?
Report 8 years ago
Bored!
TheNihilist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Since no one had posted here for a long time, I'm guessing people can sleep at night now?
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Aha, I haven't really been posting on here at all for a while, busy with uni and work and all the rest of reality
Ethereal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was awake til 6 am last night
TheNihilist
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by small&mighty)
Aha, I haven't really been posting on here at all for a while, busy with uni and work and all the rest of reality
Same reason for me too. :yep: Got class test in 3-4 weeks time, as well as catching up work to do.
Dexter1865
Report 8 years ago
Is 10.30 too late to do a load of washing? Popular opinion in my house suggests that it is.

Apparently 11.25 is too late to put a washing machine full of clothes onto the airer too. Who knew :p:

I've had some terrible nights sleep recently. I didn't sleep a wink on Sunday!
Ethereal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Dexter1865)
Is 10.30 too late to do a load of washing? Popular opinion in my house suggests that it is.

Apparently 11.25 is too late to put a washing machine full of clothes onto the airer too. Who knew :p:

I've had some terrible nights sleep recently. I didn't sleep a wink on Sunday!

It is if it keeps normal people awake, yes!
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I may end up posting here a lot as I think I've just fallen back into a cycle of not being able to sleep again due to health issues. Finally going to the hospital on Friday but I dunno that they're gonna be able to do anything. I have a lecture and an exam tomorrow so some sleep would be nice
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TheNihilist)
Same reason for me too. :yep: Got class test in 3-4 weeks time, as well as catching up work to do.
Ah good luck I'm sure you won't need it though! I've got so much uni work to do, but I've been at uni during the day, then at work in the evenings, so by the time I do get a chance to do anything, I can't be bothered! But that's what reading week next week is for right? Catching up on everything and trying to sort out my dissertation? :yep: :p:
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hannah_dru)
I may end up posting here a lot as I think I've just fallen back into a cycle of not being able to sleep again due to health issues. Finally going to the hospital on Friday but I dunno that they're gonna be able to do anything. I have a lecture and an exam tomorrow so some sleep would be nice
Aww hopefully the hospital will be able to do something for you! And I hope the lecture and exam was okay today .
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Aww hopefully the hospital will be able to do something for you! And I hope the lecture and exam was okay today .
Thanks I hope so but I think they're either gonna tell me I'm making it up or they won't be the right department. The lecture was ok but I did very badly in the exam. Thinking about taking time out or leaving uni now.
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thanks I hope so but I think they're either gonna tell me I'm making it up or they won't be the right department. The lecture was ok but I did very badly in the exam. Thinking about taking time out or leaving uni now.
Surely they can't tell you you're making it up? If they do just be firm with them, it's not fair for them to turn you away! Aw I'm sorry about the exam, it could be an idea to take some time out if it's affecting you though, but don't leave altogether! What course are you doing?
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Surely they can't tell you you're making it up? If they do just be firm with them, it's not fair for them to turn you away! Aw I'm sorry about the exam, it could be an idea to take some time out if it's affecting you though, but don't leave altogether! What course are you doing?
I've had a doctor and one lecturer tell me that so far. That's my plan though cos I really do need help. Not really sure how taking time out works, trying to look for info on that. I'm doing German & Translation.
TheNihilist
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ah good luck I'm sure you won't need it though! I've got so much uni work to do, but I've been at uni during the day, then at work in the evenings, so by the time I do get a chance to do anything, I can't be bothered! But that's what reading week next week is for right? Catching up on everything and trying to sort out my dissertation? :yep: :p:
Oh, you work as well? I could not juggle both uni and work at the time, lol! Lucky you have reading week, everyone else at my uni gets the week off, except for the people in the maths dep.
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've had a doctor and one lecturer tell me that so far. That's my plan though cos I really do need help. Not really sure how taking time out works, trying to look for info on that. I'm doing German & Translation.
Aww that's not good. But definitely be firm with them and not take no for an answer. There's been a few people on my course who have taken time out so you should be able to do it, guess it just depends how it'll work with your course/uni.

(Original post by TheNihilist)
Oh, you work as well? I could not juggle both uni and work at the time, lol! Lucky you have reading week, everyone else at my uni gets the week off, except for the people in the maths dep.
I do sadly, I've managed with it through sixth form and two years of uni so I'm sure I'll cope this year too (she says!). Yeah I'm so glad I've got reading week, I've got all the proposals to sort out and stuff for my assignments so I'm gonna get sorted with everything hopefully!
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Aww that's not good. But definitely be firm with them and not take no for an answer. There's been a few people on my course who have taken time out so you should be able to do it, guess it just depends how it'll work with your course/uni.
I think I'm probably not going to now unless I have to because of the inconvenience with money and the lack of treatment. I had a chat with one of my lecturers and she said that it would be better to just get a degree than push myself mentally and physically by worrying about specific grades. Unfortunately there wasn't anything else I could do at the hospital today and they sent me away saying it's probably hypersensitive hearing. The only treatment they offered was what I'm already doing and what I get now is better than on the NHS although it costs a lot. I'm going back to the doctor to talk about safer pills though because I've basically been condemned as an eternal insomniac and have been left subject to liver disease. Will also look at seeing a chiropractor.
secretmessages
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
Hey guys

We're looking for someone to take over leadership of the Insomniacs Society as the current leader hasn't been around in a while. There can only be one leader but a few deputies (not that they can do much at the moment), so if you could sort it out amongst yourselves then that'd be very helpful. Any takers?
Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by secretmessages)
Hey guys

We're looking for someone to take over leadership of the Insomniacs Society as the current leader hasn't been around in a while. There can only be one leader but a few deputies (not that they can do much at the moment), so if you could sort it out amongst yourselves then that'd be very helpful. Any takers?
I don't mind doing it if no one else is up for it. I haven't posted here for a while though, I've been lurking :lurk:
secretmessages
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by steffi.alexa)
I don't mind doing it if no one else is up for it. I haven't posted here for a while though, I've been lurking :lurk:
I'll set you up now then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (249)
38.97%
No - but I will (44)
6.89%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.36%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (299)
46.79%

Watched Threads