Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah SUG makes his dupes obvious and has the same style of writing.

I'll allow him for now.

I'm annoyed atm, got turned down for a tenancy manager role because I didn't have a driving license. Just got the theory test book now, how long will it take to learn? May just spend a week banging this **** out, when I'm ready for the test I should go for it. Also how many lessons does it take to do the practical? Don't wanna be spending too much money. I am looking to get a car in a couple years not yet tho.

Anyone got a few decent mid ranged used cars?
    How the **** do you not know how to drive yet?

You can do the theory anytime it's a piece of piss lol. For practical test just do a 2 week intensive course. Costs **** loads and it's non stop driving but thts the quickest way to pass. Need to book your test first tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parano!d)
    How the **** do you not know how to drive yet?

You can do the theory anytime it's a piece of piss lol. For practical test just do a 2 week intensive course. Costs **** loads and it's non stop driving but thts the quickest way to pass. Need to book your test first tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was lazy in university.

I think I'll just book the theory in a few weeks then. Just bought the CD yday so will learn it over the next couple of days.

ReputationRep:
    Would say learning to drive takes a long time and a lot of money. That is basically what you are paying for with lessons. Not just passing the test its experience hour and hours, of situations and stuff to help you be a good driver. Intensive courses are like cramming for a test, you'll pass all the same, but you won't be as good as the guy who studies properly. Depends what you want and how much time you've got.

ReputationRep:

I think I'll just book the theory in a few weeks then. Just bought the CD yday so will learn it over the next couple of days.
    I did 2 hours per week and it took me about 5 months.
    Could've done it earlier but I wanted to be extra prepared for my test.
    I had a really good instructor (like 90% first time pass or something) so it cost me £22.50 per hour, whereas some of my mates were paying like £18.

If you got the money and pick things up fast, I reckon you could get it done in 4 months

ReputationRep:

Jammy. Did you say you'd had a video interview for a company? I've got my first one in the next day or two, pretty nervous. What was your (or anybody else's) strategy.

Also found out that I passed the Diagrammatical for another scheme! Thought I'd only got 1 out of 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Jammy. Did you say you'd had a video interview for a company? I've got my first one in the next day or two, pretty nervous. What was your (or anybody else's) strategy.

Also found out that I passed the Diagrammatical for another scheme! Thought I'd only got 1 out of 10.
    Na I had a phone interview. Similar I guess but they can't see what you're doing I guess.

Strategies would be to prepare questions, key questions and memorise the answers to a T. That gives you confidence, so if you get a question you're not prepared for, you can go around the subject and hopefully understand it.

Also you have bankers. In football terms, beat the small teams, use that as confidence to beat the big teams, if you play the same way you did against smaller teams you may lose the big teams, but at least you put in a good performance. That's essentially how I view an interview. Also have some peppermint/spearmint tea, calms you down very well.

Good luck mate.

ReputationRep:
    Guy I know met RVP in Harrods
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    If you get a car to help practice in you should be able to get it done fairly quickly. One of my friends did this and she had five 2 hour lessons before taking her test (and passing). Sounds hard to believe but she's not the type of person to exaggerate/lie.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my mum said she's going to let me practise in the car soon as I pass theory.

ReputationRep:
    Interstellar is getting some mixed reviews

brb killing myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)

brb killing myself
    9.5 on IMDB lmao, ****ing Nolan fanboys have already struck

69% is still decent though, hope it goes lower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)

brb killing myself
    Shame.

So want to see it in 70mm IMAX though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    9.5 on IMDB lmao, ****ing Nolan fanboys have already struck smh

69% is still decent though, hope it goes lower.
    It'll most likely only get higher and settle in the 70's somewhere.

It's pretty much guaranteed to be a great film still, already being touted for some Oscars and a majority of the reviews so far like it. His films just get too much hype though post-Dark Knight that it never meets them

Also check out ASOS lads, big sale atm

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got Fifa 15 for PS4? I might buy these at Christmas as a treat if I get my uni work done. I saw PS4 is now £325 on Amazon, which is quite cheap. Is the game any good? Is it better than last one? I only really play Career mode and have tournaments when mates are round. Are these two things on the game?

I'm annoyed atm, got turned down for a tenancy manager role because I didn't have a driving license. Just got the theory test book now, how long will it take to learn? May just spend a week banging this **** out, when I'm ready for the test I should go for it. Also how many lessons does it take to do the practical? Don't wanna be spending too much money. I am looking to get a car in a couple years not yet tho.
    Sorry to hear this Jammy. Yeah a number of grad schemes I've seen ask for a driving license, Aldi for example. I passed third time, about 30 lessons, quite expensive, and took about a year and a half of doing it on and off. My mate passed in about 3 months though, so it's doable quick if you put your mind to it.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got Fifa 15 for PS4? I might buy these at Christmas as a treat if I get my uni work done. I saw PS4 is now £325 on Amazon, which is quite cheap. Is the game any good? Is it better than last one? I only really play Career mode and have tournaments when mates are round. Are these two things on the game?

Sorry to hear this Jammy. Yeah a number of grad schemes I've seen ask for a driving license, Aldi for example. I passed third time, about 30 lessons, quite expensive, and took about a year and a half of doing it on and off. My mate passed in about 3 months though, so it's doable quick if you put your mind to it.
    Yeah, get it. And the 2 things you mentioned are on the game.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen that program The Revolution will be televised?

ReputationRep:
    How to get away with murder looks interesting. Has anyone seen it yet?

ReputationRep:

Yeah I got Fifa haha. £325 for a PS4 is quite nice. Will give you a game mate.

Thanks for the advice. It's so tedious, but I hopefully should have theory done end of this week, then will hopefully have hazard perception done week after.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen that program The Revolution will be televised?
    Its very good, bit lefty-hippy at times but makes me laugh without fail.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Think this is genuinely the worst thing Ive seen in music in years

Then again, 99% of cultural exports from America make me want to be sick tbh

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.