Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Ooh cool! Haha fair enough, that would take a lot of work!

Yes, you do!
    Palindromes are likely too much work for now and will be omitted from the next versions of CTAM/CTAMM. However, I might do it on CTAM by 5's (the next part) and MTZ (next part) - if indeed there is a next part of MTZ!

Now can I have some help on CTAM please?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Thanks! I'll add a feature like that to CTAM, as well as consecutive hundreds too.

I won't do thousands as there's only 10 of those per thread.

I might also do palindromes but that'll take quite a bit of looking through!

I don't think you should add that feature now. Add it in the next CTAM thread, winning hundreds is a good way of creating competition amongst users. It will/should encourage users to post so they can win a 100th post. :yes:

Also I don't think the CTAM will ever have a pace like on this thread. With the 10 post per person limit, it limits the amount of post people can post, hence the slower pace. Unlike on this thread we can post however much post we want.

Posted from OtherWorld

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Palindromes are likely too much work for now and will be omitted from the next versions of CTAM/CTAMM. However, I might do it on CTAM by 5's (the next part) and MTZ (next part) - if indeed there is a next part of MTZ!

Now can I have some help on CTAM please?
    Fair enough :yep: I'm going to bed now but as you asked, I'll do a few posts there first

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Be the first to hear about university clearing course spaces. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    I don't think you should add that feature now. Add it in the next CTAM thread, winning hundreds is a good way of creating competition amongst users. It will/should encourage users to post so they can win a 100th post. :yes:

Also I don't think the CTAM will ever have a pace like on this thread. With the 10 post per person limit, it limits the amount of post people can post, hence the slower pace. Unlike on this thread we can post however much post we want.

Posted from OtherWorld
    I'm not going to add it now - features like that will wait until the next new thread part. Otherwise it'd be extremely difficult to implement! And hopefully it'll give a bit more in thread competition

I know that CTAM used to go quite fast at some times - it all depends on who is posting at what time. The reason why we have the 10 post limit is so that people can't just spam the place by posting page upon page of posts without any breaks. And since it's just consecutive posts that are monitored, then if we get a lot of people posting at once, then the 10 post limit won't even come into force, due to no-one making consecutive posts.

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Fair enough :yep: I'm going to bed now but as you asked, I'll do a few posts there first
    Okay, awesome! It's just that I'd like to get the threads up to nice round numbers (-20k and 100k respectively for CTAMM and CTAM) so that we can crack on with the new parts, with the new features such as most hundreds in a thread, and most consecutive hundreds!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    Sorry I'm up early tomorrow for work. Do it yourself.
    Awwww man :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, awesome! It's just that I'd like to get the threads up to nice round numbers (-20k and 100k respectively for CTAMM and CTAM) so that we can crack on with the new parts, with the new features such as most hundreds in a thread, and most consecutive hundreds!
    Ahh OK

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to add it now - features like that will wait until the next new thread part. Otherwise it'd be extremely difficult to implement! And hopefully it'll give a bit more in thread competition

I know that CTAM used to go quite fast at some times - it all depends on who is posting at what time. The reason why we have the 10 post limit is so that people can't just spam the place by posting page upon page of posts without any breaks. And since it's just consecutive posts that are monitored, then if we get a lot of people posting at once, then the 10 post limit won't even come into force, due to no-one making consecutive posts.

If you put the 10 post limit on CTAM then why did you not put it on this thread? This thread is spam central lol :lol:

Posted from OtherWorld

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    If you put the 10 post limit on CTAM then why did you not put it on this thread? This thread is spam central lol :lol:

Posted from OtherWorld
    Because there wasn't a 10 post limit in place when I started doing the OP's for this series... and I didn't think that there would be loads of consecutive posts

yeah I see what you mean now - however, we've got to have one thread of "spam central" so this one can be it
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :nospam:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.