Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PointDexter)
    Really?! Thats actually higher than id have imagined but if its true i just scraped it lol
    don't they have it on the website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PointDexter)
    Really?! Thats actually higher than id have imagined but if its true i just scraped it lol
    No it was 650 last year! 2017 entry has not been decided yet I don't think (I read that on the website)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    No it was 650 last year! 2017 entry has not been decided yet I don't think (I read that on the website)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lost person said it "was" meaning she(?) was talking about last year

ReputationRep:
    GUYS I NEED HELP
    UKCAT: 640 BAND 2 A LEVEL: AAA TAKING GAP YEAR
    Do you think i will get an interview with these UKCAT scores for Medicine from:
    BSMS?
    Plymouth?
    Exeter?

Honest replies please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouHaveProblems)
    Lost person said it "was" meaning she(?) was talking about last year
    Yeah I know, I replied to the user because it sounds like they were asking what the current cut off is, so I was just clarifying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m.el1998)
    GUYS I NEED HELP
    BSMS?
    Plymouth?
    Exeter?

Honest replies please
    Exeter probably not as they use tiers and prioritise A*'s heavily, but seriously well done on your AAA it's amazing!
    Plymouth potentially, have a look at their old cut offs and sub section cut offs though, if you've done very poor in a particular section then don't apply as you won't be selected for interview because of that. I don't know much about the other uni sorry so hopefully someone else can help you with that one. Why don't you try Liverpool, as long as your PS is good? Maybe even St George's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me advice for where to apply?
    UKCAT avg was 626 (messed up on verbal reasoning)
    GCSE grades; 2A* 6A's 2B's
    I'm trying to get my teachers to predict me all A's but my supervising head of year is stubborn af. I was considering KCL 6 year course, Bristol? what are my chances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamza_33)
    Does any one think a uni may be biased if i choose stay at home and its in a different city? Or can they not see this.
    Are you planning to commute in to a uni that's in a different city then? I don't know whether or not they see it but I don't think they'd be biased if they could see it

ReputationRep:
    GUYS I NEED HELP
    BSMS?
    Plymouth?
    Exeter?

Honest replies please
    BSMS use BMAT, Plymouth is a bit risky. Not sure about Exeter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what a competitive UKCAT score for Newcastle would be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vitae)
    Does anyone know what a competitive UKCAT score for Newcastle would be?
    Top percentile and 2nd so like 700 n +

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouHaveProblems)
    Top percentile and 2nd so like 700 n +
    okay thank you

ReputationRep:
    I did my Maths A-level in year 12 instead of year 13. What uni's don't mind this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCMXCVIII)
    I did my Maths A-level in year 12 instead of year 13. What uni's don't mind this?
    Apart from sheffield which may be funny it should be an advantage

ReputationRep:
    Why would they mind it, it's a very impressive achievement, well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did the exact same as you, and I was at no disadvantage. Btw for sheffield last year you had to take 3 a levels in the same sitting then its fine so be cautious about that. Luckily i did 4 a levels so it wasn't a problem for sheffield.
    I belive all other unis accept your situation but call up to double check

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I got a total score of 1750 in the ukcat which I know is a very low score are there any unis that I can apply up with that score at all? I have 5A*s and 3As at gcse and A*ABB at a level (I'm a graduate btw)*

ReputationRep:
    GUYS I NEED HELP
    BSMS?
    Plymouth?
    Exeter?

Honest replies please
    BMSM: Yes if your BMAT is strong (last year cut off was 16.1)
    Plymouth: No, but theres a small change I'm wrong!
    Exeter: Yes if you are re-sitting all 3 A levels and are predicted A* in each of them.(this will get you the interview) Your offer would likely to be A*AA. In this case, only re sit 1 subject if you want.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I have a total score 1910 and band 3 in the ukcat . I'm from Poland so we have diffrent exams but my predicted grades are really high, overall 91% from all subjects and for example Oxbridge wants 90%. Where do you think i should apply ?
    I really need your help, because I don't know how to choose them

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.