** Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2017 Thread **

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    hsbc has a first yr summer you apply to, as does bny mellon

barclays is only if you're a member of SEO and get picked for, do and excel at their spring week. normally 5-10 or so folks picked for the first yr scheme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hahaha yh man i knew about bny, wanted to keep that on the dl cos several of our mates got that :') i'll pm you a few links today or tomorrow btw re 1st yr SA

So is the barclays one general seo member or for the fast track members only?

ReputationRep:
    Which ones don't have the numerical/verbal tests?Think it was said earlier in the thread but wasn't sure if those were the ones that did or didn't have them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobb99998)
    https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engin...sting_code=318

yes?

you say tweak the search for insight programs which options did you press I can only see intern NOT insight
    "early year"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    hahaha yh man i knew about bny, wanted to keep that on the dl cos several of our mates got that :') i'll pm you a few links today or tomorrow btw re 1st yr SA

So is the barclays one general seo member or for the fast track members only?
    No idea actually, maybe ask gr8wiz

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    blackrock

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you sure its open? I can see summer but not spring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astone96)
    Which ones don't have the numerical/verbal tests?Think it was said earlier in the thread but wasn't sure if those were the ones that did or didn't have them!
    BNPP/GS/JPM/Nomura/Barclays and HSBC is now just a situational judgement test, not a numerical.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The sandwich course is optional anyway, so if you want to apply this year - apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah at my uni its compulsory. You need to have extenuating circumstances
    to not do it and even then only the dean of the uni can exempt you from it. But I really wanna just apply anyways because if I get a first in my first year I'm 100% transferring to another uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenofdarkness)
    Nah at my uni its compulsory. You need to have extenuating circumstances
    to not do it and even then only the dean of the uni can exempt you from it. But I really wanna just apply anyways because if I get a first in my first year I'm 100% transferring to another uni.
    Ah, fair game. Heard of people doing that so go ahead, but you'd need to put 2019 down as the grad date.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone just putting down 1st (Expected) for university grade?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, fair game. Heard of people doing that so go ahead, but you'd need to put 2019 down as the grad date.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But there's my dilemma..say I don't get the first needed to transfer so I'm stuck doing the four year course at my current uni it looks as if I'm lying...I would think that the recruitment teams wouldn't really give much of a crap(well I hope)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenofdarkness)
    But there's my dilemma..say I don't get the first needed to transfer so I'm stuck doing the four year course at my current uni it looks as if I'm lying...I would think that the recruitment teams wouldn't really give much of a crap(well I hope)
    Nah, people 'change their mind' to do four year courses all the time and reapply to SWs. So not much of a risk, but generally I'd advise waiting to people with four yr programmes because you can really build up your CV in that extra year of prep.

Recruitment knows this happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No idea actually, maybe ask gr8wiz

Posted from TSR Mobile
    shout (Y)

ReputationRep:
    hsbc has a first yr summer you apply to, as does bny mellon

barclays is only if you're a member of SEO and get picked for, do and excel at their spring week. normally 5-10 or so folks picked for the first yr scheme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    First year at my program who got offer from Barclays doing summer the same year. He/she got it through spring week and is not a member of SEO.

ReputationRep:
    Does Noruma do a technology SW? if so, I cannot find it??

thx!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aran2121)
    Does Noruma do a technology SW? if so, I cannot find it??

thx!
    sw is for all divisions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    BNPP/GS/JPM/Nomura/Barclays and HSBC is now just a situational judgement test, not a numerical.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nomura has a numerical test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vegan_)
    Nomura has a numerical test.
    Ffs, another changed process. Cheers for the heads up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ffs, another changed process. Cheers for the heads up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    and a logic test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisidialu)
    and a logic test
    Cheers. Looks like it's just Barc/JPM/GS confirmed with no tests (barc has a weird new thing but isn't timed). BNPP could change now too, who even knows.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisidialu)
    and a logic test
    Is this an automatic one after the numerical? (I haven't taken the numerical yet)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.