Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Giroud missed key chances in both games v united, vs city at ethiad, vs chelsea at the bridge. Thats of the top of my head. We are in for a striker cos Giroud is not good enough. Im speakin about cazorla as a cam, obv dont want him out wide. Dont see how im full of ****, most people know Giroud is a bigger problem than santi.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aguero, Suarez, Sturridge have all missed some absolute sitters Aguero probably did the miss of the season on the final day do they need replacing as well? Giroud had one miss from a corner vs utd van persie missed a 1on1 and a point blank header does he need replacing as well? The chances vs chelsea were hardly clear cut were they Willian missed a chance just as good at the emirates does he need replacing? He only needed to score 7 goals at the bridge to dig us out of that one.

You're a frustrating man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    Aguero, Suarez, Sturridge have all missed some absolute sitters Aguero probably did the miss of the season on the final day do they need replacing as well? Giroud had one miss from a corner vs utd van persie missed a 1on1 and a point blank header does he need replacing as well? The chances vs chelsea were hardly clear cut were they Willian missed a chance just as good at the emirates does he need replacing? He only needed to score 7 goals at the bridge to dig us out of that one.

You're a frustrating man
    SAS and Aguero are much better than Giroud. Big game players. Rvp inspired united to the title scoring vs big and small teams. The chance at the bridge was at 0-0, he bottled it tho. But cazorla the man instrumental in us ending a 9 year drought is a bigger problem? Glad you aren't our manger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    SAS and Aguero are much better than Giroud. Big game players. Rvp inspired united to the title scoring vs big and small teams. The chance at the bridge was at 0-0, he bottled it tho. But cazorla the man instrumental in us ending a 9 year drought is a bigger problem? Glad you aren't our manger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He didn't bottle is cech saved it it's what keepers do. Don't want to reply to you anymore though as it's clear you lack any sort of football knowledge you keep bringing up cazorla in the FA cup when he's bin **** all season while conveniently forgetting girouds assist to Ramsey for the winner. You've got your own bias for unknown reasons though and until I get a full apology in PM from you and you denounce yourself and all of your sub-human, cave man like ideologies we won't be speaking anymore.

ReputationRep:
    He didn't bottle is cech saved it it's what keepers do. Don't want to reply to you anymore though as it's clear you lack any sort of football knowledge you keep bringing up cazorla in the FA cup when he's bin **** all season while conveniently forgetting girouds assist to Ramsey for the winner. You've got your own bias for unknown reasons though and until I get a full apology in PM from you and you denounce yourself and all of your sub-human, cave man like ideologies we won't be speaking anymore.
    What a child. Throwing a tantrum because I don't agree with you. Yes fair play to Giroud for the backheel, but santi was immense in previous rounds and got us back into the final. Giroud is good as a backup striker but we need an upgrade on him and we definitely need to keep santi.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Arsenal players according to opposition fans

Szcz- Overrated

Sagna- Good
    Mertesacker- Good/ borderline Overrated
    Kosc- Good/ borderline Overrated
    Gibbs- Decent/ Overrated

Flamini- Decent
    Ramsey- Excellent
    Wilshere- Overrated

Cazorla- Overrated
    Ozil- Overrated?/Jury still out?
    Walcott- Decent
    Rosicky- Decent

Giroud- Overrated

We overrated a decent chunk of our starting XI according to most opposition fans. Only finished 3 points behind Chelsea and people think the world of their players only positive things to say. Don't really care for their opinion as they clearly have a harsher barometer for our players than for their clubs and just love ****ting on arsenal players.

Saying that, I wouldn't hold a vigil if Santi is sold to make way for Cesc/ Vela/ Grizz.

Mata getting 20 goals and 35 assists in 11/12 is what ud call world class not this ****
    So much accuracy from a stats man.

(Original post by AR_95)
    Cazorla isn't a bad player just been off form this season I guess but he isn't excellent or one of the top AMs in the world which people are saying

You can't really fit him what with the team revolving around Ozil now and putting him on the left is just making things worse for both him and the team

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't get why people keep saying this. His best work the previous season came from the left. Santi is absolutely pants in the middle. With Malaga and Villareal he played mainly on the wing. He's always made his money playing on the wing which isn't surprising because his strongest points- his ambidexterity and quick feet- are suited to wing plays.

In the middle all that happens is he gets passed on to the next defender and moves laterally from one wing to another. Whilst on the wing, there's vertical progression most of the time.

Wonder what the evidence that he's good through the middle comes from.

ReputationRep:

You're a frustrating man
    Are you saying Giroud should be our main striker next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On the wing at Malaga and at Villareal they played 4-2-2-2, it's a different system to what Arsenal play, which actually requires the use of a real winger.

Finally, I don't like slating butty, but Mata got 20 goals and 35 assists in the 12/13 season. In the 11/12 season he got 12 goals and 20 assists iirc. Still a very good tally for sure.

Also said at the start of the season there is little difference in ability between Mata and Ozil, still retain that point. Anybody disagree now and still thinks Ozil is the saviour of mankind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    On the wing at Malaga and at Villareal they played 4-2-2-2, it's a different system to what Arsenal play, which actually requires the use of a real winger.
    Exact reason I say we would do better with Pedro than Sanchez. But a lot of people think otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    Exact reason I say we would do better with Pedro than Sanchez. But a lot of people think otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why? Doesn't make sense, They both play on the wing, even if Sanchez prefers a central role at Barca he's done a very good job at the wing, they play a similar system to you guys, well the most similar to you guys if we were to compare the leagues I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I really like Santi I hope we don't make him into another Arshavin. Andrey started off well and then just went on a downwards spiral.

ReputationRep:

Finally, I don't like slating butty, but Mata got 20 goals and 35 assists in the 12/13 season. In the 11/12 season he got 12 goals and 20 assists iirc. Still a very good tally for sure.

Also said at the start of the season there is little difference in ability between Mata and Ozil, still retain that point. Anybody disagree now and still thinks Ozil is the saviour of mankind?
    Is this the evidence that I'm missing that makes Santi more suited to playing in the middle than on the wing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Is this the evidence that I'm missing that makes Santi more suited to playing in the middle than on the wing?
    Because 4-2-2-2 is a different system to a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, the players are more narrow, so in reality he's playing in a no.10 position with a little bit of wing work, most of the wing work requires the fullback pushing forward and him laying it off to them to put in a cross, that's what Silva does, that's what Nasri does.

Want to ask you a question wrt Silva, would you say he's more suited to the wing than the middle when he's generally been playing in a 4-2-2-2 as a wide AM? Or Mata, who has played on the wing for Chelsea, Valencia and at United so can be compared.

ReputationRep:
    Because 4-2-2-2 is a different system to a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, the players are more narrow, so in reality he's playing in a no.10 position with a little bit of wing work, most of the wing work requires the fullback pushing forward and him laying it off to them to put in a cross, that's what Silva does, that's what Nasri does.

Want to ask you a question wrt Silva, would you say he's more suited to the wing than the middle when he's generally been playing in a 4-2-2-2 as a wide AM? Or Mata, who has played on the wing for Chelsea, Valencia and at United so can be compared.
    Or you could say that both team played 4-4-2. Formations aren't as rigid as people like to think. He played mainly towards the touch line for those teams than through the middle like he does for us- lets put it that way.You think we play a heavy wing system that's atypical of 4-2-3-1? You'd play Cazorla in the middle?

Both can play either role well :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Or you could say that both team played 4-4-2. Formations aren't as rigid as people like to think. He played mainly towards the touch line for those teams than through the middle like he does for us- lets put it that way.You think we play a heavy wing system that's atypical of 4-2-3-1? You'd play Cazorla in the middle?

Both can play either role well :dontknow:
    I know formations aren't rigid, but I remember in Pellegrini's time at Villareal he said that he rarely ever used to play with natural wingers when he used Cazorla. I remember him specifically saying that in an tactics video a few years back when he was manager of Real Madrid. They used to play 4-2-2-2 at Villareal and Real Madrid as well which isn't a surprise.

I disagree, Mata and Silva look much more comfortable in the no.10 position, Mata especially.

ReputationRep:
    Were not really supposed to be having two play makers at the same time what I'm saying is Ozil needs real pacey wingers beside him but instead he usually finds Podolski or Cazorla both which don't have much pace just good finishing which is why we struggle to break defences.

Cazorla should be a rotation for Ozil. They haven't worked the best side by side tbh, if we buy Vela/Griezeman id rather have one of the two with Walcott on the wings instead of Cazorla.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Were not really supposed to be having two play makers at the same time what I'm saying is Ozil needs real pacey wingers beside him but instead he usually finds Podolski or Cazorla both which don't have much pace just good finishing which is why we struggle to break defences.

Cazorla should be a rotation for Ozil. They haven't worked the best side by side tbh, if we buy Vela/Griezeman id rather have one of the two with Walcott on the wings instead of Cazorla.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Santi Cazorla should be used in small games tbh, lacks the mentality and power to perform at the required level in important domestic matches. Cant afford to carry 2 luxury players in Santi and Ozil, need someone on the wing who's going to run his lungs out. Maybe if we had Ramsey and Diaby at CM then we'd be able to carry both, but it's far from ideal.

Podolski actually has pretty good acceleration, he just seems to be quite lazy alot of the time. His stamina levels are also pretty shocking over 90m, which is why he looks a much better player off the bench for 20m most of the time.

I suspect Poldi is going to have a brilliant WC however, and if we were a bit cheeky we could probably fling him onto the market for £15m to the likes of Monaco, Milan, Inter etc based off that.

I would prefer if Vela was a squad option to begin with. As things stand, I'd go with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain at LW. He's improved steadily over the last 2 years and I think an extended run in the first team could see him really take off next season.

ReputationRep:
    I think the reason cazorla hasn't been so good this season is because he had been Injured at the start of the season and probably didnt have much time to recover so was playing with niggles?

I reckon Walcott would work better on the left in terms of him being able to cut in on his right and shoot towards the larger side of the goal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the big games, the only games we dropped points when Ozil and Santi played together was away to Stoke away and Everton at home. The 2 of them are an important part of us been what we were best at been last season but still, they can't play together people say.

If Santi does play through the middle, people will then complain about Arsene playing him out of position.

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 meltdown

ReputationRep:
    Ok everybody stay clam, this is a test. Nobody rage.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.