AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseaoscar15)
    What did people put for the mutation question and how it leads to a non functional protein.
    i described the types of mutation so deletion and substitution and told about how they work

ReputationRep:
    For the ratio I did 25/5 and got 5:1
    for the clear zone I calculated area of circle divide by each and got like 2.5x bigger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    What did you guys write about why above 40% shouldn't be used?
    I said that if they used something above 40%, there's a chance that the clear zone will be so big that it may merge with the other zones, making the overall results unclear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiechristie)
    kill meeeeee
    that was a complete guess tho aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neyscar)
    I said that if they used something above 40%, there's a chance that the clear zone will be so big that it may merge with the other zones, making the overall results unclear.
    Yes thank you! That's what I wrote as well :yep:

ReputationRep:
    That's more detail than what I wrote. I panicked on it since I don't remember seeing it in the textbook or the specification.

That's what I wrote as well. How many marks was it? It was only 1 right?
    Yeh was a tricky question, was 2 worth marks though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingAuthor)
    For the ratio I did 25/5 and got 5:1
    for the clear zone I calculated area of circle divide by each and got like 2.5x bigger
    Yep I got 2.5x bigger also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harryg123456)
    Yeh was a tricky question, was 2 worth marks though
    Hmm hopefully got one mark coz I talked about the reaction being quicker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    soo true although i liked the starch and cellulose at the end but then translocation hit me and i was like why
    same! guaranteed 5 marks ahah

ReputationRep:
    anyone not do this paper but still do the new spec as that was today??

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe we had a replacement paper after the van distributing the papers was hijacked 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lit34)
    Can't believe we had a replacement paper after the van distributing the papers was hijacked 😂
    We had a replacement paper?

What for AS Bio today?

ReputationRep:
    Predictions on grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    We had a replacement paper?

What for AS Bio today?
    Yeah, did your invigilators not tell you? That's why the code on the paper had an 'R' on, they had to redo the paper for security reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lit34)
    Yeah, did your invigilators not tell you? That's why the code on the paper had an 'R' on, they had to redo the paper for security reasons.
    Oh wow nope they didn't tell us but yeah there was an 'R' on the front.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow nope they didn't tell us but yeah there was an 'R' on the front.
    it was because a college were given paper 2 instead of paper 1 so they knew everything on paper 2 thats why we were given a replacement c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junior567)
    it was because a college were given paper 2 instead of paper 1 so they knew everything on paper 2 thats why we were given a replacement c
    Ahhh :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for the maths questions
    for the ratio one i got 1:3.6
    and the area one i got 4x bigger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raasclart)
    first bad ting i seen on da paper was that ugly experimental qooestion about HIV. Me never read such a durty qooestion in mah life. the qooestion was pure aids.

srsly doe mi bredrin, i got 15:4 for da ratiooo

also how do u answer the no on functional protein receptor bumbaraas qooestion??!

I got very annoyed half wey tru so mi rolled a doobie on da table so me cud get higher dan mi grades
    made my day

ReputationRep:
    I thought this Paper 2 was a lot better than Paper 1 - probably because there was more time for revision.

Surprisingly, there was a lot more on practical work and not much on the ventilation and heart.

What did you guys write for question 2 about the exo and edo enzymes and why both of them working together is better.
    Think I got that one wrong
    so first endopep makes the long polypep chain into shorter chains and exposes more amino acids at the ends on the chains- therefore, more enzyme substrate complexes..I dont know how to explain it properly but if you think about it, a polypep as two 'ends' -if i cut it into two chains, i now have 4 'ends'

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.