The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got an interview for PPL at Christ Church!!! Eep I didn't think they would send them out this early but maybe because I'm an international (from the US) they hurried it up a bit more for me?

Anyways, this means that PPL and EP invites should be on their way soon! Good luck to everyone else, I'm actually shaking
Reply 7441
Has anyone heard from Exeter college yet? I am applying for English
has anyone heard from st peter's for history yet?
Original post by Mld120
I can't remember the exact numbers (they're online somewhere), but last year in Oxford out of ~1000 applicants, ~400 got interviews... So less than half 😅

Really? That seems so few
Anyone heard about History and Modern Languages yet? I'm going crazy here...
Reply 7445
Hi, has anyone heard from Modern Languages? I'm applying from French and Beginners' Russian, but I haven't heard anything yet. Thanks :smile:
Reply 7446
Original post by TheHumbleWhelk
Anyone heard about History and Modern Languages yet? I'm going crazy here...

Which language? :smile:
How do you know if you get pooled?
Reply 7448
Original post by cathyobrien98
Yeah I think only like 7 colleges offer it because its a bit random! Ah cool! you're lucky my school doesn't offer archaeology :frown: I take Art, Geography and English Lit :smile: What other unis did you apply to?

yeah im not surprised tbh every time i tell people i do it they're just like ... plus it was super difficult at the beginning because of the huge learning curve

ooh nice! i can imagine they will really like the fact that you do geography bc as far as i know a large part of the first year is landscape archaeology or something. i've applied to kcl, ucl, edinburgh and goldsmiths. what about you?
Original post by TaliaG
Hi, has anyone heard from Modern Languages? I'm applying from French and Beginners' Russian, but I haven't heard anything yet. Thanks :smile:

No! I need to hear back! I'm so nervous but the suspense is killing me :frown:
Original post by TaliaG
Which language? :smile:
Spanish
Original post by SadieSG
has anyone heard from st peter's for history yet?

I know of someone who has received an interview
Reply 7452
Original post by LanguageLover234
No! I need to hear back! I'm so nervous but the suspense is killing me :frown:

Me too :frown: Which language(s) are you applying for, and at which college?
Reply 7453
Original post by TheHumbleWhelk
Spanish

Good luck!

Thank you! A bit worried though, as I haven't been emailed about if I've got an interview or not! :frown:
https://youtu.be/ZQ7oqmikZDQ?t=47s

My soundtrack of choice
Original post by lookitsbeccy
How do you know if you get pooled?

THey will email you, I think
Original post by chsdg
yeah im not surprised tbh every time i tell people i do it they're just like ... plus it was super difficult at the beginning because of the huge learning curve

ooh nice! i can imagine they will really like the fact that you do geography bc as far as i know a large part of the first year is landscape archaeology or something. i've applied to kcl, ucl, edinburgh and goldsmiths. what about you?

Oh right we applied to completely different ones! I did Manchester, Bristol, Exeter and UEA. Where are you from? Because I live in London so I didn't want to apply to like goldsmiths, UCL, kcl or Soas, which is annoying because I really liked all their courses.
Original post by Someone in TSR
Invited for PPE by Keble. So happy- and I really thought that the TSA went horrible.

Well done mate! What are your grades?
Original post by nichole199810
Anyone heard from Christ Church?

Original post by colty
Lols, just called them, never been spoken to over the phone so rudely hahaha

I got an email from Christ Church around half 3 today
...Got invited for interview for straight maths!
Needless to say I was pretty gassed!
However, putting that to the side, I believe invites have started and hopefully you shall hear soon

Latest

Trending

Trending