Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Arsenal Society VIII Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    30 to 40mil on a quality CB and GK wouldve made a massive difference to your season, probably wouldve made up that money in the difference between prize money for winning 2 to 4 competitions and winning nothing like it looks the way things are going.
    You don't need to spend that much on a new CB. Smalling for United was £10m. It took a while for him to get established but Vidic was only £7.5m. I'm pretty sure Wenger could find someone with his scouting network.

I don't think Arsenal needed to buy in summer, that was the time to buy. A keeper maybe, but I don't think they need to this summer. Fabianski is a good back up keeper, and Szczesny is looking pretty good considering he is a young keeper. Both those are injured long term, unusual for keepers. Vermalen, Djourou, Kos are pretty decent CB's, Sqaillaci is just dire though, should never have bought him. If most team had two 1st team CB's out long term they would be in trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    You don't need to spend that much on a new CB. Smalling for United was £10m. It took a while for him to get established but Vidic was only £7.5m. I'm pretty sure Wenger could find someone with his scouting network.

The same network that recommended Squid?

(Original post by Kevmeister)
      The same network that recommended Squid?
      The same network that recommended Vermaelen.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jit987)
      At Emirates and having Fabregas, Song, Walcott, Djourou back in the starting line-up?
      So next season then?

ReputationRep:
      i would prefer jens over almunia, right now. At least with jens the defence can have some confidence that our keeper will deal with awkward balls like west broms second goal (saying that tho, it wasnt even an awkward ball, just a punt up field).

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Abiraleft)
      The same network that recommended Vermaelen.
      He did help you win the Emirates Cup, tbf to the lad.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by rorydaredking)
      So next season then?
      If there is any truth in what the Swiss FA said.

ReputationRep:
      I hope Djourou makes a shock return, just like RvP did against Barcelona!

ReputationRep:
      Arsenal is like a spoilt, wasteful child, loves throwing things away.. like important and significant games

ReputationRep:
      Djourou himself has come out and said he'll be out for the rest of the season too

ReputationRep:
      tbf, only player missing from your a team last week was cesc. So I really am not scared even if johan is back.

ReputationRep:
      tbf, only player missing from your a team last week was cesc. So I really am not scared even if johan is back.
      Erm. Song, Szczesny and Clichy?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by marcusmerehay)
      Erm. Song, Szczesny and Clichy?
      Who played instead of song? Goalie I forgot. I think clichy is **** and gibbs was good.
      I didn't actually know the team you put out when I was there and post match the talk was of a weak united team beating a full strength arse.

ReputationRep:
      Who played instead of song? Goalie I forgot. I think clichy is **** and gibbs was good. I didn't actually know the team you put out when I was there and post match the talk was of a weak united team beating a full strength arse.
      Well it wasn't exactly a 'weak' United team - fair enough you had players out of position but the defence was (aside from Ferdy) your first choice.

Also Gibbs had one of his worst ever performances in that game, basically let Fabio have a free header early on that went narrowly wide/over.

Diaby and Denilson played instead of Cesc and Song for that game - says it all really.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by marcusmerehay)
      Well it wasn't exactly a 'weak' United team - fair enough you had players out of position but the defence was (aside from Ferdy) your first choice.

Also Gibbs had one of his worst ever performances in that game, basically let Fabio have a free header early on that went narrowly wide/over.

Diaby and Denilson played instead of Cesc and Song for that game - says it all really.
      Oh yeah now I remember. Denilson went off and nobody around me even knew he was playing

ReputationRep:
      19 goals in 19 starts for RvP, fantastic record. :coma:

ReputationRep:
      good god, alumnia has to go. What on earth is up with him for that second goal??

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by JK.)
      19 goals in 19 starts for RvP, fantastic record. :coma:
      Think he is the only player in the prem with more goals per game than Hernandez. Epic tbh

ReputationRep:
      Almunia must go! This is getting ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
      I agree Almunia has to go, but so does half of our squad!

Almunia, Squillaci, Denilson, Diaby, Rosicky, Bendtner all need to go. They are just absolutely useless!

Almunia - enough said
      Squillaci - is ****
      Denilson - slows the game too much and gives away too many balls
      Diaby - "§$="ÄÖ'$="?%
      Rosicky - no longer as good as what he was
      Bendtner - He can become the top striker in the Qatari third division

We all said before this season that we need a top quality keeper and two centre backs, look what has happened!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.