Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Have you tried putting a headphone in one of your ears and playing some music? That can sometimes help with voices. Also one thing I do sometimes is tell the voice I don't want to speak to them now but I will later. Sounds a bit weird but it worked for me :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Music does help from time to time but I can't listen to it much due to the headache I've got (side effect of Quetiapine).

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Tight chest.

ReputationRep:
    rant/
    Spoiler:
    Show
    surely it should be illegal for landlords to refuse housing benefit? if that's not discrimination then wtf is? not like we can only get it temporarily either, I get it from my ESA/DLA which are both long term benefits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)

It's okay, it's the thought that counts :yep:

:hugs: you can do this!
    thank you

---------

feel so ill

ReputationRep:
    Had a great therapy session. Had a breakthrough by myself Friday night, but today we really went deep into what it was about. Feel very positive on that front.

So that was great - but on the other hand, I'm quite frankly fed up with people not saying what they mean and / or saying things they don't mean. It is messing with my head.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Woo college is over just one more week to go and two weeks till exams then hopefully I should get the grades I need

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Food
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Parents gone out for a meal and I said I was just going to revise and have a microwave meal. I opened a meal so I could keep the packaging out so they would think I'd actually eaten but binned the meal itself. Not sure what's worse, the guilt from wasting food/money or the guilt I would have felt from actually eating it. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    TW sexual abuse

Spoiler:
    Show
    was on the bus home earlier and it had loads of school kids on, and a load of the lads were joking that someone had been raped and its all i could hear and i really hope it wasnt true, but also cant help how sick it is to joke that someone had been raped.

Tempted to email the school and let them know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    TW sexual abuse
    Spoiler:
    Show
    was on the bus home earlier and it had loads of school kids on, and a load of the lads were joking that someone had been raped and its all i could hear and i really hope it wasnt true, but also cant help how sick it is to joke that someone had been raped.

Tempted to email the school and let them know

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *offers safety blanket* maybe it's better to be safe than sorry honey and I know it's hard to hear people joke about that I understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellokittymad)
    *offers safety blanket* maybe it's better to be safe than sorry honey and I know it's hard to hear people joke about that I understand
    Just dont know how to word it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just dont know how to word it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    want to PM me? Im not sure how much use i'll be but i'll give it my best shot

ReputationRep:
    want to PM me? Im not sure how much use i'll be but i'll give it my best shot
    Iv sent something to the school

Spoiler:
    Show

Hello,

I was on the XXX First bus at 3.50pm on 19/05/15 from XXX Town Hall to XXX, and a group of young males from XXX School were already on the bus, and got off in XXX.

These young males were joking and laughing about somebody being raped, im not sure if something had been mentioned in school, but i felt this was not an acceptable topic to be joking and laughing about due to the severity of the topic.

Yours

PandaWho

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    All I can do I give you a massive hug or two, so here: :jumphug: :penguinhug: I'm sorry that the voices came back.
    Thanks. Seeing my psychologist tomorrow so gonna bring things up with her and hopefully she can help in some way.

Sorry to hear your's are still bugging you. :console: Like bullettheory I found listening to music through one ear sometimes helps, though I guess not good with the headache. When are you going back to your psychiatrist? I'd say it's definitely worth mentioning the unpleasant side effects you're getting to him/her; if they persist too long or become un-handle-able (yeah...I forgot the right word ) it might be worth trying a different antipsychotic.

ReputationRep:
    Iv sent something to the school
    Spoiler:
    Show

Hello,

I was on the XXX First bus at 3.50pm on 19/05/15 from XXX Town Hall to XXX, and a group of young males from XXX School were already on the bus, and got off in XXX.

These young males were joking and laughing about somebody being raped, im not sure if something had been mentioned in school, but i felt this was not an acceptable topic to be joking and laughing about due to the severity of the topic.

Yours

PandaWho

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that's really good lovely (: I'm proud of you xx

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Thanks. Seeing my psychologist tomorrow so gonna bring things up with her and hopefully she can help in some way.

Sorry to hear your's are still bugging you. :console: Like bullettheory I found listening to music through one ear sometimes helps, though I guess not good with the headache. When are you going back to your psychiatrist? I'd say it's definitely worth mentioning the unpleasant side effects you're getting to him/her; if they persist too long or become un-handle-able (yeah...I forgot the right word ) it might be worth trying a different antipsychotic.
    Definitely talk to your psychiatrist.

Friday, 2pm. They are also getting my daddy in because he doesn't really know about the voices and I find it hard to explain. The headache is bugging me because I'm in the middle of exams - I have history tomorrow and I should be done revising for the night but I'm not because I'm behind due to the headache.

ReputationRep:
    that's really good lovely (: I'm proud of you xx
    Thanks, as soon as i heard it all i just froze and wanted to get off the bus, if i wasnt with my boyfriend i would have got of and waited for the next bus

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    Definitely talk to your psychiatrist.

Friday, 2pm. They are also getting my daddy in because he doesn't really know about the voices and I find it hard to explain. The headache is bugging me because I'm in the middle of exams - I have history tomorrow and I should be done revising for the night but I'm not because I'm behind due to the headache.
    Does your school know that you just started a new medication? It's understandably difficult to concentrate on revision with a severe headache or the tiredness or other side effects of Q - not to mention the difficulty of trying to do work while hearing voices.

Sounds like a good idea to get them to explain to your dad. I found it difficult to explain things to my mother so I got a CPN to do it for me

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    im pretty sure someone is taking my thoughts and its getting so frustrating because i need to do work. im so scared of failing. cant stop having panic attacks about it but i cant concentrate and everything is just disjointed and i cant do it. :cry: so frustrated

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Does your school know that you just started a new medication? It's understandably difficult to concentrate on revision with a severe headache or the tiredness or other side effects of Q - not to mention the difficulty of trying to do work while hearing voices.

Sounds like a good idea to get them to explain to your dad. I found it difficult to explain things to my mother so I got a CPN to do it for me
    My school know, and I'm getting rest breaks during my exams, but they are important - A2 exams to get me into university. It's frustrating because the illnesses are winning right now and impacting on my revision.

It was hard enough telling him I was referred, so I'll leave it to the professionals!

ReputationRep:
    feel awful :cry:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.