Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cluck)
    How do we apply for these things, is it too late? And are they the Oxford equivalent of the Cambridge subject masterclasses or something else?
    Not really sure what they are but applied anyway haha must be decent and I got sent an email by my school with details on how to apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Not really sure what they are but applied anyway haha must be decent and I got sent an email by my school with details on how to apply.
    That's my experience with the Cambridge ones hopefully we won't be disappointed!

ReputationRep:
    I got 14 out of 15 in my chemistry qualitative test on titratration

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nocoolusername)
    I got 14 out of 15 in my chemistry qualitative test on titratration

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats

We can't do any of our coursework until next year now, science block got the flood water the worst and no practicals or lessons can take place in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cluck)
    That's my experience with the Cambridge ones hopefully we won't be disappointed!
    I'll probably go for the Cambridge one aswell. I'm looking at it now, do you just book it then or do you have to be selected?

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably go for the Cambridge one aswell. I'm looking at it now, do you just book it then or do you have to be selected?
    Just first-come, first-served I think. The website's having a few technical issues but they're selling out pretty fast (well, the maths one at least )

ReputationRep:
    Damn, this event you guys are talking about looks good. It's a shame there's so much bias these days towards state school kids for this kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    Damn, this event you guys are talking about looks good. It's a shame there's so much bias these days towards state school kids for this kind of thing.
    I know! I planned to go to one and then I ended up in private sixth form college so now I can't...

ReputationRep:
    Physics electricity mock tomorrow but my PS4 should be here when I get home (potentially a bad move to order one in case I get addicted)

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been on here in a long time, so hello.

I'm just wondering, how many of you are certain about which course you want to do? And how many of you have seriously thought about which universities you're going to go to? I haven't a clue where I'm going to apply for.

ReputationRep:
    The Cambridge masterclasses have zero bias, so that's one thing you can do

ReputationRep:
    I haven't posted in here since the beginning of October. Anyone remember me? Either way, I just came here to say this.

Maths is ****ing hard.

Good day, fellow Year 12s.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by tsjmcgrath)
    I haven't been on here in a long time, so hello.

I'm just wondering, how many of you are certain about which course you want to do? And how many of you have seriously thought about which universities you're going to go to? I haven't a clue where I'm going to apply for.
    I didn't have a clue where I wanted to apply until like a week before my UCAS deadline, so that's nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    I didn't have a clue where I wanted to apply until like a week before my UCAS deadline, so that's nothing to worry about.
    Oh, okay, that is a little reassuring! But I do know quite a few people who have whittled universities down to a top ten and in some cases a top five! I believe I'm probably going to study something to do with Law, History, Economics or Politics (or a combination of some of those) but I'm not totally sure just yet.

(Original post by Lucas.)
    I haven't posted in here since the beginning of October. Anyone remember me? Either way, I just came here to say this.

Maths is ****ing hard.

Sadly I can't say I remember you off the top of my head, but I haven't posted in here for a long time too! And yeah, Maths really is difficult. It's going to take a lot of practice (I've probably used the wrong form of practice there, sorry) for me to master it. But I guess that makes it far more worth it!

ReputationRep:
    Which event?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been on in a while, hello all!

ReputationRep:

Maths is ****ing hard.

Was actually wondering where you went, used to be the one of the most frequent posters.

ReputationRep:
    Was actually wondering where you went, used to be the one of the most frequent posters.
    Yeah, I know... I just got really caught up with work, then I just kind of forgot to come on one day and yeah... Now I'm here again, haha.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know... I just got really caught up with work, then I just kind of forgot to come on one day and yeah... Now I'm here again, haha.
    Hey, facepalm-through-the-head guy!

How've you been?

ReputationRep:
    Parents evening.

Waste of time :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.