[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloudinthesky)
    At my daughters school there's no mention of being allowed to see a reference and even predicted grades are a bit of a non subject
    They did indicate if you got an A* for A level maths ( done in y12) then you'd get that predicted for further maths.
    Saying that the references and processing of the application all seemed very quick though if any senior staff even glanced at the pr I'd be surprised.
    (Original post by cogito.)
    By law you can see the reference for freedom of information. Not sure if the school or UCAS charge the administrative fee tho.
    UCAS charges £10 to obtain a copy of your application, including the reference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received any sort of acknowledgement email from Uni of Glasgow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by everythingice;[url="tel:67956146")
    67956146[/url]]Psychology.
    Oo i'm applying for that, where you applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SayoniRoy)
    Anyone received any sort of acknowledgement email from Uni of Glasgow?
    A guy in my year already has an unconditional from them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrize)
    Ah great, mine was sent off yesterday, I hope to get offers soon, the wait is too long
    It depends on you grades though, my friend is predicted 4A* I had to wait 3 weeks for my first offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    A guy in my year already has an unconditional from them
    I just changed my choice from warwick to glasgow yesterday hoping for the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaaayxp)
    I'm tempted to look but then I see something like £200 for a week and don't think not eating for like the next three years is an option haha. I probably just need to look harder tbh, there are cheaper options.

My personal statement and stuff are done, I just need to pay but I'm deciding between Warwick and Southampton for one of my choices. How about you?
    £200?? Oh gosh... I don't even look at the weekly prices anymore I just look at the overall ones but that's such a scary amount. I really wanted to go to London because it's also 30 mins from my home town via train so I thought it'd be nice if I could see my parents whenever with a fair amount of ease but I'd still be far away enough.

Ooh good job! I've only written half of mine so far, just waiting to finish my EPQ until I do any more.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else applying for social policy and criminology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plum1998)
    Oo i'm applying for that, where you applying?
    Ooh yay more psychology people! I'm planning to apply to Bath, KCL, Manchester, Cardiff and Birmingham. And yourself? :biggrin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by everythingice)
    Ooh yay more psychology people! I'm planning to apply to Bath, KCL, Manchester, Cardiff and Birmingham. And yourself? :biggrin:
    yayy!! Haha, I'm applying for Edge Hill, NTU, Sheffield Hallam, Anglia Ruskin and De Montfort!

ReputationRep:
    Imperial haven't confirmed application and bath bristol Cambridge and Loughborough have

ReputationRep:
    Which unis offer full scholarships for international students? I know that Oxford does but others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellamaddiet)
    anyone else applying for social policy and criminology?
    I'm not personally but a friend of mine has! Where've you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfghjklol)
    I'm not personally but a friend of mine has! Where've you applied?
    Oh okay! Have they got any offers yet??

Im applying to Birmingham, Leeds, Bath and Nottingham, sent off my UCAS a week ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    UCAS charges £10 to obtain a copy of your application, including the reference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you we might do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beccaaaaaaaaa)
    I sent off my UCAS on the 7th of October and I'm dying to hear from my uni's:
    PPE- Oxford (confirmation email)
    Economics and politics at Bath (their track email), Bristol (no email yet), Exeter (confirmation email) and Loughborough (confirmation email)

Good luck to everyone refreshing their track every five minutes like I am :'
    I sent my application to Oxford yesterday. How long did it take you to get a confirmation email from them? Good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JellyfishThunder)
    I sent my application to Oxford yesterday. How long did it take you to get a confirmation email from them? Good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My confirmation from Oxford came two days after I sent it

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff has also sent out offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    Yeah! You are the same as me! I really was expecting an offer from Warwick today
    I think they are not going to make it today, haven't seen any other offer holders either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cogito.)
    I think they are not going to make it today, haven't seen any other offer holders either.
    I think that they might have changed their strategy of giving offers!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.