Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolaah)
    hello fellow IR applicant! I applied on 17/10 and got the initial review email last monday - so should hear soon whether or not i've passed initial review....
    That's great! I got mine at the same time, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thursday today, anyone heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    I've just read someone got a rejection from LSE on the basis of their GCSE results being too low (they got something like AAAAABBBB) mine are A*ABBBBBCCCC, does this mean I'm guaranteed a rejection? I'm predicted AAA which is the entry requirements and visited the uni for lectures etc as well as this I'm hoping my contextual positioning will add some weight to my application but this has worried me. Anyone have any idea of their basis for rejections?

ReputationRep:
    Just received the 8 week email for Law.

The email also said: "Please note that you should have received this email on Monday 7 November. We apologise for the delay."

Imagine the heart attack I had when it came! Thought it was gonna be a rejection haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christy98)
    Just received the 8 week email for Law.

The email also said: "Please note that you should have received this email on Monday 7 November. We apologise for the delay."

Imagine the heart attack I had when it came! Thought it was gonna be a rejection haha
    Same here!!! so pleased to not have been rejected (yet) ahaha!

ReputationRep:
    I made a group on facebook for LSE applicants

https://www.facebook.com/groups/358481881166982/

ReputationRep:
    2 of my school mates got offers today from acturial science and sociology. So agonising the wait.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Sara, I applied to Government, I currently do Govt & Politics, Eng Lang, and Eng Lit. AAAB at AS. Predicted A*A*A in A Level.I also got the 8 week email the other week!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 17.47.52.png
Views: 207
Size:  24.6 KB
    Is this the 8 week email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellerogerss)
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 17.47.52.png
Views: 207
Size:  24.6 KB
    Is this the 8 week email?
    No that's the initial review. The 8 week should come in 2weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellerogerss)
    I've just read someone got a rejection from LSE on the basis of their GCSE results being too low (they got something like AAAAABBBB) mine are A*ABBBBBCCCC, does this mean I'm guaranteed a rejection? I'm predicted AAA which is the entry requirements and visited the uni for lectures etc as well as this I'm hoping my contextual positioning will add some weight to my application but this has worried me. Anyone have any idea of their basis for rejections?
    What course was this for??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got a rejection for BSc Economics on the basis of my A2 predictions being too low - mine were A*AA with A* in Economics and A in Maths and Physics but BSc Economics requires A* in Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nc_x)
    What course was this for??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    International Relations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DziNe)
    Got a rejection for BSc Economics on the basis of my A2 predictions being too low - mine were A*AA with A* in Economics and A in Maths and Physics but BSc Economics requires A* in Maths.
    Sorry to hear this...
    Thanks for letting us know though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    Sorry to hear this...
    Thanks for letting us know though.
    No problem, it isn't too disheartening for me as I was struggling to decide between Warwick and LSE in the first place and this makes the choice easy at least haha.

ReputationRep:
    Just got my 8 weeks! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chra_)
    Just got my 8 weeks! )
    Do u mind telling me what course you're applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BECK!!)
    Do u mind telling me what course you're applying for?
    Law LLB!

ReputationRep:
    Do lse ask for ums for exonomics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwerty Lad)
    Do lse ask for ums for exonomics?
    For maths and further maths modules only.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.