Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have nothing but respect for this man. He may very well be playing his final game tomorrow, and I hope to god he starts. He has been with us for a very long time. Even through his injuries, which heavily effected his career, he has remained loyal to this club and has a sincere respect for the fans. A player like Rosicky comes once in a lifetime and he's a legend in my books. Absolute class and I wish him all the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqkseN3wNQE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyJeJ8bXMT8

ReputationRep:
    Flamini leaving Arsenal makes today the greatest day in our club's history.

ReputationRep:
    Wow...

ReputationRep:
    Funny how the "fraud" Cech has the same number of PL(?) clean sheets as David De Gea this season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Funny how the "fraud" Cech has the same number of PL(?) clean sheets as David De Gea this season
    In fairness, your defence isn't retarded like United's is.

DDG spends most of his time bailing them out whereas Cech spends his time making silly mistakes he would never have made at Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people still use clean sheets as a means to compare goal keepers?

There's no doubt DDG is better than Cech by a margin. Cech has got beaten at his near post far too many times this season. Committed to silly errors also.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Hence the reason why the "Golden Glove" award should not be based on clean sheets. A crap goalkeeper who lets in 6 every other game could still win it...

ReputationRep:
    ^ Hence the reason why the "Golden Glove" award should not be based on clean sheets. A crap goalkeeper who lets in 6 every other game could still win it...
    It should be down on contribution to the team.

DDG may not have more clean sheets than Cech but we can all say for sure he's saved United significantly more points.

ReputationRep:
    I guess critical saves(clear cut chances), percentage of goals conceded per shot on target, percentage of errors leading to goals, percentage of passes completed(type of passes) etc. should all be factored in but as people are lazy and they just wanted a thing for goalkeepers so they don't get left out of the awards ceremony they just do this.

ReputationRep:
    Team news: Coquelin and Cazorla start together for the first time since November. Wilshere playing RW it seems. Arteta on the bench. So we won't be giving Rosicky or Flamini a proper send-off.

Walcott's left out of the squad, so I guess he's moving out next season too. How much can we sell him for?

ReputationRep:
    Shame about Rosicky tbh. Will be sad to see Walcott leave as well after so many years but it's the right move. Think we can get around 12-20m for him depending on the buyer.

ReputationRep:
    THEO'S ****ING OFFFFFFFF

SAYONARAAAAAA:party::yay::woo:

Huge statement by Wenger, considering we wont see Welbeck till March!!

scenes when we dont sign a striker, and Wenger claims Chuba and Sanogo are like new signings

ReputationRep:
    I cannot understand why we're not seeing Rosicky get his last game.
    We've seen him in training and playing for the U21, so injury isn't even a question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel 96)
    I cannot understand why we're not seeing Rosicky get his last game.
    We've seen him in training and playing for the U21, so injury isn't even a question.
    must be injured again.

ReputationRep:
    Super OG. He's staying lol

(Ah but the last time he scored this early against Villa, we went on to lose...)

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh Newcastle have scored. Still all to play for though

ReputationRep:
    Yessssss Newcastle 1-0. Hope they manage to not be sh*t for once. Also lmao at Villa fans celebrating Giroud's goal. Good to see they've maintained a sense of humour.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao , St Totteringhams day may just be late this year

ReputationRep:
    Walcott is so **** tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Now Spurs must hope Villa score

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.