Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    Dammit,Still 34 days left.

ReputationRep:
    ( *slowly digs a dieing hole in Africa like Melman does*

Basically how I feel :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominae)
    I'm definitely going out the night before results, I don't think I could handle staying up through the night like previous years.
    I need to stay up lol - my STEP results come out at midnight lol

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you guys are still worrying lots about your exams we think it's important that you relax and take some time off after your exams and enjoy the summer!! We find a new technique called mindfulness can help with stress. It's all about changing the way you think. If you keep thinking “exams stress me out” or “I stress over the results”, it can create even more stress.
    So to help you out, our expert has put some top tips together to stop worrying about exams, see: www.bcu.ac.uk/stop-worrying
    And to help you enjoy your summer, here's some events on in Birmingham that you might be interested in (ps you can win tickets too) www.bcu.ac.uk/visit-birmingham

Good luck for the 18th!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!!!

I know you guys over here are worrying over exam results and "oh have i met my offer?". I know it is hard to but try to get it out of your mind. Think about it, will stressing out change what will be in that sheet for results day? No right. So look to enjoy your summer as much as possible as you won't get this big and great of a summer again and think about it "would it be worth it worrying about something you cannot control where instead you can enjoy the long summer?". And if you tried your hardest then thats all you can do right!!! I personally don't think I did as well as i wanted to but the world won't end and I did what I can. If I asked you "Do you regret anything with your revision" and you answered no then you dont have anything to fear!!! Take your mind off it as much as you can!!!

I hope this helps!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's got to the point where whenever I think of results day I feel sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Days seem to last forever but weeks are going by so quickly!!!! I really just want results day to hurry up now especially because I know that all my papers are marked by about now. We are in the quality control period and then the grade boundries are set about 2 weeks from now I belive. That leaves a week for assigning grades and double checking things and then unis find our grades a week before us.
    Weird how most of the work is done in the sense are papers have been marked but our grades still haven't been worked out yet and weird how in a few weeks it'll all be sealed and there's nothing we can do to change it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Weird how most of the work is done in the sense are papers have been marked but our grades still haven't been worked out yet and weird how in a few weeks it'll all be sealed and there's nothing we can do to change it :/
    Well there are still remarks. But yeah I know. I imagine that the markers have a rough idea of our grades already in each exam at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Practically speaking you can send your papers for a remark so there's something you can do to change it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    It's got to the point where whenever I think of results day I feel sick.
    Same here. Then I do something like eat an entire pizza and a bar of chocolate for comfort, and end up hating my life even more.

Actually need to get a grip!

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one that is looking forward to results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    Nope! I'll admit, I'm pretty anxious, but the thought of perhaps getting accepted to a uni to do a course that I really want to do is great. Anyway, until then I have tons of free time to do what I like, so it's a nice reminder that I do have an important life ahead of me but I can do other stuff unrelated beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    • Are you AS or A2?
    A2
    • What subjects are you taking?
    History, Ancient History, Sociology
    • To which university are you hoping to go?
    Warwick
    • To study which subject?
    History
    • If applicable, what were your AS grades?
    AABB
    • What grades are required for your desired degree?
    AAA
    • What grades are you predicted?
    AAA
    • How did your exams go?
    Pretty well I'd like to think, and I'm normally a negative thinker so when I first completed them I thought I'd ruined my life, but I know I put the right stuff in
    • How are you feeling about results day?
    Slightly positive, slightly anxious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartinisSkip)
    Nope! I'll admit, I'm pretty anxious, but the thought of perhaps getting accepted to a uni to do a course that I really want to do is great. Anyway, until then I have tons of free time to do what I like, so it's a nice reminder that I do have an important life ahead of me but I can do other stuff unrelated beforehand.
    Im feeling exactly the same as you!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's better to be worried and scared in my experience. If you go in expecting good grades and then don't get them it crushes you.

ReputationRep:
    Im feeling exactly the same as you!!!
    I'm assuming your A2 then? That probably sounds stupid but to be fair it is quite late here, so I'm going to blame tiredness. Where are you hoping of going to uni?

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming your A2 then? That probably sounds stupid but to be fair it is quite late here, so I'm going to blame tiredness. Where are you hoping of going to uni?
    Yep a2 and i want to do morse at wawrick

ReputationRep:
    Yep a2 and i want to do morse at wawrick
    Oh awesome! Warwick's my firm too, for history so here's hoping

ReputationRep:
    Oh awesome! Warwick's my firm too, for history so here's hoping
    Oohh nice!! - decided accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    Oohh nice!! - decided accomodation?
    Mhm, Westwood is my first preference since it's pretty nice there and the cost isn't too scary. How about you?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.