• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    I've missed the first half of tonight's episode and I don't know what's happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by you are crime)
    I've missed the first half of tonight's episode and I don't know what's happening.
    its repeated on BBC3 tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Loved this episode too, I felt it dragged in certain parts but overall it was really good. Woah at the way the Doctor punished the family too.

And I still love Henry Lloyd who played the son of the family, he just played the role so well.

ReputationRep:
    Well we never found out why John Smith gave up the happy life to be the Doctor again, which was lame. Also, i thought it a little out of character for the Doctor to give even the eviliest of villians a lifetime of torture.

ReputationRep:
    (Hardly ever post in here, but I ad to come in and mention this)

I loved the endding of this weeks one. Very dark what he did to the Family and upsetting with his girlfriend. Thought it was lovely the scene with old Timothy at the end.

ReputationRep:
    Next week looks a little like another Doctor-less episode, and it's about blinking... i'm surprised it's not written by Russell.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think that the "Journal of Impossible Things" is now owned by Mr Saxon?

It wasn't destoryed at the end and it could explain how Mr Saxon knows about the Doctor and what he is capable of.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Brilliant espisode, one of the best since the series returned. It had everything you needed for a brilliant story - good, but different idea for a story, strong likeable support characters, credibally acted and thought up villians, seriousness, suspence, scaryness, well acted by most, good affects shots to add depth, sadness, people who you want to go travelling in the TARDIS, loads more too.

Brilliant - will be going down as one of my favourites. Nice to see a darker side to the DT doctor too at the end - not really seen that much with DT so far.

Next week looks great too - can't wait

ReputationRep:
    Steven Moffat wrote 'Blink' and his other three episodes were pretty good (The Empty Child, The Doctor Dances and The Girl in the Fireplace) so I'm expecting a decent episode next week.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Sorani)
    Steven Moffat wrote 'Blink' and his other three episodes were pretty good (The Empty Child, The Doctor Dances and The Girl in the Fireplace) so I'm expecting a decent episode next week.
    They are my favourite episodes, now along with "Human Nature" and "The Family of Blood".

So yeah, I'm hoping for good things next week - though I must say, when expecting good episodes I'm usually disapointe and it's the ones which I don't think much of in the trailers which usually turn out best....

ReputationRep:
    Next week looks scary :afraid:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Hev456)
    Next week looks scary :afraid:
    Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink :evil:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hev456)
    Next week looks a little like another Doctor-less episode, and it's about blinking... i'm surprised it's not written by Russell.
    Ugh. When will they learn that episodes with significantly less Doctor in do significantly less well? They shoulda just skipped doing this one and go straight to Utopia so we get Captain Jack back.

ReputationRep:
    One thing I didn't get about this one (or was it in the first half?) was when they do like a flash back (well a flash forward really) where Timothy bumps into Martha in modern times. Why, what's the deal with this kid?!

Who's Mr Saxon?

ReputationRep:
    I think Mr. Saxon's Prime Minister by now.
    He's been in the background this series - for example, in the Lazarus Experiment, the man who tells Martha's mum something about the Doctor claims to have been sent by Mr. Saxon himself.
    And the people in Mrs. Jones' home during 42, tapping the phone, are also from Mr. Saxon.
    Mr. Saxon seems to know a lot about the Doctor, and quite possibly thinks he's a threat.

There are various theories being banded about as to who Mr. Saxon really is. Some people think he's the Master, the Doctor's old enemy - but all will be revealed in the last two episodes. If Rusty manages it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    One thing I didn't get about this one (or was it in the first half?) was when they do like a flash back (well a flash forward really) where Timothy bumps into Martha in modern times. Why, what's the deal with this kid?!

Who's Mr Saxon?
    I didn't quite get that either :confused:

ReputationRep:
    When will they learn that episodes with significantly less Doctor in do significantly less well?
    I thought Love and Monsters was quite popular?

Why, what's the deal with this kid?!
    From what I can tell, that kid was supposed to die in 1914 during the war but when he found the watch and with his psychic powers together he was able to foresee his death. When the time came around, and with the help of the watch, he was able to check the time and dodge out of the way of the explosion he was supposed to die in. He was then able to live a good long life, technically the Doctor saved him.

ReputationRep:
    i was really dissapointed by the end of that. He turns back to the docter, and they all kinda gave up after thier ship blew up.
    Wasn't as good as it could have been if you ask me!

ReputationRep:
    and they all kinda gave up after thier ship blew up
    I think they gave up because they'd lost all of their weaponry which was essentially all they had to fight with. They weren't physically strong nor did they actually have any fighting skill else they would've used it.

ReputationRep:
    o ye i soppose so. Fair point

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.