Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _MAT_)
    I put green
    I also put green and I believe 4 proton environments

ReputationRep:
    Did you get this for the 3d shape of the 1-2,methylpiperazine?

Name:  Senza titolo.png
Views: 159
Size:  9.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edsi)

Yeah I put that, just horizontally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edsi)

If it went out the page on one side and into the page on the other wouldn't that make it planar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geor_thor)
    How many hydrogen environments did people get for the question labelling the H environments.

Also what colour did you put the iron as for the reflects be spectrum. I put yellow?
    I got 3 environments. Yellow was corrsct

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geor_thor)
    How many hydrogen environments did people get for the question labelling the H environments.

Also what colour did you put the iron as for the reflects be spectrum. I put yellow?
    I got 5 environments and the color is brown orange but i guess orange yellow would do ( https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=it&q=ocher+pigment )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisEdwards1234)
    Didn't think that paper was too bad, a lot of stuff had came up in a lot of past papers before, calculations were a bit poor though. Believe I got -120 for the enthalpy diagram. 1 for the question with H20, 2 for the value of Y but the others were pretty hard.
    I got 4 for y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus_tj)
    If it went out the page on one side and into the page on the other wouldn't that make it planar?
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus_tj)
    Not really the electron pair makes it tetrahedral, therefore it can ideally form E/Z isomers as the groups can go both into/out of the page or can be alternated
    At least this is what i think

ReputationRep:
    The benzene question I got 3 different environments (numbers 1,2,3) I drew environment 3 only once as that was an NH bond and I drew the number 1 and 2 around each respective ring. Hope this makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edsi)
    Not really the electron pair makes it tetrahedral, therefore it can ideally form E/Z isomers as the groups can go both into/out of the page or can be alternated
    At least this is what i think
    Can't be tetrahedral as lone pairs contribute to the bond angle but not the shape. Shape would be pyramidal but it didn't ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Cycic.png
Views: 226
Size:  1.9 KB
    I put this because it's not planar and I assumed that the nitrogen would form a trigonal pyramidal shape since it has three bonding pairs and one lone pair Attachment 554876554880 so it'd look a bit like this?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJAKE)
    I got 6
    same i got 6 but i dont think its right

idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B50les)
    I got 4 for y
    So did I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fishhy34)
    same i got 6 but i dont think its right

idk
    I too got 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuvela)
    I got 3 environments. Yellow was corrsct

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Green should be accepted aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _MAT_)
    Name:  Cycic.png
Views: 226
Size:  1.9 KB
    I put this because it's not planar and I assumed that the nitrogen would form a trigonal pyramidal shape since it has three bonding pairs and one lone pair Attachment 554876554880 so it'd look a bit like this?
    I have just found the molecule (except CH3 is replaced with NH2 but it doesn't change the ring shape)
    open the url and click 3d shape
    https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/com...n=3D-Conformer

ReputationRep:
    can anyone remember the structure we needed to label the h environments of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaeNy)
    Am I the only one who put hydrogen for the first one😂
    I put hydrogen too lol thought you needed to break the c=c to make the alkane 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuvela)
    The benzene question I got 3 different environments (numbers 1,2,3) I drew environment 3 only once as that was an NH bond and I drew the number 1 and 2 around each respective ring. Hope this makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly what I got

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.