David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Does anyone else read the books :awesome:

Or is it just me that's the nerd :getmecoat:
    I plan to. I got a bunch of them on my Kindle, just got to get through the backlog of other books I wanna read first

ReputationRep:
    I'd really like Dr Who to start earlier... maybe even in March, we wait almost a full year from season finale to season premiere. thank god for the Christmas special

but it's looking goood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    What and where? We've not seen Tennant all the time, it's quite possible that he could have met a future version of himself between episodes/series/specials/whatever.

(Or am I being very tired and therefore missing something crucial)

And DT is lovely, but Matt is better (and only a few years older than me :teeth:)
    I actually don't know what I was thinking about when I made that post let alone actually remember making it :laugh: I was so drunk last night I can remember sod all

Episode titles

Episode 1 – The Impossible Astronaut
    Episode 2 – Day of the Moon
    Episode 3 – The Curse of the Black Spot
    Episode 4 – The Doctor’s Wife
    Episode 5 – The Rebel Flesh
    Episode 6 – The Almost People
    Episode 7 - A Good Man goes to War :holmes:

:fan:

Does anyone else read the books :awesome:

Or is it just me that's the nerd :getmecoat:
    I do too. :ninja:

DW books are awesome. Especially the audio ones that are voiced and narrated by the actors themselves. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)

I do too. :ninja:

DW books are awesome. Especially the audio ones that are voiced and narrated by the actors themselves. :ninja:
    They are awesome. And really well written as well. Not to mention some of them should have been turned into TV episodes.

Never heard the audio ones. Always thought that was the lazy man's alternative to reading :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Was just watching Blink again, they should bring back Sally Sparrow :gah: She would be an amazing companion.

ReputationRep:
    Have there been any new promos with Karen Gillan in :beard:

Or wallpapers?

I feel like an update

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Have there been any new promos with Karen Gillan in :beard:

Or wallpapers?

I feel like a ****
    Corrected.

EDIT: Damn you asterisk!

ReputationRep:
    Corrected.

EDIT: Damn you asterisk!
    :dice: Is that what you are going for :teehee:

Edit: Have they removed the :dice: emoticon that looked like masturbating

Edit 2: No, I just have a really slow internet connection :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Better looking.

(I think he's just about a better doctor too, but quite happily admit that's highly subjective, and agree it's difficult to compare them)
    I guess good looks depends on your preferences as well. Personally, Tennant's hair does it for me, plus he's taller than Matt.

(Original post by JWH)
    Nope but no memory of making that last comment (which has kindly helped me figure out what time I got in) and I've accidentally slept through my lecture
    Glad to be of help! Hope it wasn't an important lecture.

(Original post by Yoghurt)
    I plan to. I got a bunch of them on my Kindle, just got to get through the backlog of other books I wanna read first
    I envy your Kindle. I'm desperate for one!

I know this might sound like a stupid question - but once you've bought the Kindle itself, do you have to pay a monthly fee to connect to the internet or whatnot?

(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    I'd really like Dr Who to start earlier... maybe even in March, we wait almost a full year from season finale to season premiere. thank god for the Christmas special

but it's looking goood
    The wait's always worthwhile though.

Episode titles

Episode 1 – The Impossible Astronaut
    Episode 2 – Day of the Moon
    Episode 3 – The Curse of the Black Spot
    Episode 4 – The Doctor’s Wife
    Episode 5 – The Rebel Flesh
    Episode 6 – The Almost People
    Oh help, lots of intriguing titles!

"The Doctor's Wife" - that seems far too obvious to be River, don't you think? After all this speculation about who she is, it would seem a bit silly to give it away in the title of the episode. >_>

I hope I'm right otherwise I'm going to be desperately disappointed with the writers' imagination.

So, that's where River's going to kill someone, I guess. And the cliffhanger will probably be that we don't know who's killed... possibly. Although that might leave it far too easy to guess because it can't be the Doctor. Well, at least I don't think it can be. :confused:

I need to stop reading this thread, I'm going to ruin it for myself.

I just read this:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    "The Nazis will make an appearance"

Excuse my exictement but HOW COOL IS THAT GOING TO BE?!

(Original post by Rascacielos)
    I just read this:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    "The Nazis will make an appearance"

Excuse my exictedment but HOW COOL IS THAT GOING TO BE?!
    I'm guessing you don't know about the multi-quite function?

ReputationRep:
    I envy your Kindle. I'm desperate for one!

I know this might sound like a stupid question - but once you've bought the Kindle itself, do you have to pay a monthly fee to connect to the internet or whatnot?
    No, you either buy wi-fi only and then connect through wi-fi only, or you get the 3G and then Amazon pay the connection fees.
    The kindle is crap for actual internet though, you can only really use it to download books.

I guess good looks depends on your preferences as well. Personally, Tennant's hair does it for me, plus he's taller than Matt.
    Well yeah, but everyone knows that's subjective :p:
    Nah, Tennant's hair puts me off a bit actually. Matt's floppy hair :coma:
    Anyway, I'm so small that all guys are taller than me :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    No, you either buy wi-fi only and then connect through wi-fi only, or you get the 3G and then Amazon pay the connection fees.
    The kindle is crap for actual internet though, you can only really use it to download books.
    So what's the point of getting Wi-Fi only if you can get 3G + Wifi and you don't have to pay a monthly charge? Or is WiFi only cheaper?

And yes, I understand that the internet is a bit crap but I know you need it to download the books that's all. I have my phone/laptop for internet.

Oh God, I'm so un-technological, sorry!!

(Original post by Aula)
    Well yeah, but everyone knows that's subjective :p:
    Nah, Tennant's hair puts me off a bit actually. Matt's floppy hair :coma:
    Anyway, I'm so small that all guys are taller than me :ninjagirl:
    Aha, I'm so tall that most guys (including Matt Smith) are shorter than me! I think it's just DT's brooding character that gets me though. All for the sultry guy.

To be honest, both are pretty hot. I wouldn't mind having either of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    I'm guessing you don't know about the multi-quite function?
    Ah, I was hoping someone wouldn't pick up on that. Yes, I do. Just got a bit carried away.

Plus for the last one, there wasn't anyone to quote really.

ReputationRep:
    So what's the point of getting Wi-Fi only if you can get 3G + Wifi and you don't have to pay a monthly charge? Or is WiFi only cheaper?

And yes, I understand that the internet is a bit crap but I know you need it to download the books that's all. I have my phone/laptop for internet.

Oh God, I'm so un-technological, sorry!!
    Yeah, wi-fi is about £50 cheaper (and what I have, though I sometimes wish I had 3G, but that's just 'cause I'm lazy and don't want to have to walk down the corridor to the library to get on the internet for it)

No worries :yy:

To be honest, both are pretty hot. I wouldn't mind having either of them!
    Quite happily agree with you there.

ReputationRep:
    I just want to say, thank God for this thread. :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Yeah, wi-fi is about £50 cheaper (and what I have, though I sometimes wish I had 3G, but that's just 'cause I'm lazy and don't want to have to walk down the corridor to the library to get on the internet for it)
    Thanks for that! I might have to get one.

(Original post by JKGB)
    I just want to say, thank God for this thread. :adore:
    It gets addictive. So if you have history coursework to do (like me!), DESIST! Before it's too late!

ReputationRep:
    Glad to be of help! Hope it wasn't an important lecture.
    I don't know if it was as I've been so hungover I've just been lazing about all day trying to recover rather than finding out what I missed :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snapple)
    wasnt river song already killed off in the library episode? time travel is confusing :s
    (Original post by 30DiedOnMars)
    As was droned into us last series, "Time can be rewritten"
    The whole point of the River Song story line is that River Song had met the future Doctor.

So whilst the Doctor now is having 'new' adventures with her, she had already had all of those adventures when we saw her die.

Hence why she always says spoilers, she knows things that have happened which the Doctor is oblivious to since they happen in his future.

Essentially we're seeing a younger River to the one who died.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.