My mind goes blank when i try to think of an answer :'(
Original post by amy_eliz3
Yep! ICT, thankfully that's piss easy and I have spent all my time revising for BUSS4 but i'm confident for ICT. What have you got?

ICT is wayyyyyyyyyy harder
Original post by julistha
seriously! since i've been cramming so much today, i can't remember anything now! My mind goes blank when i try to think of an answer :'(

It's just stress, don't worry (ironic I know, eh)!

Knowledge cements at night when you sleep. You'll remember it tomorrow. All you'll have to do is read through the stuff one more time before the exam.
Original post by Caius Filimon
It's just stress, don't worry (ironic I know, eh)!

Knowledge cements at night when you sleep. You'll remember it tomorrow. All you'll have to do is read through the stuff one more time before the exam.

Need to cool down a bit....sigh
Original post by julistha
Need to cool down a bit....sigh

how did you go over section A??
A few examples of organisational culture with an explanation?
A few examples of organisational culture with an explanation?

doing research online is fun too lmao but

southwest airlines culture based around having friendly good customer staff

disney too have a very strong culture, workers are seen as "cast" and work is seenn as a "play"

i've just been watching the videos made by tutor2u on section A over and over again and going through their resources of research on different businesses.
here's the link to the videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISj_m9LPaP8&list=PLp8BSCLLWBUB7XIipXkD6LqmcW8K9Im5O

And link to the some research they have done on businesses for section A:
http://www.tutor2u.net/business/series/buss4-section-a-2016-e-commerce/p3
Original post by ryanroks1
1) In section A, you need to refer to the case study item. Literally dropping it in somewhere is enough, but you can't get good without a mention of it.

2) When using your researched examples, make sure you don't story tell. If you consistently use them to explain how they support your analysis and why they're relevant, then you're definitely on your way to good.

3) Just to be sure, try and compare and contrast. If your paragraph is focused on how leadership contributes to successful change management because it's visionary, have an example to show where a visionary leader has achieved successful strategic change and then contrast that to show how a poor leader has failed to achieve it - both back up your point but in different ways, and it's this combination that'll guarantee you good.

How do write a good introduction for your essay in both section A and B?

my reply is being moderated maybe because i included some links to tutor2u stuff. so yeah basically i just used all the resources tutor2u have gathered for buss4 and there is a lot which kept me busy for the whole day.
they have a lot of videos on youtube as well just search for tutor2u and you'll find it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending