• CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)
10 minutes if you're a slow walker.

5 minutes if you're a fast walker.

it's more like 15min if you're a slow walker and 10mins if you're a fast walker.
obama2008
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
ah okay 10 mins isnt too bad i guess....does the sains in beeston sell crockery? i need to buy all by dishes at notts
philjw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes, there is a range of crockery at Sainsbury's... it's just seriously overpriced! Try and cadge a lift to Ikea where it's very very cheap! (i.e. 19p for a plate that costs £1 at Sainsbury's)
If not, Wilkinsons is fairly reasonably priced.
obama2008
Report 11 years ago
wheres the wilkinsons store mate? I won't have access to a car so need to buy everything in beeston
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
wilkinsons is near the bank about 15mins walk.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by La Trampa)
it's more like 15min if you're a slow walker and 10mins if you're a fast walker.
Naah! You would have to be crawling on all fours to get to Sainsbury's in 15 minutes!!! :shock:
EpsilonZero
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, purely based on the fact that one of you is male and the other is female. I'm guessing that Geoff has a longer stride length.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You never know, I could be four foot tall...
EpsilonZero
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
And she might be 3 feet tall.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Touché...
philjw
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, there is a Wilkinsons in The Square, Beeston, just across the road from Wetherspoons, and near the HSBC / Lloyds etc. Very easy to get to walking. There's also a much bigger one in the Broadmarsh centre which is easy to get to on the Rainbow 5 bus from Broadgate.
freakyhello
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hi,I want to complete my Nottingham online registration, but it asks for the accomodation address to send post to; I have not got an official address yet as I am staying in Halls- although I know the hall i am staying in. Is it okay to just put the hall's address or shall I just wait? Or is there a way of finding out your address at present? Thanks
philjw
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by freakyhello)
Hi,I want to complete my Nottingham online registration, but it asks for the accomodation address to send post to; I have not got an official address yet as I am staying in Halls- although I know the hall i am staying in. Is it okay to just put the hall's address or shall I just wait? Or is there a way of finding out your address at present? Thanks
I don't know - it wouldn't be the end of the world to put your hall as the address - post addressed to "Joe Bloggs, Cavendish Hall, University Park etc..." would find its way to you.
Erzan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just checked my offer and it said

Term 1: 21 Sep 2008 to 13 Dec 2008
Payable before 15 Sep 2008

But i asked for an extension to 22nd. So either that has been extended to all or just me? i emailed lynne twice now.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
CALL UP!
lynne isn't on this website, there's only so much BrenLee can tell you and there's only some much informal we can give on here.
Erzan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by La Trampa)
CALL UP!
lynne isn't on this website, there's only so much BrenLee can tell you and there's only some much informal we can give on here.
Thank you again, but i just got an email from Lynne and its all sorted. 13th of october is my new date.
zxcvbnmpoiuytrewq
Report 11 years ago
Anyone know of any flats/private hal type developments still available? I'm having trouble finding any...

otherwise does anyone know the nearest houses available?
BrenLee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by zxcvbnmpoiuytrewq)
Anyone know of any flats/private hal type developments still available? I'm having trouble finding any...

otherwise does anyone know the nearest houses available?
I don't know if any of these are available but...

Victoria Hall

The Exchange

Riverside Point

Cotton Mills

Liberty Square
zxcvbnmpoiuytrewq
Report 11 years ago
Thanks, but I've tried all of them already! No luck...

I'm settling for a shared house, unless someone comes out with a random offer.
arpeggio
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm having so much trouble paying for accommodation. My student account took ages to set up, and when I tried to set up a standing order for some reason they couldn't do it. I don't know what to do now I emailed accommodation (using the ugaccommodation address) last Monday to explain that I needed to wait for my student account to register, but didn't get a reply. After finding out today that they couldn't set up a standing order I tried ringing the accommodation office but they were shut (my fault for not ringing before 5...) and I'm now worried that I'm over a week late with my payment and don't even know how to pay now the standing order isn't working. What can I do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 30 Oct '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads