ReputationRep:
    My computer has gone crazy apologies

ReputationRep:
    Delete

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR

(Original post by DaringDaniel)
    I'm a little perplexed here I did 2 of each science 1-3 and 4-6 all higher and then the 3 lots of coursework.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I did. It sounds like you did core and additional. Basically you get an overall grade for the core. And overall in additional. Each exam was 25 percent of your gcse 1-3 was 75 plus coursework of 25. The same for the other one. You have a spare coursework as they pick your best grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pix2015)
    Posted from TSR

That's what I did. It sounds like you did core and additional. Basically you get an overall grade for the core. And overall in additional. Each exam was 25 percent of your gcse 1-3 was 75 plus coursework of 25. The same for the other one. You have a spare coursework as they pick your best grades.
    I did triple however people from my school who did the double award did it this way because it basically gives you 3 chances to get good grades as opposed to 2,as you said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatthewP15)
    I did triple however people from my school who did the double award did it this way because it basically gives you 3 chances to get good grades as opposed to 2,as you said.
    Yeah our triple was with Edexcel if that helps at all? We might be on different exam boards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmajones12770)
    Yeah our triple was with Edexcel if that helps at all? We might be on different exam boards?
    Ah ours was AQA, triple and double both did the same however people in the bottom few sets did cambridge nationals.

ReputationRep:
    Ah ours was AQA, triple and double both did the same however people in the bottom few sets did cambridge nationals.
    Ah i see, we were all edexcel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmajones12770)
    Ah i see, we were all edexcel
    Nope I was aqa and I did core and additional. I have no idea how you can possibly sit 6 exams and still do triple science

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you get an overall physics, chemistry and biology grade or do you get core, additional and further additional?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR

Sorry for sounding like a idiot but what is core and what is the additional?

It doesn't make 100% though I heard 1-3 was like circa 35% and 4-6 circa 45% and remaining coursework on top.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for sounding like a idiot but what is core and what is the additional?

It doesn't make 100% though I heard 1-3 was like circa 35% and 4-6 circa 45% and remaining coursework on top.
    Firstly I did aqa so it may be an exam board thing.

Basically core science is where you sit unit one of biology, chemistry and physics. These together add up to 75 % you also do an open exam called an isa this is worth 25% totalling to 100%.

Additional science is the same apart from you sit the unit 2 exams and have to do another isa and these all add up to 100%

Core and additional are two different gcse's but both science related. I have no idea what you are talking about

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hate my phone!

ReputationRep:
    Firstly I did aqa so it may be an exam board thing.

Basically core science is where you sit unit one of biology, chemistry and physics. These together add up to 75 % you also do an open exam called an isa this is worth 25% totalling to 100%.

Additional science is the same apart from you sit the unit 2 exams and have to do another isa and these all add up to 100%

Core and additional are two different gcse's but both science related. I have no idea what you are talking about

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I understand you are these 2 seperate qualifications though as I did core plus additional?

ReputationRep:
    Anyway I hope I do well as I expect all A's in sciences.

ReputationRep:
    I understand you are these 2 seperate qualifications though as I did core plus additional?
    Yes they are two separate qualifications. In August you will get your results that should read

Science *grade
    science additional *grade

ReputationRep:
    LSE Summer School finished

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are two separate qualifications. In August you will get your results that should read

Science *grade
    science additional *grade

Okay thank you

I just thought it was all combined together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by irfan_blue)
    LSE Summer School finished

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr...)
    How was it?
    AMAZING I can't describe it well enough. Was so hard to say goodbye to amazing people I met as we were all like-minded people ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by irfan_blue)
    AMAZING I can't describe it well enough. Was so hard to say goodbye to amazing people I met as we were all like-minded people ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What did you do there (it sounds really good)?

If you don't mind can you send me a link to the application for or the website :angel:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.