We Have Relocated!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?Hannah)
    oh wow, why do you think that you won't be going to college anymore? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's nothing serious or anything like that - I might go for an Apprenticeship What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    It's nothing serious or anything like that - I might go for an Apprenticeship What do you think?
    that does sound rather interesting. what apprenticeship would it be? would you be doing your A levels alongside it? also, what are you thoughts about going on to do a degree (if you have completed an apprenticeship?)

i think that if you want to do an apprenticeship and it seems highly recognised and worth your time then go ahead with it! however, don't let your A levels suffer or any chances of doing a degree. personally, i would struggle to make time to perform extremely well in both my A levels and apprenticeship. or would you consider just doing an apprenticeship rather than A levels? it is a good idea though, as you will gain so much experience! experience that will make you seem rather appealing to employers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    that does sound rather interesting. what apprenticeship would it be? would you be doing your A levels alongside it? also, what are you thoughts about going on to do a degree (if you have completed an apprenticeship?)

i think that if you want to do an apprenticeship and it seems highly recognised and worth your time then go ahead with it! however, don't let your A levels suffer or any chances of doing a degree. personally, i would struggle to make time to perform extremely well in both my A levels and apprenticeship. or would you consider just doing an apprenticeship rather than A levels? it is a good idea though, as you will gain so much experience! experience that will make you seem rather appealing to employers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It would be an engineering one I think. But I would love to do a degree as well, so I'm unsure what to do yet.

I think it would be highly recognised but I don't yet know what the workload will be like. I think just doing the apprenticeship would make it difficult to go to uni as they say a levels prepare you for university study. But yes, experience is the things employers need at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophFlorence)
    Hi 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello! How's your summer going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilacpotato)
    Hello! How's your summer going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's been great thanks, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone - hope you're all having a great summer. What have you all been getting up to?

P.S - has anyone else seen the comment on my GYG thread? (from a vault person)

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone - hope you're all having a great summer. What have you all been getting up to?

Hey,
    I've been good and busy. I've got cousins around from Canada Wbu ?

OMG yes !! Just ignore whoever that is. I was about to have a go or even say something but it will make it worse
    Don't worry Zoe your amazing and your such a role model to me - your so hard working xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Hey,
    I've been good and busy. I've got cousins around from Canada Wbu ?

OMG yes !! Just ignore whoever that is. I was about to have a go or even say something but it will make it worse
    Don't worry Zoe your amazing and your such a role model to me - your so hard working xx
    Aw that's really good! I've been keeping up with your bucket list and it is amazing with everything you want to do!.

And I know, it doesn't bother me, it's just quite funny how people have the time to write these horrible things. Thank you!! You're too kind!

Anyways - keep me updated with how your summer goes

ReputationRep:

hey, i saw the comment.
    don't respond to them, they aren't worth the effort.
    we all know that you aren't the kind of person that they said you were.
    they don't even know you, how could they make such a comment about someone they haven't met?
    they are probably jealous about your intelligence and fabulous work effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey, i saw the comment.
    don't respond to them, they aren't worth the effort.
    we all know that you aren't the kind of person that they said you were.
    they don't even know you, how could they make such a comment about someone they haven't met?
    they are probably jealous about your intelligence and fabulous work effort
    Aw thank you Hannah - like I said before, it's actually quite funny how people have so much time in their lives to say such things hiding behind a keyboard. But anyway - onwards and upwards

(Hope you're having a great summer!)

ReputationRep:

Hello! It's been ages since I've been here! My summer is going well but a bit bored though! What about you? Oh yeah, I've finally found work experience at a hospice and I plan to volunteer at my local hospital shop.
    Been reading some books and catching up with some shows!

No, I haven't seen it but no need to worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's been great thanks, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty good so far, not quite as productive as I would have liked but hopefully that will change!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilacpotato)
    Pretty good so far, not quite as productive as I would have liked but hopefully that will change!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, I'm sure it will! I've been pretty productive to be fair to me! Two sets of bridging work finished- two to go!

Will you be studying Alevels; if so- which ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    Hello! It's been ages since I've been here! My summer is going well but a bit bored though! What about you? Oh yeah, I've finally found work experience at a hospice and I plan to volunteer at my local hospital shop.
    Been reading some books and catching up with some shows!

No, I haven't seen it but no need to worry!
    Hi! Where have you been (Only kidding, hope you are well)

That's good - mine is getting a bit boring, but I am trying to plan it out a bit better so I can actually schedule some more fun things into my days. (And then be able to add it to my bucket list).

Your work experience sounds interesting and it's great to hear you're volunteering!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, thought I'd drop by and say hello seeing as it's been a while
    My summer has actually been pretty busy so far! As some of you might know I went to London last week with school which was absolutely amazing, and today I've just returned from a camping trip with some friends which was also really good - there was plenty of banter and it was super super hot and sunny, although there were an unbelievable amount of flies so I'm pretty covered in bites and i have the worst sunburn I've ever had so I'm currently stinging quite a bit! I've got less than 2 weeks until I start NCS which I'm also very excited for I've decided I'm not going to apply for any jobs until September because I'm not around stably enough to maintain one and I also don't have a whole lot of time at the moment but by the time school starts again I'll be able to get one I haven't even looked at my summer holiday work yet, although I didnt get much at all (maths gave us a big booklet of stuff but its all recapping of GCSE stuff and we only have to do a little bit off every page so its not too bad, further maths only gave us one sheet of FP1 work on summation - half of which we'd done in the taster lesson and physics completely forgot to give us any!) but i've still got that to do at some point.

My question to you today is:
    On results day, will you be collecting your results (as i have quite a few friends who will be on holiday so won't be able to) and will you be opening them at school?

I personally will be collecting and opening my results at school, which very few people i know are doing. Most people's reason is the fear of failure, which i also share for some subjects, but i am quite annoyed as it'll mean I'll be alone in celebrating/crying over what i got.

I also managed to drop a glass bottle onto the back of my phone while camping which smashed the screen

Glad to see people are having generally good summers so far!

ReputationRep:
    Hi 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooh hello, fancy seeing you here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Ooh hello, fancy seeing you here
    Haha. Hi!

:banana2:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I'm sure it will! I've been pretty productive to be fair to me! Two sets of bridging work finished- two to go!

Will you be studying Alevels; if so- which ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's good!
    Biology, Chemistry, French and German, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Hey everyone, thought I'd drop by and say hello seeing as it's been a while
    My summer has actually been pretty busy so far! As some of you might know I went to London last week with school which was absolutely amazing, and today I've just returned from a camping trip with some friends which was also really good - there was plenty of banter and it was super super hot and sunny, although there were an unbelievable amount of flies so I'm pretty covered in bites and i have the worst sunburn I've ever had so I'm currently stinging quite a bit! I've got less than 2 weeks until I start NCS which I'm also very excited for I've decided I'm not going to apply for any jobs until September because I'm not around stably enough to maintain one and I also don't have a whole lot of time at the moment but by the time school starts again I'll be able to get one I haven't even looked at my summer holiday work yet, although I didnt get much at all (maths gave us a big booklet of stuff but its all recapping of GCSE stuff and we only have to do a little bit off every page so its not too bad, further maths only gave us one sheet of FP1 work on summation - half of which we'd done in the taster lesson and physics completely forgot to give us any!) but i've still got that to do at some point.

My question to you today is:
    On results day, will you be collecting your results (as i have quite a few friends who will be on holiday so won't be able to) and will you be opening them at school?

I personally will be collecting and opening my results at school, which very few people i know are doing. Most people's reason is the fear of failure, which i also share for some subjects, but i am quite annoyed as it'll mean I'll be alone in celebrating/crying over what i got.

I also managed to drop a glass bottle onto the back of my phone while camping which smashed the screen

Glad to see people are having generally good summers so far!
    I'm will be collecting and opening my results at school as well which is what most of my friends are doing (I think!) The main reason is I really want to find out what my friends got as well, especially whether my friend got a C in French! 🙏🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.