1 a) 4ms-2 b) 11/3
    2) P =4900 R = 784 d= 53.1
    3) c= 10/3
    4) x =0.83m, angle 113.6
    5) a) friction = (5gdsinthetacostheta)/4
    Reaction= (5g/4)(4-dcos^2theta)
    b) d = 2.56m
    6)a) lambda = 30/7 b) speed 10.4 angle 73.6
    7) a) Va = 3u/20 Vb = 21u/10 b) e=1/14 c) no since moving at same speed in same direction
    In question 6bi, is the question measured clockwise? As in would 73.6 from i be the same as 163.6 from j

ReputationRep:
    So frustrating. Got all of it right except for the first question which I completely ****ed up. Hopefully I'll get get some method marks since I had the right method but slipped up at a point. If I get 90 I'll be over the moon lol

ReputationRep:
    People generally found it very tricky so hopefully boundaries will be low (centre of mass question was peaaaaaaaak)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    I hate having to wait so long for results day. It's the worst. Tbh I did well in fp2 and I find fp3 easier than fp2 so I should be fine. I've got S2 as back up any way but I need to start revising for that
    Egh, I know, I just try to put results day out of my mind until it actually arrives. If you’ve done well in FP2 then you’ll have got some pretty high UMS there, it was a tough paper. I’m generally OK with FP3 but I really don’t like the loci problems they set in the conics questions.

ReputationRep:
    What grade would mid 40s be? (44-46ish) Would that be a D?

ReputationRep:
    You're all welcome, I'm helping the grade boundaries get lower .

Also, for question 6, I couldn't figure out a value for lambda so I just used lambda = 3 then went onto part b using this value. How many marks would I gain from part b for using this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)

Also, for question 6, I couldn't figure out a value for lambda so I just used lambda = 3 then went onto part b using this value. How many marks would I gain from part b for using this.
    I would say if you did the right method you might not lose anything

ReputationRep:
    How many marks do you guys reckon I'll lose for adding the mass of the 2 shapes together then dividing by the total mass of the shapes (rather than subtracting the mass of the triangle from the mass of the sector then dividing). It means I got the distance from AD wrong and ofc the angle as a follow on from that. In terms of method, attempted to find the angle using tan-1 and that the angle in the triangle was 45 - my table of masses was also correct. Is about -4 marks fair? (out of 9)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixelwulf)
    What grade would mid 40s be? (44-46ish) Would that be a D?
    Yup. C was 50 last yr

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmmmmhmmm, pretty relieved, because I was so stressed going in to the test, however I got 70.0 for Q)6 so it looks like a made a ittle error somewhere, but hopefully I won't loose too many marks for that... I know I've also lost 2 marks at the beginning for a silly error.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)

I did the exact same thing loool, I'm expecting no marks from that question to be fair

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me how to do 2b?
    Just to make sure because I think I got 531

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mani119)
    Can someone tell me how to do 2b?
    Just to make sure because I think I got 531
    1/2m12.5^2= mgdsin+ dR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathlete2198)
    Hi guys,

So I'm supposed to be revising for C3, but I remembered all the questions from 1-6. I'm really sad, sorry. If anyone remembers Q7 holla at me.

I hope that these are right, but remember, I'm a student just like you guys!

If you have any questions let me know.
    Thanks a lot, hopefully more people can see this

ReputationRep:
    Q5 said write in terms d g theta I didn't do moments therefore never got d But my R and P was still correct how many marks lost??

ReputationRep:
    nitromeguy Q5 said write in terms d g theta I didn't do moments therefore never got d But my R and P was still correct how many marks lost??

ReputationRep:
    Damn damn damn damn, I got the i and j vectors the wrong way around, I said 3 was it's inital vertical speed. If all my working is correct how many marks could I lose ? 3 for answer marks?

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for full ums? what mark out of 75 do you lot think it'll be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD1998)
    I would say if you did the right method you might not lose anything
    I'll lose all the accuracy marks, I know that (I was just thinking I need to get some more method marks when I rushed to get that part done).

Tbh I did it last year in M1 with the lift question, couldn't do part a but I had a method for part b (they were both only 4 marks I think), so I could get 1-2 extra marks in part b using a random answer for part a.

ReputationRep:
    For 6bi I said that the angle for direction is 73 Degrees below the HORZONTAl is this correct?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.