The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
You guys may be in good form.. at the moment, but dont get carried away - arsenal have been the in-form side of 2015, and beat both liverpool and man city, just as you guys did.. (as well as beating you, in 2015)

No way is it as clear as all of your midfield are playing better then ours at the moment. Dont let a few decent wins for united cloud things up.

+ 'midfield on paper' is a useless term. especially as apparently ozil is not in our best midfield on paper according to you..?

I agree and I'm not getting carried away. But with wins in the last month against Spurs, Liverpool Villa and City with 3 or 4 goals/assists each, apart from Carrick, I think it's pretty clear that they're playing better currently.

'Midfield on paper' was brought up by AR.
If you were to include Ozil it would be in place of Cazorla who's been better than him since Ozil arrived in England, so by the same logic as used with Di Maria-Sanchez you have to choose Cazorla over Ozil. You could include Ozil if it was a 5 man midfield as with the 4-1-4-1 you've used before, but there's only 4 in the United midfield so there's no one to compare him to.
Original post by Zürich
lol your entire team is built around Fellaini FFS :laugh:

Your team is built around a lump of a forward up top too, and he's ****.
Original post by difeo
I agree and I'm not getting carried away. But with wins in the last month against Spurs, Liverpool Villa and City with 3 or 4 goals/assists each, apart from Carrick, I think it's pretty clear that they're playing better currently.

'Midfield on paper' was brought up by AR.
If you were to include Ozil it would be in place of Cazorla who's been better than him since Ozil arrived in England, so by the same logic as used with Di Maria-Sanchez you have to choose Cazorla over Ozil. You could include Ozil if it was a 5 man midfield as with the 4-1-4-1 you've used before, but there's only 4 in the United midfield so there's no one to compare him to.

more often then not this season we have had both cazorla and ozil on the pitch together.. combinations like:

Coq - Cazorla
Welbeck - Ozil - Sanchez

Coq
Ramsey - ozil - cazorla - sanchez

Coq - Ramsey
Sanchez - Cazorla - ozil

etc.

Its one of the issues with making comparisons with out midfield.. is our midfield changes so much at the moment.

I understand you guys have had some great results in the last few games - and if you can keep it going against chelsea tommorow, then that will be properly impressive.

Guess we can wait until our game against each other to see how our now inform midfields fare against each other
in reality coquelin is just gonna make elbows and co. look like work experience lads again
To think Coquelin is only 5ft 8 and dominated Fellaini
Scenes when Arsenal fans brag about a win against United when they've been our bitch for years and couldn't beat Moyes
Original post by difeo
Young starts over Di Maria because on current form he's better than him, so the logical reasoning is that Young > Sanchez on current form, which is obviously correct.

This guys banter is top notch
Original post by leinad2012
This guys banter is top notch

Are you actually going to claim that Young hasn't been better than Sanchez over the last month? Lol
Original post by difeo
Are you actually going to claim that Young hasn't been better than Sanchez over the last month? Lol

1 goal and 2 assists in the last month and suddenly he's the best player in the league, this guy :biggrin:

Comparing stats over the last month (i.e. when Sanchez has been in his worst form and Young at his best ever) and Sanchez only has 1 less assist and does miles more defensively.
Well no as of right now it's just:
Carrick > Coq
Herrera > Ramsey
Mata > Cazorla
Fellaini > Sanchez

Difeo are you ****ing serious right now? You guys fluke a 2-1 win versus Liverpool and beat City at their worst yet and suddenly you're the best team ever.

We beat both of them by more and have spunked on every team that's come our way this year, as shown by the most points per game in Europe'd top 5 leagues. Can't wait for Chelsea to put you guys back in place tomorrow
1 goal and 2 assists in the last month and suddenly he's the best player in the league, this guy :biggrin:

Comparing stats over the last month (i.e. when Sanchez has been in his worst form and Young at his best ever) and Sanchez only has 1 less assist and does miles more defensively.

So you've agreed with me that he's been better attacking wise, and defensive work is fairly irrelevant for wingers/attacking midfielders but Young works hard and gets back to cover a lot, given he's played at LWB a lot it's clear he's a decent defender. So yeah you're pretty much agreeing with me lol, the fact that this is a low point for Sanchez and a high point for Young is utterly irrelevant.
All the hype about Alexis Sanchez but Walcott actually had a better goal to game record than him in the 2012-2013 season. I think he is better than Sterling and Wenger is right to say he should stay.
Original post by Depleted
Scenes when Arsenal fans brag about a win against United when they've been our bitch for years and couldn't beat Moyes

I am not sure what you are getting at?

That makes perfect sense?

A team has struggled against another team for years..

Finally manages to beat them..

Ofcourse they are going to brag and be proud of that?

Entirely normal behaviour..
Well no as of right now it's just:
Carrick > Coq
Herrera > Ramsey
Mata > Cazorla
Fellaini > Sanchez

Difeo are you ****ing serious right now? You guys fluke a 2-1 win versus Liverpool and beat City at their worst yet and suddenly you're the best team ever.

We beat both of them by more and have spunked on every team that's come our way this year, as shown by the most points per game in Europe'd top 5 leagues. Can't wait for Chelsea to put you guys back in place tomorrow

Never heard anyone say the Liverpool win was a fluke before. You've had far easier games recently and only narrowly won some of them eg Burnley and Newcastle.
It's pretty well established that Mata and Herrera are on top form right now, and that Carrick makes a huge difference to our results when he's in the team. The only one that's remotely debatable is Fellaini-Sanchez.
Original post by AR_95
To think Coquelin is only 5ft 8 and dominated Fellaini

The new Makelele :smile:
Lmao the way this is being blown out of proportion
Reply 7416
Original post by difeo

So, you would have Young over Alexis... based on three/four games?
Original post by difeo

Hahahahahahahahahaha*breathe*hahahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
So, you would have Young over Alexis... based on three/four games?

I haven't said anything like that
Reply 7419
Original post by difeo
I haven't said anything like that

So what are you trying to say?

You're going in and debating with multiple posters here, claiming that Young has been better than Alexis over the past month.. I don't get it - what's your point? How do you even rate a footballer? Over a week? Month? Season?

Latest