Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016 watch

• View Poll Results: How hard did you find F211?!
    Hard
    34.29%
    Okay
    52.50%
    Easy
    13.21%

ReputationRep:
    For the lily question I put that I would do a stratified sample using a continuous belt transect using the environmental gradient from moist soil to dry soil. I would count all lily species within the quadrats and plot each number onto a graph to show how population of the lily changes with moisture change.

Is that correct or??

ReputationRep:
    For the question on the dichotomous key question, I wrote 'Does it have fertilised eggs that develop into blastula?'. Would that be correct?

This paper was awful.

Also on the last questions where you had to say why the statements were incorrect... I agreed with the statements LMAO?

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the questions you had to make up? I remember for one of the answers I wrote fungi (the top one)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what did people put for the benefits of preserving plant biodiversity for agriculture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random573)
    What did people put for the questions you had to make up? I remember for one of the answers I wrote fungi (the top one)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    fungi,
    does it have a chloroplast (plants and protoctists)
    does it have a true nucleus

ReputationRep:
    I wrote does it gain nutrition autotrophically and heterotrophically for plants and protoctists

ReputationRep:
    In the grid about primary & secondly response asking for speed and quantity of antibodies produced, what kind of this were we meant to put in the boxes?! Seemed a bit vague! I just put low & high kind of thing... 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emsyp6)
    In the grid about primary & secondly response asking for speed and quantity of antibodies produced, what kind of this were we meant to put in the boxes?! Seemed a bit vague! I just put low & high kind of thing... 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i was the same haha just kept reading it waiting for some instructions to pop out of no where

ReputationRep:
    For the fat question i wrote it would be a competitive inhibitor would that be right or is it competitive ? Please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09ekennedy)
    what did people put for the benefits of preserving plant biodiversity for agriculture?
    - More pollinators
    - More genetic diversity/variation
    - More plant species
    - Higher quality soil e.g/ more nitrates in the soil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emsyp6)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For primary I put: - Low for number of antibodies produced
    - Short (not sure if it was right)

For secondary I put: - High
    - Long (again not sure if this was right)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lion2121)

Good! I was just hoping we weren't meant to have learnt specific figures!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random573)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    - Fungi
    - Does it feed autotrophically?
    - Does it have a true nucleus?

ReputationRep:
    - Fungi
    - Does it feed autotrophically?
    - Does it have a true nucleus?
    Would I get the mark for just saying does it have a nucleus? I didn't put true 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    do you have to write 'true' nucleus because i just wrote nucleus

ReputationRep:
    Think you'd probably get both true nucleus and nucleus

ReputationRep:

I thought primary was longer than secondary due for the fact you don't have memory cells etc, but otherwise I got the same answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GetOverHere)
    I thought primary was longer than secondary due for the fact you don't have memory cells etc, but otherwise I got the same answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wasn't it the length of the immune response though?

So I was thinking secondary response is faster than primary response due to memory cells, but secondary immune response lasts longer due to the antibody concentration staying higher for longer

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't it the length of the immune response though?

So I was thinking secondary response is faster than primary response due to memory cells, but secondary immune response lasts longer due to the antibody concentration staying higher for longer
    It was the duration of the response I think. I was thinking that it was shorter because you've wiped out the infection quicker, so you don't need the prolong the response any further.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GetOverHere)
    It was the duration of the response I think. I was thinking that it was shorter because you've wiped out the infection quicker, so you don't need the prolong the response any further.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Name:  IMMUNE RESPONSE.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  34.7 KB

The whole duration of the secondary response is longer though.

Primary response is 28 days
    Secondary response in +28 days

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.