Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Omg... All his predicted grades?! That's so cool for him... Unless of course his illness is serious. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    awww - that happened to my friend too though she decided to take a year out in order to recover and resit GCSE's somewhere else; despite having average predicted grades
    ABBBBCCC I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    I'd say that's so cool, but having surgery though! And it might have bad consequences when he gets to A-Levels
    I feel sorry for him because he has to have surgery but his predicted grades are all like A*-B, and he wouldn't even get them if he did the exams because he puts no effort into subjects, especially french where he is predicted an A!

Oh and it surgery on his legs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Haha my school has given us cards already so we can log on and find out our results online the day before results day. -_- We haven't even done the exams yet.

Haha prefect was the best thing that happened to me! Except for lunch duty every week. -_- You get to meet all these cool visitors that come to your school - this years prefects met Camilla.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's the point of results day except to find out your results from other exam boards then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinawe)
    My "predicted grades" were based off my mock grades, so I guess you could say it's essentially the same thing?

I would have been happy with my predicted grades too... my predicted grades were (slightly) better than my real grades :lol: but people do get underpredicted sometimes, so it would suck if that happened to him!
    Well, my teachers predicted us grades higher/lower too depending on what they think we will genuinely get.
    For example; I was ill on the day of one exam in Classics and got a D in that but A*'s in the others so my teacher predicted me an A* overall despite that not being my average - he even found out after doing my prediction I was ill,
    And in Geography my friend got an A* for the human exam and a U for skills (virtually everybody failed skills since we didn't revise/practise at all ) and her prediction was a B

What subjects did you get lower than expected?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    Yeah, it really can change depending on the situation and the illness.
    I'm sorry you know so many people who are ill!
    May I ask, what was your surgery for?
    ahh that's ok! Just friends, etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    What's the point of results day except to find out your results from other exam boards then.
    Haha what makes you think I'll check mg results. I will prolong it for as long as possible. What annoys me is that schools and teachers know your grades before you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, my teachers predicted us grades higher/lower too depending on what they think we will genuinely get.
    For example; I was ill on the day of one exam in Classics and got a D in that but A*'s in the others so my teacher predicted me an A* overall despite that not being my average - he even found out after doing my prediction I was ill,
    And in Geography my friend got an A* for the human exam and a U for skills (virtually everybody failed skills since we didn't revise/practise at all ) and her prediction was a B

What subjects did you get lower than expected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just Bio (predicted A* achieved A). I really messed up that exam mine were IGCSEs which are linear, so mess up one paper and you're pretty much done for! Can't say I was too disappointed though, I don't really care for Bio at all.

ReputationRep:
    May I ask, what was your surgery for?
    ahh that's ok! Just friends, etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was for my arm, I had three in total for it. I also had two when I was a baby! So far my count is five!

ReputationRep:
    The time I visited Edinburgh? Did I tell you about that... or have you been stalking me? :sly:

But yes, it was that same time

ikr... I'm thin enough already as it is, half hour bike rides everyday and I'll be skinny enough to make Kate Moss jealous :rolleyes:
    No, you told me

Hahaha! xD Bro, do you even lift?

ReputationRep:
    Just Bio (predicted A* achieved A). I really messed up that exam mine were IGCSEs which are linear, so mess up one paper and you're pretty much done for! Can't say I was too disappointed though, I don't really care for Bio at all.
    I'm doing IGCSE's too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felix Felicis)
    No, you told me

Hahaha! xD Bro, do you even lift?
    hah! I tried going to the gym a few times, but never really kept up a proper routine so it was obviously ineffective.

I finish all my A-levels except Additional Further Maths in January though (international student so still have Jan exams ), so I'll have about half a year of nothing to do besides AFM and STEP prep. I'll probably try and get back into it then. So half a year of just maths and lifting :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing IGCSE's too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah cool, what exam board? Mine were CIE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Haha what makes you think I'll check mg results. I will prolong it for as long as possible. What annoys me is that schools and teachers know your grades before you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well my school are quite dramatic over our results. My sister got mostly B's yet the head teacher still got really happy and said to her 'you can get into any college with these results!'

Turns out she got into none she wanted. :rolleyes: Anyway good luck with all your exams and results for those you've done.

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool, what exam board? Mine were CIE.
    Edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had my Latin exam today, only 7 left now !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bromaldehyde)
    Had my Latin exam today, only 7 left now !
    Lucky... I just had my spanish oral and now I have 19 to go!

ReputationRep:
    When's everyone's first exam? Mine's on the 13th for Religion (Edexcel) D: I haven't even started revising yet! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Geography teacher told me that my ca is at borderline grade boundary so I should hope that the grades don't increase - if they do I'll drop a grade (for ca) but she's refusing to tell me my grade (said it to 3 others too)
    All I know is that:
    7 people got A*'s
    2 A's
    4 B's
    0 C's
    1 D
    1 E

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulpscully)
    When's everyone's first exam? Mine's on the 13th for Religion (Edexcel) D: I haven't even started revising yet! :eek:
    Same... Doing Edexcel RS too (13th May )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzan)
    Lucky... I just had my spanish oral and now I have 19 to go!
    Yh quite a few people in my school have 19... I've only got 14

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulpscully)
    13th May - French reading and listening!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.