Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bdoran98)
    Can someone link me the STEP 1 2015 mark scheme please?
    Go on the ATS website and download the "STEP 2015" zip file here.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else in the similar situation to me where the newest papers I have are II 1990 and III 1991? XD
    That said I'm doing my last mock (III 2015) this afternoon, hoping it goes better than my mess-up of a II 2015 mock .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    I'm presuming such luxuries aren't granted at Cambridge where it's 'sleep-in once and fail your degree'?
    Goodness it's not that rigorous! I may have had just a little too much to drink of the occasional evening and not made it to nine o'clock lectures the following day. Didn't do me any harm; character building really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Is anyone else in the similar situation to me where the newest papers I have are II 1990 and III 1991? XD
    That said I'm doing my last mock (III 2015) this afternoon, hoping it goes better than my mess-up of a II 2015 mock .
    I'm not sure whether I'm envious or not, I've got 2014 and 2015 to do over the next few days.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether I'm envious or not, I've got 2014 and 2015 to do over the next few days.
    Lol same, lazy minds procrastinate alike

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    Lol same, lazy minds procrastinate alike

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Keep waking up late, legit hate myself at this point

ReputationRep:
    Same

ReputationRep:
    I'm in pretty much the opposite situation, I've got 2 recent II papers left, and 6 recent II papers. I'm basically doing 1 a day except on exam days.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting like 3 hours sleep on morning exams, why do I do this to myself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    good luck! let me know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    good luck! let me know how it goes
    Do you want to peer mark again? Or anyone else that's done II 2015 Just finished it now, was a little dissapointed at my lack of rigour and silly mistakes, so don't think I did very well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjsnyder)
    Do you want to peer mark again? Or anyone else that's done II 2015 Just finished it now, was a little dissapointed at my lack of rigour and silly mistakes, so don't think I did very well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure, I mean I did the paper yesterday and marked the qs but Id still be grateful for someone elses thoughts on my working. Ill send over some qs after lunch, and Ill have look at any u want to send me to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    Sure, I mean I did the paper yesterday and marked the qs but Id still be grateful for someone elses thoughts on my working. Ill send over some qs after lunch, and Ill have look at any u want to send me to
    Cool, I attempted 6 so I'll send those to you

Here is my workings (sorry for the mess, really struggled on this paper!):
    https://goo.gl/2kTvHM
    P.S I had alternate workings to the mark scheme on a few questions, sorry for that :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know why the latex in the Solution forum is not displayed? A few days ago it was working? Is it only my account or?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geraer100)
    Hi, does anyone know why the latex in the Solution forum is not displayed? A few days ago it was working? Is it only my account or?
    LaTeX seems to have broken for everyone on all threads, as far as I can tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeneyrod)
    LaTeX seems to have broken for everyone on all threads, as far as I can tell.
    Thanks!
    Ahh it has broken just a few days before the exam!

ReputationRep:
    STEP II, 2004,

Q7, why in the solution when evaluating the equation 8x^4-8x^2+1=0, the other solution which is x^2=1/2-1/(2sqroot(2)) is ignored?

the solution is attached
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I've just done III 2014 and I'm laughing my ass off. :rofl:

Remember what we were talking about yesterday? Look at Q15d of this second year Cambridge course exam paper and then look at Q4 of III 2014.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geraer100)
    STEP II, 2004,

Q7, why in the solution when evaluating the equation 8x^4-8x^2+1=0, the other solution which is x^2=1/2-1/(2sqroot(2)) is ignored?

the solution is attached
    I hadn't quite read your question correctly in my earlier reply.

Observe that x=\sin (5\pi /8) > \sin (6 \pi / 8) = \dfrac{1}{\sqrt{2}}>0 so x^2 > \dfrac{1}{2}.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.