Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.67%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.24%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleming1928)
    The game seems to be breaking every 5 minutes for me. I ran out off all my poke-balls ... the nearest poke-stop in my area is 30 minutes away. I walked there twice today and both times the poke-stop didn't appear. It didn't even count the km for my eggs.
    At least you did exercise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Oh, I have a trick for that! It happened to me when I was trying to catch a Seel today, and as I live in a rural pidgey-populated area, a Seel was a pretty big deal.

Here is what I do -

Turn on airplane mode
    Close the app completely (on iPhone, swipe the screen up as to make sure it’s all closed down)
    Go back to the app keeping airplane mode off
    Now, when you’re on the loading screen, log back in (it’ll say ‘sign’)
    The Pokémon you were trying to catch as the app froze should be in your Pokedex etc
    I''ll try that next time it happens, thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been able to get into the game for a couple of hours. Just walked 3km home from work, unable to log in, with a 10km egg only 1.4km away from hatching :sad: Walking without the app open feels like torture.

ReputationRep:
    Let's put it this way - living on the countryside and trying to play Pokémon Go! is a no-go. There are barely any Pokémon around in the first place, and when they are they're in the middle of a forest or a private field that you're not allowed to enter. Trust me, even with a Lure activated there were NO Pokémons in my area.

Next to this, the reception can be pretty bad; some areas will have four bars, and the game will work flawlessly. Some other areas will have two to no bars and the game will screw up.

Also, I've been having issues with the game generally. I have found so many more Pokémon and actually caught them, but because of an Error that keeps occuring within my game I only got three of the some-what six Pokémon I've managed to collect today. I had the chance to get a Cubone, a Pigenot and an Eevee, but because the game screwed up (after I CAUGHT the Pokémon!) and said "Error", they were not added to my collection. Frustrating! Now I'm stuck with one Pikachu (my starter Pokémon), a Zubat and two Weebles. Because of this I'm still stuck on Level 2!!!

I've also encountered the problem that it will tell me that there is a Pokémon in my surroundings, and will show the shadow and the rings on the floor that it is there, but it wouldn't show me a) what Pokémon it is, and b) wouldn't let me interact with it. Very frustrating!

Another issue I have with the game is that a) the Pokéstops don't always work right, and b) they are in completely inappropriate places. One of the Pokéstops today was in a graveyard. There were children running around it trying to get the thing to work, which is very disrespectful.
    Also, the Pokéstops don't always work, and will also show me an error message even if I'm literally sitting on the thing. I decided to give up after three tries and went home.

Very frustrating at the moment. I may go into town later this week to see if it works there.

ReputationRep:
    What team is best in you guys's opinion and why?

I pick team Mystic. Good thing too as there is literally a Mystic gym across my road and a pokestop.
    Also I found pikachu outside my gates.

Man, I love where I live.

Those who live in the middle of nowhere, you have my deepest condolences.

I'm having issues with the game also, I logged in once today In about 30 attempts or so .

ReputationRep:
    Level 7 now, tried to battle earlier - had no idea what I'm doing - my highest Pokemon is still only 200cp - need to get it higher to have a chance!!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Level 7 now, tried to battle earlier - had no idea what I'm doing - my highest Pokemon is still only 200cp - need to get it higher to have a chance!!*
    Evolve for levels and better cp

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm beginning to really dislike the gyarados loading screen. Especially when the loading bar gets stuck at a third...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    I'm beginning to really dislike the gyarados loading screen. Especially when the loading bar gets stuck at a third...
    Yeah, that means the server is down usually, the last two games it's been pretty inconsistent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Evolve for levels and better cp

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can never seem to get enough candies for the Pokemon I want to evolve - my town is full of pidgeys haha - I am forming a pidgey army!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    You'd think they'd have more than one loading screen...
    It would mean that we could at least have some variety with this game, as opposed to it just never loading...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    I can never seem to get enough candies for the Pokemon I want to evolve - my town is full of pidgeys haha - I am forming a pidgey army!*
    Then evolve podgeys, xp is xp.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I find worrying that even now at midnight I cannot connect, that implies that European servers are being used to handle US traffic, I suppose that also explains why it is so slow normally, there is a good chance you're on servers on other continents

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anybody else experienced catching a pokemon in the wild only for the pokeball caught screen to freeze
    I.e game glitch. :shot:

Happened to me after walking for a solid hour came across 4 pokemons caught all 4 but 3/4 = game glitched. :shot:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    anybody else experienced catching a pokemon in the wild only for the pokeball caught screen to freeze
    I.e game glitch. :shot:

Happened to me after walking for a solid hour came across 4 pokemons caught all 4 but 3/4 = game glitched. :shot:
    Same and the footstep thingy is glitchy too.

ReputationRep:
    What is the highest level on Pokemon GO?

I saw on twitter the rewards for lvl30 :rolleyes: and here I am lvl6.

ReputationRep:
    Server was down every time I went out this weekend :bawling:

But I just had an amazing walk to work and got a jigglypuff and a squirtle :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I find worrying that even now at midnight I cannot connect, that implies that European servers are being used to handle US traffic, I suppose that also explains why it is so slow normally, there is a good chance you're on servers on other continents

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought Europe was being hosted on the US servers That's why there's so many problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    I thought Europe was being hosted on the US servers That's why there's so many problems.
    Whatever the case may be, it's transcontinental usage. I find that even more worrying though, not having Europe based servers given demand will likely be at least as high in the service area than in North America

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    What is the highest level on Pokemon GO?

I saw on twitter the rewards for lvl30 :rolleyes: and here I am lvl6.
    I would image there is no realistic cap, probably goes to a level at which it breaks, so depending on how it does things if we assume 32 bit then you're looking about level 2000 or 2m, not that anybody will get anywhere near that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.