Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Petition calling for 2nd Referendum - and write to your MP Watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by A Slice of Pi)
    Somehow I don't think there'd be quite as much uproar if we'd have chosen to stay.
    Oh I'm quite certain Farage would be stirring up a huge amount of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Oh I'm quite certain Farage would be stirring up a huge amount of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're a sore loser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    That older generation has, by far and large, passed away. Futile point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its more about showing that the older generation have done so much more for this country, then a bunch of spotty teenagers and twenty somethings who have no clue about life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the IT MAN)
    Its more about showing that the older generation have done so much more for this country, then a bunch of spotty teenagers and twenty somethings who have no clue about life.
    What kind of silliness is this? Clearly, the older people will have done more. Did you expect anything else?

The question arises as to whether someone who will not be alive should have the power to dictate the lives of younger people. Not referring to 65 yr old people, but when I heard people applauding a 93 yr old woman I got a headache.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    What kind of silliness is this? Clearly, the older people will have done more. Did you expect anything else?

The question arises as to whether someone who will not be alive should have the power to dictate the lives of younger people. Not referring to 65 yr old people, but when I heard people applauding a 93 yr old woman I got a headache.
    I think the worst thing is not the very elderly, because fair play to them, they went through war and hardship, but white racist people in their 50s and 60s brought up in a wealthy country with every opportunity to advance who blame everything that is allegedly 'wrong' on immigrants and are positive 'Nigel will fix it'. They give me the creeps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    They give me the creeps.
    Unfortunately, your views give most people the creeps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Unfortunately, your views give most people the creeps.
    Although strangely I get heaps of reps and new followers when I post my views, so perhaps that's not "most people". :smug:

Anyway, I'm one of the majority who would now vote Remain if the poll were rerun.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    This may have been mentioned already but I've only just seen it:

"Former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair says that a second Brexit referendum should not be ruled out in the process of redefining the country’s relationship with the European Union (EU)."

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2016/0...r-UK-Brexit-EU

ReputationRep:
    David Cameron confirms there will be no second EU referendum:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CALFna4rUA

(False alarm everyone, my mistake)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    David Cameron confirms there will be no second EU referendum:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CALFna4rUA
    That was BEFORE the referendum was held, and was said in response to Farage indicating he wanted a re-run if he lost to a close vote (Farage said 52:48 for Remain would be too close - sound familiar?)

It was also DC who said he would not resign if he lost...

ReputationRep:
    That was BEFORE the referendum was held, and was said in response to Farage indicating he wanted a re-run if he lost to a close vote (Farage said 52:48 for Remain would be too close - sound familiar?)

Oh really? So sorry guys, my bad for the false alarm. This was sent to me a few minutes ago so I thought it was most recent. I'll just take back my comment lol.

ReputationRep:

Exactly, I think the Bremain lot really are clutching at straws. Their staunchest ally in Bremain was greatly in favour of no second vote.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    Oh really? So sorry guys, my bad for the false alarm. This was sent to me a few minutes ago so I thought it was most recent. I'll just take back my comment lol.
    Maybe listen to a vid before posting it.

He even says "*If* the country votes..."

ReputationRep:
    I also recall reading on BBC earlier that Angela Merkel essentially implied the UK should be allowed to rethink this decision.

God sake I can't find it now considering there's a new story about the EU every 10 seconds xD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)

Anyway, I'm one of the majority who would now vote Remain if the poll were rerun.
    How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    How do you know?
    5 people on the BBC said they regretted voting Leave, so Remain would now win.

ReputationRep:
    Farage said 52:48 for Remain would be too close - sound familiar?
    So you agree with Farage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desi123)
    5 people on the BBC said they regretted voting Leave, so Remain would now win.
    Many people on here live in their London/uni city bubble.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe listen to a vid before posting it.

He even says "*If* the country votes..."
    Erm I had actually watched and listened to the video twice (I kept replaying it because of the silence at the end) but didn't hear the "if". Maybe it was because this video was sent to me with this newspaper article concerning article 50 being issued on Tuesday:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/134671...-this-tuesday/
    I guess I didn't listen properly. But yea, as I had said before my bad. It was my mistake..
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Josb)
    So you agree with Farage?
    LOL. On this, conveniently, yes.

If it had been the other way round then probably not. Isn't life strange...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.