Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Guttted, but good luck to the guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    You don't sound too convinced, but you're absolutely right. If your new coach is decent of course.
    Well it's not the biggest news you could hear but it's still good news for us if it means we are to reduce the amount of injuries we've had.I'd trade less injuries over Cesc tbh since the presence of Walcott + Ramsey could have given us those 6/7 points we narrowly missed.

ReputationRep:
    What a muppet
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    There's **** all Fabregas could've done tbh. Not many teams would pay the asking price, and the team he wants/loves to join rejected the chance to sign him.

It's just funny watching the Arsenal fans weep and blame both their former captain and their board for ****ing things up... and essentially handing Chelsea a team with Costa, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Fabregas and Matic in the same line-up.
    It's not Cesc's fault, it's Arsene's.

Anyone who blames Cesc is a ****ing idiot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weeknd5000)
    What a muppet
    I'm pretty sure that is a made up quote! It seemed to appear around the time people were suggesting he might move.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Who cares, loyalty in football is dead. Everyone does it to everyone, no point taking the piss. Can't be arsed to care about silly transfers any more.
    It has nothing to do with loyalty since we were the ones who rejected him.

ReputationRep:
    I read his dull statement and he said he wanted us, but we didn't want him. He was forced out of Barca and had nowhere else to go really, so I can't hold too much against him - he has to think of his career.

Still hurts though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    LOL, Wenger.

I'm not even agree about it. I cooled down a few days ago tbf.

I will be ****ing furious though if we end up with some Park/Bendtner/Santos type of players.

You have got to do a ting now Arsene.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow. No Break-Down today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Wow. No Break-Down today?
    I don't know what's happened to me! I'm relatively chill about it. I think that is on the basis that we go out and do what we need to do, if not Arsene needs a slap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why people are slating him for joining Chelsea, he's in the prime of his career. Where else would he have gone?

It wasn't Cesc's first choice to go to Chelsea, rather he intended to return to Arsenal, only to find out that we were not interested. Not much he could have done then. Wenger had the opportunity to bring him back but turned it down. We've got a pretty decent midfield which needs to be boosted with a more defensive minded player, a skill set which Cesc may not have been able to provide.

The club that will regret this the most is Barcelona, he's been pretty solid for them since he arrived and yet they sold him because of their ego and the fans who think they know better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    It has nothing to do with loyalty since we were the ones who rejected him.
    Twitter generally disagrees, but then again Twitter's comprised entirely of clueless muppets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    I don't know what's happened to me! I'm relatively chill about it. I think that is on the basis that we go out and do what we need to do, if not Arsene needs a slap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good that's the way forward. Wenger isn't that retarded, he's got something I reckon. Giroud even confirmed that you can expect another striker next season. Since we won the FA Cup I've been so chilled, if we didn't win then I'd be on verge of suicide.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  10304499_681950545193292_8575422554053735152_n.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  43.9 KB
    Dat Burnnnnnnnnnnnn

But before you idiots blame him read his statement.

Firstly I would like to thank everyone at FC Barcelona where I enjoyed 3 wonderful years. It was my childhood club and I will always be proud and honoured that I had a chance to play for such a great team.

I do feel that I have unfinished business in the Premier League and now is the right time for me to return. Yes, everyone knows that Arsenal had the first option to sign me. They decided not to take this option and therefore it wasn't meant to be. I wish them well in the future.

I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice. They match my footballing ambitions with their hunger and desire to win trophies. They have an amazing squad of players and an incredible manager. I am fully committed to this team and I can't wait to start playing.

It was extremely important to me that this transfer was completed before the World Cup so that my mind will only be focused on hopefully helping my country try to retain the trophy.

ReputationRep:
    Hurts, but I could see it coming. Hope Arsene does a madness now.. He better do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Good that's the way forward. Wenger isn't that retarded, he's got something I reckon. Giroud even confirmed that you can expect another striker next season. Since we won the FA Cup I've been so chilled, if we didn't win then I'd be on verge of suicide.
    Not sure about that one! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Poor Arsenal fans... burn those shirts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Poor Arsenal fans... burn those shirts
    No one in here is having a conniption, it's more disappointment than anything else.

As for shirts, Cesc hasn't been at the club for 3 seasons, most of those shirts would be in landfill by now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wenger better know something we don't know.

(Original post by gottahaveit)
    Include the big games and tell us how many points from how many games

otherwise that's just a vague nothing statement lol
    No, it isn't a vague statement. If you want to take it out of context about my point, that's your prerogative.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I actually feel like crying omg wtf Cesc.

ReputationRep:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.