Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Scenes when Arsenal fans brag about a win against United when they've been our ***** for years and couldn't beat Moyes
    I am not sure what you are getting at?

That makes perfect sense?

A team has struggled against another team for years..

Finally manages to beat them..

Ofcourse they are going to brag and be proud of that?

Entirely normal behaviour..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Well no as of right now it's just:
    Carrick > Coq
    Herrera > Ramsey
    Mata > Cazorla
    Fellaini > Sanchez

Difeo are you ****ing serious right now? You guys fluke a 2-1 win versus Liverpool and beat City at their worst yet and suddenly you're the best team ever.

We beat both of them by more and have spunked on every team that's come our way this year, as shown by the most points per game in Europe'd top 5 leagues. Can't wait for Chelsea to put you guys back in place tomorrow
    Never heard anyone say the Liverpool win was a fluke before. You've had far easier games recently and only narrowly won some of them eg Burnley and Newcastle.
    It's pretty well established that Mata and Herrera are on top form right now, and that Carrick makes a huge difference to our results when he's in the team. The only one that's remotely debatable is Fellaini-Sanchez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    To think Coquelin is only 5ft 8 and dominated Fellaini
    The new Makelele

ReputationRep:
    Lmao the way this is being blown out of proportion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Are you actually going to claim that Young hasn't been better than Sanchez over the last month? Lol
    So, you would have Young over Alexis... based on three/four games?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Are you actually going to claim that Young hasn't been better than Sanchez over the last month? Lol
    Hahahahahahahahahaha*breathe*hah ahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    So, you would have Young over Alexis... based on three/four games?
    I haven't said anything like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    I haven't said anything like that
    So what are you trying to say?

You're going in and debating with multiple posters here, claiming that Young has been better than Alexis over the past month.. I don't get it - what's your point? How do you even rate a footballer? Over a week? Month? Season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    So what are you trying to say?

You're going in and debating with multiple posters here, claiming that Young has been better than Alexis over the past month.. I don't get it - what's your point? How do you even rate a footballer? Over a week? Month? Season?
    The original debate was comparing players over this season and also their entire careers. Then Acorns brought up "right now", and put Sanchez above Young. So I disagreed with that, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get why it's so hard to accept Young has been in better form than Alexis. Just because he has a bad reputation, it's like saying Coquelin is ****e because he played for Charlton, regardless of form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    The original debate was comparing players over this season and also their entire careers. Then Acorns brought up "right now", and put Sanchez above Young. So I disagreed with that, that's all.
    I believe I put sanchez above di maria actually..

ReputationRep:
    Young hasn't played better football since "acorns" was printed across the front of his shirt imo
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Horrible to see the majority of the 100,000+ racist comments on social media found by Kick It Out were aimed at Welbeck and Sturridge, two exceptional English players, and Balotelli.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Horrible to see the majority of the 100,000+ racist comments on social media found by Kick It Out were aimed at Welbeck and Sturridge, two exceptional English players, and Balotelli.
    are users being individually named and shamed?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by swirly)
    are users being individually named and shamed?
    Nah. They should be - and need to be - for this to stop, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    But the issue is you've been comparing players in different positions, CAM's with wingers, CM with CDM and then ignoring our starting CAM when comparing players. It just makes no sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Maybe because racism against white players isn't classed as racism #controversial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    I believe I put sanchez above di maria actually..
    True and then leinad brought Young into it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    But the issue is you've been comparing players in different positions, CAM's with wingers, CM with CDM and then ignoring our starting CAM when comparing players. It just makes no sense
    Carrick is a CDM. A different type to Coquelin, but the closest comparison there is. CAMs with wingers - do you mean Di Maria-Sanchez? They're similar enough.

I've explained Ozil: with only 4 spots to compare there has to be a DM (Coq), a CM (Ramsey) and obviously Sanchez has to be there. That leaves space for one of Ozil and Cazorla, and Cazorla has been the better player over the time they've both been in England.

ReputationRep:
    not to excited for our game this weekend..

I mean, its a game we should win.. chances are we will win.. if we dont win I will be pissed.. if we do win good, standard, move on to the final.

More interested in the other semi-final..

Really think villa can give liverpool a game, and would love to see a villa - arsenal final

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.