Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    Hey, facepalm-through-the-head guy!

How've you been?
    Bonjour.

Erm, alright thanks, I guess. I'm been good recently.. But I'm not too happy with college at all.. I really don't enjoy it. I don't think A Levels are for me. I'm going to stick at it this year, then depending on my results, I might just drop out and get a job somewhere like Sainsbury's for the time being. My band has some pretty neat stuff coming up so hopefully that will take off.. Sounds stupid gambling my education for hopes in being in a decent band, but unfortunately that's a risk I'm willing to take haha.

How have you and all the other people in this thread been?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else getting must-revise-for-all-the-tests-but-exhausted-because-this-term-is-too-long stress?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    Bonjour.

Erm, alright thanks, I guess. I'm been good recently.. But I'm not too happy with college at all.. I really don't enjoy it. I don't think A Levels are for me. I'm going to stick at it this year, then depending on my results, I might just drop out and get a job somewhere like Sainsbury's for the time being. My band has some pretty neat stuff coming up so hopefully that will take off.. Sounds stupid gambling my education for hopes in being in a decent band, but unfortunately that's a risk I'm willing to take haha.

How have you and all the other people in this thread been?
    You know that thing where people say 'GCSEs don't prepare you well enough for A-levels'? I can totally sympathise with that now. xD I've had such little motivation to do any independent work this term. It's shocking. The fact that still I can get away with As on my report isn't helping - I would much rather I got Bs and Cs so that I can "wake up", so to speak.

At this rate, Bs and Cs are probably what I'll be getting next August. Hopefully I'll be able to motivate myself to catch up on all the independent learning stuff over Christmas hol's.

It's funny cuz at the start of the year in this very thread I made some sort of comment about how helpful/useful this thread will be for working hard at A levels. Now I'm complaining here I'm not doing enough for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiecat)
    Anyone else getting must-revise-for-all-the-tests-but-exhausted-because-this-term-is-too-long stress?
    :five:. I feel so exhausted just trying to finish my homework this term that I have now been forced into using all of my christmas holidays as revision periods :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiecat)
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    :five:. I feel so exhausted just trying to finish my homework this term that I have now been forced into using all of my christmas holidays as revision periods :cry:
    :console::sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)

(Original post by JustaDreamer)
    :console::sadnod:
    *huggles both*

ReputationRep:
    I actually like college and the work :cool: I'm just getting a bit fed up now and want to break up for Christmas already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie97)
    I actually like college and the work :cool: I'm just getting a bit fed up now and want to break up for Christmas already.
    I think everyone thinks so!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie97)
    Hear hear.

ReputationRep:
    I like school I got a Christmas job as well so I'm feeling a bit pressured trying to get everything done and revised for but it seems to be going okay at the momentoo
    I got 74/75 in an M1 test without any revision which felt amazing hahah
    I love maths <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyh77)
    I like school I got a Christmas job as well so I'm feeling a bit pressured trying to get everything done and revised for but it seems to be going okay at the momentoo
    I got 74/75 in an M1 test without any revision which felt amazing hahah
    I love maths <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats!

I must say I didn't exactly like maths last year, but this year it has changed, easily my favourite subject and it's actually fun at times :lol: Completed C1/2 and M1, which were fun and not too hard, however parts of C3 and M2 are now getting pretty challenging!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Congrats!

I must say I didn't exactly like maths last year, but this year it has changed, easily my favourite subject and it's actually fun at times :lol: Completed C1/2 and M1, which were fun and not too hard, however parts of C3 and M2 are now getting pretty challenging!
    Thanks haha!
    I so understand about the fun parrt! The best feeling ever though is finishing a hard question and then actually getting it right, it's soo nicee
    We're just about finishing C2 off now and then we're starting C3 and S1 after chrimbo, should be exciting What have you done so far in C3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Congrats!

Thanks haha!
    I so understand about the fun parrt! The best feeling ever though is finishing a hard question and then actually getting it right, it's soo nicee
    We're just about finishing C2 off now and then we're starting C3 and S1 after chrimbo, should be exciting What have you done so far in C3?
    You both doing the whole A Level Maths in a year?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone whos doing English literature as level what books you studying and how you finding the course so fa??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    I ammmmm, not too sure about Tibbz!

ReputationRep:
    I ammmmm, not too sure about Tibbz!
    Looking to do Maths at uni?

ReputationRep:
    Looking to do Maths at uni?
    Maybe Maths, maybe physics, maybe chemistry, maybe medicine.. at this point I am a mess hahah
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Maths, maybe physics, maybe chemistry, maybe medicine.. at this point I am a mess hahah
    What about you?
    I applied this year to read Economics :P, but Maths and Physics still have a special place in there

ReputationRep:
    Thanks haha!
    So far we've been mainly doing differentiation of composites and exponentials, and also a lot of the trig proofs and addition formulas. It's all a step up from the stuff you get in C2, but manageable. However a few questions we have had are pretty tough!

Yup, I am too C1-4 and M1-2

ReputationRep:
    its ten to 11am and i need to turn the light on in my house.
    Even if i'm not very festive feeling, it's time for christmas now me thinks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.