Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    [Being realistic] I want to get 3 A*s, 5As and 2 Bs
    You can do it... I want a C for music, all im asking for. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    yep I'm excited for them, apart from the true/false/not mentioned questions in reading because I don't know when to put false or not mentioned
    I'm definitely not excited for them! I'm doing them early (year ten) and I don't really know much vocab. Also, I've only done two writings, and no speakings with the deadline for coursework on Tuesday, so I have to do one speaking on Thursday and one on Tuesday and get a same day courier to take it to AQA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    We're doing the same exam! Lol which religion are you doing it with?
    Ahh, good luck! & I'm doing Catholic Christianity (Unit 3) because I go to a Catholic school hehe :P what about you? Btw what grade you hoping to get? I'm PRAYING for an A! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    I'm definitely not excited for them! I'm doing them early (year ten) and I don't really know much vocab. Also, I've only done two writings, and no speakings with the deadline for coursework on Tuesday, so I have to do one speaking on Thursday and one on Tuesday and get a same day courier to take it to AQA!
    Why don't you just do speaking next year? At least you'll be able to retake the exams next year if you're not happy with your grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    You can do it... I want a C for music, all im asking for. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha lol, on my report sheet it says I'm on a low C for music..

I don't even take it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    Why don't you just do speaking next year? At least you'll be able to retake the exams next year if you're not happy with your grades
    I can't do it next year because I'm being entered for this year. They don't allow you to do it over different years, it would be fine if I was doing the exams next year, but not for this year, the controlled assessments would have been done last year if I was actually a year eleven. Yeah, but I'm hoping I won't need to resit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    bit *****y.

Aww :sad: at least you had her for GCSE then
    Yeah, I think she knows it too but her teaching out weighs all the reasons to hate her

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulpscully)
    Ahh, good luck! & I'm doing Catholic Christianity (Unit 3) because I go to a Catholic school hehe :P what about you? Btw what grade you hoping to get? I'm PRAYING for an A! :P
    Thanks! Ahh don't you have to do two religions? I'm doing Christianity and Islam Memorising all the quotes is hard for Christianity! ;/
    I'm PRAYING for an A too :/ I got a B on the mock in December without revision, so something needs to happen before the 13th for my A! Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha lol, on my report sheet it says I'm on a low C for music..

I don't even take it!!
    Damnn youuuu! Haha I'm expecting a D... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Thanks! Ahh don't you have to do two religions? I'm doing Christianity and Islam Memorising all the quotes is hard for Christianity! ;/
    I'm PRAYING for an A too :/ I got a B on the mock in December without revision, so something needs to happen before the 13th for my A! Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That something is revision. Revision needs to happen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    I can't do it next year because I'm being entered for this year. They don't allow you to do it over different years, it would be fine if I was doing the exams next year, but not for this year, the controlled assessments would have been done last year if I was actually a year eleven. Yeah, but I'm hoping I won't need to resit!
    Some people in my school started spanish in year 9 and did exams in year 10, they got good coursework grades but rubbish exam grades so all failed, they are resitting exams this year - they didn't have to redo the coursework it just got resubmitted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    Some people in my school started spanish in year 9 and did exams in year 10, they got good coursework grades but rubbish exam grades so all failed, they are resitting exams this year - they didn't have to redo the coursework it just got resubmitted
    Wow, I hope I don't end up like that! Hmm, I don't know why my school can't do it then!

ReputationRep:
    [Being realistic] I want to get 3 A*s, 5As and 2 Bs
    I'm going for 4 A* s 3 As and 3Bs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    TWO religions?! Oh my! Just the one for me :P I find the hardest part is giving my own opinion (how nonsensical is that?)
    I got a B (70% exactly) in Unit 10, so that means I need an A* to get an A overall :'( I'm prepared to work for it & thank you! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    :yawn:

Why?
    It's just so terrible compared to everyone elses

ReputationRep:
    TWO religions?! Oh my! Just the one for me :P I find the hardest part is giving my own opinion (how nonsensical is that?)
    I got a B (70% exactly) in Unit 10, so that means I need an A* to get an A overall :'( I'm prepared to work for it & thank you! :P
    I love the opinions bit but backing it up (baring in mind my atheism) with two different reasons. Is difficult. I did no division, and said songs of praise was brainwashing propaganda and still got an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    I love the opinions bit but backing it up (baring in mind my atheism) with two different reasons. Is difficult. I did no division, and said songs of praise was brainwashing propaganda and still got an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's incredible! :laugh: I'm atheist too, but I usually just go for the good ol' (typical) Catholic answer :P

ReputationRep:
    Haha oh my indeed... Both religions have the same stance on certain topics, especially Roman Catholics... So i get muddled up so much! Lol
    Lol I find part C - give 4 reasons - the hardest, my brain comes up with at most 2 reasons.
    For opinion question for one reason i pretend to be Christian and muslim for the other ... Haha it works.
    Ooh... Mine is a 100% exam - this one counts for my whole grade, not terrified at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That something is revision. Revision needs to happen!
    Don't I know it. I'm going to practise an English response today and revise RS topic 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Haha oh my indeed... Both religions have the same stance on certain topics, especially Roman Catholics... So i get muddled up so much! Lol
    Lol I find part C - give 4 reasons - the hardest, my brain comes up with at most 2 reasons.
    For opinion question for one reason i pretend to be Christian and muslim for the other ... Haha it works.
    Ooh... Mine is a 100% exam - this one counts for my whole grade, not terrified at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For the 4 reasons it's usually me just babbling on about how The Catechism says it, The Pope, some random Saint and a random ethical point haha! & wow that's crazy! You'll be fine don't worry

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.