Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    anyone pissed off at our scouts also in particular Gilles Grimaldi? France used to be our goldmine, but now we've missed on likes of Zouma, Martial, Pogba and Varane.
    Forgot Laporte.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    anyone pissed off at our scouts also in particular Gilles Grimaldi? France used to be our goldmine, but now we've missed on likes of Zouma, Martial, Pogba and Varane.
    It's not all bad, at least you got Sanogo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    It's not all bad, at least you got Sanogo.
    in the same summer we got Yaya, Monaco got Martial for about 5m euroes.

I totally forgot about Hazard as well. And we got ****ing Gervinho.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    in the same summer we got Yaya, Monaco got Martial for about 5m euroes.

I totally forgot about Hazard as well. And we got ****ing Gervinho.
    You were linked with Hazard for ****ing ages and everyone wanted him, can't really put that down to scouts not doing their job.

ReputationRep:
    Gervinho over Hazard wasn't worse than Bebe over James Rodriquez.

We ****ed up big time with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    You were linked with Hazard for ****ing ages and everyone wanted him, can't really put that down to scouts not doing their job.
    no we could have got him in 2009 or 2010 and he wanted us ffs.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...m-dizzy-prices

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

ReputationRep:
    Thing is the scouts/Wenger must have known about players like that.

I'm guessing Wenger probably decided we didn't need them. Plus Sanogo was constantly injured so he better fitted our profile.

ReputationRep:
    Sums it all up very well tbh https://twitter.com/TweetChelseaCF/s...690564096?s=09

Read earlier that some Arsenal fans were boycotting Costa Coffee. Pathetically tragic fans - grown men ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Sums it all up very well tbh https://twitter.com/TweetChelseaCF/s...690564096?s=09

Read earlier that some Arsenal fans were boycotting Costa Coffee. Pathetically tragic fans - grown men ffs
    Autism is strong in this one...

ReputationRep:
    Hazard laugh is gold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Autism is strong in this one...
    Fanbase.

ReputationRep:
    Do we spend more money rehabilitating players than buying them?

ReputationRep:

wtf did I just watch?

Thoughts on Ozil this season? Will he be leaving for Turkey at the end of the season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I think they'll just about stay up but not by much. Sunderland are absolutely ****ed though.

Sunderland, Villa and Bournemouth for me.
    Incredibly early days but I could see all those who've come up this season stay up. Bournemouth just scrapping it, Watford say 14/15th, Norwich something like 10/11th. Though tbh I thought Bournemouth would do better, and they still have plenty of time to, but then I can't see which other PL sides they've be able to surpass to do so.

So Blunderland, New-why'd you want McClaren-Castle and Villa no Benteke no PL.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    no we could have got him in 2009 or 2010 and he wanted us ffs.
    If Arsenal spent £15-20m on an unproven kid in 2009/10 there would have been riots outside the ground.

Wenger wouldn't have paid that for an established player in their prime back in those days.

(Original post by joey11223)
    Incredibly early days but I could see all those who've come up this season stay up. Bournemouth just scrapping it, Watford say 14/15th, Norwich something like 10/11th. Though tbh I thought Bournemouth would do better, and they still have plenty of time to, but then I can't see which other PL sides they've be able to surpass to do so.

So Blunderland, New-why'd you want McClaren-Castle and Villa no Benteke no PL.
    Can't see Bournemouth doing it tbh. Their squad is threadbare already, how will they cope over the Christmas period? Their run in looks really tough too. Norwich have the same squad that got relegated two years ago but that was more down to Hughton than their squad not being good enough. Watford will finish top half.

It's not just Benteke with Villa, they've lost the whole spine of their team in Vlaar, Snake, Benteke.

ReputationRep:

'Net spend' gets me every single time. How any grown man can care about these things is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal 2014-15 finances:
    Pre-tax profit: £24.7m - up from £4.7m
    Turnover: £344.5m - up from £301.9m
    Cash reserves: £193m - up from £173m

Arteta, Flamini, Gibbs, Ospina could not be improved upon? Mandzukic wasnt worth <10pc of reserves?

Next season we're looking at £250m reserves...at 5% return, we make £10m in interest alone. In other words, summer 2015 net spend was covered by interest. Wenger is forcing himself out, its not 2009 anymore.

ReputationRep:
    We're basically a bank.

I wish someone would put this directly to him; it really is inexplicable. £200m of reserves and we charge the highest prices in Europe. Unreal banter tbh.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.