Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    In other news, what's fairly interesting is that various sources are saying that we think Sagna is ready to be centre back so we are looking for a right back to take his place.
    Sagna did very well when he played as CB, so why not! Are there any good RBs left on the market? He doesn't have to be a world class but decent enough to do the job.

When Verminator is back from injury I'd say we should pair him with Sagna and see what that gives brings us It might give us the same result as the Kos/Mert pairing or a total disaster, who knows. Nevertheless, it'd be very exciting to watch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    Corchia would be good
    Is he actually good(not just FM good)? Also what is his nationality? I'm sure he's ellegible for france and italy too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Is he actually good(not just FM good)? Also what is his nationality? I'm sure he's ellegible for france and italy too.
    FM is ridiculously realistic when it comes to player ratings, so if it says he is good on there then he is definitely good! FM is not Fifa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetropolisBoy)
    FM is ridiculously realistic when it comes to player ratings, so if it says he is good on there then he is definitely good! FM is not arcade.
    I know this works for the most part wrt foreign players. I don't need a lecture in FM :rofl:

But I'd also remind you that torres' finishing in FM12(after the initial poor form at chelsea) was 16, his pace was 16, his dribbling the same and others, when if you clearly watched him on the pitch his stats were nowhere near accurate to his performances that season. Could find other examples, smallings pace being 9 when he first came to man united in FM11 and being an absolute terrible defender but I'm not going to bore everyone with FM knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    David Ornstein: Understand #afc did not make offer for Higuain. Agreed personal terms but put deal on hold to prioritise Suarez, Napoli pounced #bbcfootball

I think you guys should have just bit the bullet and went for Higuain...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No way. Higuain is so overrated...

...he doesn't have the skill to make an impact in the premier league. There's a reason Real were willing to let him go. They rate some young unknown Spanish striker higher than him...

From watching him in the Emirates Cup he doesn't have the ability to break defences in the premier league. Koscielny completely owned him. No way is he worth £34m...no where near that much. I'd probably say £18m is a fair price for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)

...he doesn't have the skill to make an impact in the premier league. There's a reason Real were willing to let him go. They rate some young unknown Spanish striker higher than him...

From watching him in the Emirates Cup he doesn't have the ability to break defences in the premier league. Koscielny completely owned him. No way is he worth £34m...no where near that much. I'd probably say £18m is a fair price for him.
    I want Higauin, whp's record has improved season on season at Madrid despite not having much game time. £33m on Higuain> £45-50m for Suarez.

okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    'had Wenger made his move earlier on it could have attracted the attention of clubs like PSG, Monaco, City, Juventus and Napoli who were all on the hunt for a striker, but have since signed players.'

If any of those cash rich clubs had wanted Suarez (and there is obviously no doubt that he was on their radar), they would have moved for him. To say that Wenger didn't move for him in an effort to keep things quiet is stupid. Every single person in European football knows he is a top striker, if they had wanted him, they would have gone for him. As it turns out, all of those clubs identified a better fit for their club and went for him in stead. As for your follow-up argument about jolting them into action, what are you talking about son? These clubs have money to burn, to BURN, if they wanted a player, they would pursue him mercilessly, they do not need jolting into action - they know these things already, some of it is common sense and some of it would be insider/industry knowledge. You say 'they'd know Liverpool would be more inclined to sell abroad/sell quickly', none of that would require a move from Arsenal jolting them into action. They know who they want to buy and they would go after him. Honestly cannot believe you are trying to argue this.
    You're saying this with the hindsight of knowing none of these other clubs did go for Suarez. Wenger didn't know they wouldn't, no one did. Say these other clubs were interested in Suarez, PSG for example. Arsenal bid on Suarez, PSG want Suarez, so they outbid Arsenal straight away and hijack the deal. Obviously this wasn't what ended up happening as PSG went for Cavani, but Wenger didn't know this. And as I said in my last post, with more desirable destinations for him available from Liverpool's perspective they'd be more inclined to accept a transfer request which would attract the attention of other clubs. By waiting, all these other potential suitors for Suarez have disappeared leaving Arsenal as his only option, what's not to understand?

As for Wenger has clearly waited for a reason, well, here's the reason for you: your mate Arsene has a holiday, just like everyone else, and is not perfect, like everyone else. His opinion on transfers would change on a weekly basis and missing out on other targets behind the scenes could well prompt a change in the pursuit of a player that is more public. Why have Madrid waited till the last week to get their Bale chase ramped up? Why did Arsenal only sell van Persie last summer? The reality is, no-one really knows much about what's going on behind the scenes...
    I agree AW should have probably moved earlier, my entire point was that waiting until later in the transfer window has it's positives too. And as I've already said, I'm not an Arsenal fan nor am I defending Wenger particularly, as you said "no-one really knows much about what's going on behind the scenes" and yet people still fall over themselves in their haste to criticise Wenger for not acting on Suarez faster (or declare his reason for waiting was him going on holiday...), when there are reasons to wait.

ReputationRep:

You watched him in 45 mins of one match and you're saying he's overrated :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    okay
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    is Flamini really training with us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    is Flamini really training with us?
    Yeah but it's only to keep his fitness up. Nothing else. it's like what Beckham did a few months ago

ReputationRep:
    It's arsenal fans like noone29 that give us a bad name

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but it's only to keep his fitness up. Nothing else. it's like what Beckham did a few months ago
    Does he not have a club?
    Worth a punt or not?

ReputationRep:
    Wtf, why is Wenger letting a judas train with us. His loyalty to these pricks is sometimes :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    We need Squad players and frankly hes got a Nasty side to him which is what we need.

Sign him up on 30k a week

ReputationRep:
    I think people forget that Higuain's price would have been driven higher than £35 million (with addons) when Napoli and us started a bidding war. Much better to avoid spending so much on a striker with a 1:10 goal/game ratio in the CL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *******1)
    I think people forget that Higuain's price would have been driven higher than £35 million (with addons) when Napoli and us started a bidding war. Much better to avoid spending so much on a striker with a 1:10 goal/game ratio in the CL.
    You were all but signed for him. Like with mata. That's a poor excuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    okay
    Well played. :rofl2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yeah it's pretty obvious that we could have had him tied up at that point, which I'm assuming we didn't because Wenger then decided Suarez was a better option.

It's likely that Suarez's agent was putting the word out that Suarez had a 40mil release clause so Wenger probably pulled out of the Higuain deal thinking that Suarez was a pretty much dead cert signing.

ReputationRep:
    It's not an excuse, it's an opinion.

We'd agreed personal terms with him, yes, but had we agreed a fee with Real?

Furthermore, is Higuain worth upwards of £35 million to us? In my eyes, all evidence points to the fact that he isn't that good.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.