UKCAT 2008 Thread Watch

x.beth.x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jjkkll)
haha, its quite a funny image, to image in 30 or so admisssions tutor dribbling errr that made it worse!!

UKCAT is a small part, i got a low average n mine.

where u applying?, i could look in the other thread but thats long!!!
I'm not sure yet, maybe UCL, Cambridge, Nottingham, Birmingham/Keele/Cardiff/Imperial. I haven't finished looking around. What about you?
jjkkll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by x.beth.x)
I'm not sure yet, maybe UCL, Cambridge, Nottingham, Birmingham/Keele/Cardiff. What about you?

UCL
Soton
BSMS
Imperial

ahhhhh, hope they have spaces left for me after the rest of TSR get in!!!!!
Nicolish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just did UKCAT
VR 600
QR 730 ????
AR 650
DA 550

av 632.5
miss_snake
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Nicolish)
I don't know if this is allowed but does anyone want to buy my passing ukcat and bmat book 08 for a fiver?
Ill give it to you for a fiver and you'll have to live in london (preferably north)
x
crap you stole my idea...
I found the ukcat book helpful and got an average score of 710 . Selling it now. If anyone wats to buy it PM me and i'll give it to you at a cheaper price!
Nicolish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by miss_snake)
crap you stole my idea...
I found the ukcat book helpful and got an average score of 710 . Selling it now. If anyone wats to buy it PM me and i'll give it to you at a cheaper price!

ooooh theres competition!
Shuijing
Report 10 years ago
I've got my UKCAT in 11 days
And that sounds further away than it really is which is scary

Does anyone know which uni's have a cut-off point for UKCAT scores?

And in the real test then the whole test doesn't stop if you run out of time before the section is over like it does in the practice ones does it? o_o

Is it 10 points per correct answer? And what's the max score on each section?

Sorry, these probably sound like really stupid questions.
falastini...
Report 10 years ago
Booked my UKCAT for 17 sep
hope it goes well
OriginofSymmetry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Shuijing)
I've got my UKCAT in 11 days
And that sounds further away than it really is which is scary

And in the real test then the whole test doesn't stop if you run out of time before the section is over like it does in the practice ones does it? o_o

Is it 10 points per correct answer? And what's the max score on each section?

Sorry, these probably sound like really stupid questions.

There are some Uni's that do, but they will be on their requirements on their website.

No, the whole test doesn't stop, only the section you are currently working on.

And it isn't 10 points per correct answer, no-one really knows how it is marked.. it's mapped against all the other marks in it's database or something. The max. score is 900.
Shuijing
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
There are some Uni's that do, but they will be on their requirements on their website.

No, the whole test doesn't stop, only the section you are currently working on.

And it isn't 10 points per correct answer, no-one really knows how it is marked.. it's mapped against all the other marks in it's database or something. The max. score is 900.
Ok thank you! That's a relief ^.^"
* Dain Bramaged *
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey, i am stuck. does anyone else when trying to go on book a test or signn in from the ukcat site just get a screen saying that the server could not be found >?? :s
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by * Dain Bramaged *)
hey, i am stuck. does anyone else when trying to go on book a test or signn in from the ukcat site just get a screen saying that the server could not be found >?? :s

yea i think their server is down!!
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is it negatively marked, i.e. if you run out of time can you randomly click on answers??
蘋果
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Speedbird2008)
Is it negatively marked, i.e. if you run out of time can you randomly click on answers??
They say its not negatively marked.
So its best to guess if you're outta time.
MaybeMedic
Report 10 years ago
NR on the practice test has loads of information, and is hard becuase of the time limit.
how does it compare to the real test in difficultly, amount of info and timing?
are the questions more similar to the book than the practice test in difficulty and timing?
* Dain Bramaged *
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
personally i think the book is crapp...the verbal reasoning section is rubbish....
UltimateJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Shuijing)
I think Sheffield do. I read in the Daily Mail the other day about some girl who got 11 A* at GCSE, 4 A's at A-level and 1950 in the UKCAT, but got rejected by them as they have a 2000 point cut off (so 500 average).

(Get's out of this thread as medicine has nothing to do with me)
SilentGirl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FFCrusader)
My thoughts exactly :p:

Since you have done it once already, can u give me an idea of the total marks for each section?

How many marks is each answer worth in verbal reasoning?
* Dain Bramaged *
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
omg! I JUS TRIED THE QUANTITATIVE REASONING SECTION ONLINE! does anyone else find it really really really hard? is it always like that in the real test with that much to read?
badger stripes
Report 10 years ago
omg! I JUS TRIED THE QUANTITATIVE REASONING SECTION ONLINE! does anyone else find it really really really hard? is it always like that in the real test with that much to read?

lol i found it really hard till i found out u can use a calculator .... :o:
Myoclonic Jerk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was panicking like hell after doing that (the night before my exam), but the actual QR section wasn't anywhere near as bad. In fact, despite only getting about half way through the section on the website, I only had to guess the last 6-8 in the actual UKCAT and got my highest score by miles in that section.

All I'd say, therefore, is get yourself used to manipulating numbers again before you do the test (if you're anything like me, summer has made you very rusty), and don't worry too much about it.

Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.81%
No - but I will (111)
7.84%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise