Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    I'm researching about Xenotransplantation as part of my assignment and a question got me thinking. I'd like to know the Islamic viewpoint to this, I know that pigs are impure but if a patient was in need of a kidney, would it be permissible?
    This goes into it the topic of using haram animal parts to replace parts of the body https://islamqa.info/en/93212

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    Not too bad, Alhumdulillah. Looking forward to a wedding today

Nice. How was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha_tah)
    Jazakallah everyone ameen

How are you all.today?
    BarakAllahu Feeki.

I am doing good alhamdulillah. I hope you are doing good too, insha'Allah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    This goes into it the topic of using haram animal parts to replace parts of the body https://islamqa.info/en/93212
    JZK, got what I was looking for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    JZK, got what I was looking for.
    BarakAllahu Feeki.

ReputationRep:
    Hi assalaamu alaikum sisters n bros,

Could I make a duaa request? My sibling is really unwell, she has all the symptoms of a liver problem. She has never drank (obviously since we're Muslim) so we are not sure of the cause, however we want this treated as soon as possible and she's due for a blood test. Please pray to Allah for her that she can be treated or cured as soon as possible.

Does anyone know of any specific herbal stuff for he liver, or ruqya/duaas for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)

Could I make a duaa request? My sibling is really unwell, she has all the symptoms of a liver problem. She has never drank (obviously since we're Muslim) so we are not sure of the cause, however we want this treated as soon as possible and she's due for a blood test. Please pray to Allah for her that she can be treated or cured as soon as possible.

Does anyone know of any specific herbal stuff for he liver, or ruqya/duaas for it?
    Walaykum asalaam sis.

I'm sorry to hear that. May Allah grant her shifa and a quick recovery. Ameen.

Tell her to read this dua daily:

ReputationRep:

Wasalam

That sounds horrible. Insha'Allah she recovers quickly.
    May Allah make it easy for her and give her a swift recovery.

Will keep her in my duas x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Wa'alaykumasalaam.

I am sorry to hear that. May Allah grant her shifa and may He grant your family sabr.

ReputationRep:

Walaykumsalam sister,

There are a many of causes of liver problems, [if that is what the condition is], and a number of different liver conditions. From my experience on hospital wards, many of these can be managed, even if not cured - though many can also be cured. However, there is little information bywhich to say anything, as i don't know if she's travelled recently etc, and i will allow the doctors to do their job and i assume this is all confidential nonetheless.

She is in my dua's sister, i understand this may be a really difficult time for you and your family. Nothing wrenches the heart more so than what we find our own flesh and blood going through.

In times of illness, i tend to remember Prophet Ayub a.s who made this prayer:

ReputationRep:
    I have this dua but it is more general:

لا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله [ العلي العظيم ] توكلت عَلَى الْحَيِّ الَّذِي لا يَمُوتُ والْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي لَمْ يَتَّخِذْ [ صاحبة ولا ] وَلَداً وَلَمْ يَكُنْ لَهُ شَرِيكٌ فِي الْمُلْكِ وَلَمْ يَكُنْ لَهُ وَلِيٌّ مِنَ الذُّلِّ وَكَبِّرْهُ تَكْبِيراً

“There is neither might not strength except with Allah, the exalted, the magnificent. I rely upon the living who will not be dying, and All praise be to Allah Who has not betaken wife or son, Who has no partner in the sovereignty, nor does He have any protecting friend through dependence, And Magnify Him with all magnificence.”

[A dua of The Messenger of Allah s.a.w, from al Kafi, graded hasan-like saheeh]

ReputationRep:

wa'alaykum Assalaam

Really sorry to hear that. May Allah grant her shifa and bless His mercy on Her. Ameen. Along with reciting the dua and keeping trust in Allah swt,
    She should aim for a healthy diet and exercise regularly Insha'Allah. Beets, carrots, cabbage , raw vegetables, garlic, ginger/green tea, turmeric (in food or in milk), Avocado, Grapefruit intake as part of her diet is beneficial for the liver naturally. Black seed oil, I have known is to be good for liver health (consult with doctors in case though).

ReputationRep:

Well, from my limited knowledge [and really it is best for the doctor to give medications here and ascertain what is going on, so don't take my words with any major authority, i'm only a student] if someone is young [by this i mean under 30-40ish and is not a consumer of alcohol with liver problems, the first few key things we suspect are possible infections - this can be through human contact, contamination /travel in certain countries with outbreaks of certain viruses.

And really, that's maybe why they did a blood test, in order to rule that out, or maybe also just measure the liver function. Without knowing what sort of symptoms she has, or the likely diagnosis, it's not really wise to self-medicate with herbal medication[ i'm not really sure how much benefit hat would have]

If things are getting bad, maybe take her to A and E, but i'm assuming he/she is not currently in hospital, as if she was, they would give her medication if she required it. I'm a little surprised the doctor didn't suggest any medication [or prescribe any] to deal with some of the symptoms your sibling is facing.

Obviously, i'm not sure if this actually is a liver problem, and inshAllah, the test results they get back can help to shed light on what may be causing this and your sibling can then inshAllah be given the actual medication she requires right away [if she would need any]. If in doubt, go straight back to the doctors or A and E.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Walaykumsalam sister,

There are a many of causes of liver problems, [if that is what the condition is], and a number of different liver conditions. From my experience on hospital wards, many of these can be managed, even if not cured - though many can also be cured. However, there is little information bywhich to say anything, as i don't know if she's travelled recently etc, and i will allow the doctors to do their job and i assume this is all confidential nonetheless.

She is in my dua's sister, i understand this may be a really difficult time for you and your family. Nothing wrenches the heart more so than what we find our own flesh and blood going through.

In times of illness, i tend to remember Prophet Ayub a.s who made this prayer:

wa alaikum salaam bro. Thanks so much for helping, btw my sister travelled to somalia before this started, could that have caused it?

I will tell my sister to read that dua, jazakallah Khair

ReputationRep:
    wa alaikum salaam bro. Thanks so much for helping, btw my sister travelled to somalia before this started, could that have caused it?

I can not say for certain, but according to what we were taught if someone has had a recent travel history, especially to countries like Somalia, or even Pakistan, places in India etc, that is something that is certainly worth investigating and it is common for people who have travelled and who have liver problems not soon after, to have picked up some sort of infection. Sometimes, you can travel, and the infection can only start to really take effects weeks after you come back. So you come back home, feel fine, and then it might hit.

With the greatest of respects to Somalia [and even pakistan, india] there is very poor sanitation, especially with the water systems and food etc.

I again must say, when the blood test comes back, it should shed more light on what this may be, and the last thing i want to do is begin to speculate on incomplete information, but because you say she has recently travelled, and has signs of liver problems, and has also been given a blood test, it might be some sort of viral ilness.

Here's some information on Hepatitis A - which is spread through poor sanitation and the like, especially in developing countries: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hepatit...roduction.aspx
    If it is this, it usually gets better on its own after a while.

However, i will stop speculating and i believe the results of the blood tests will give an answer inshAllah. But if you notice she gets worse at all in any way, see a doctor. I emphasise that these are just differential ideas of what it could be, but i have incomplete information, and so do not put weight onto what i say, and follow your doctors guidelines and what they say it may be, especially when the blood results return.

I pray for her health and recovery, and also for you as a family to endure during this difficult time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A random post on Facebook)
    Scholar: Many of the scholars didn't deem raising of the hands before and after ruku a recommended part of Salah.

FBman: So dont they know the saheeh hadith by ibn Umar?

Scholar: Thx, oh can you help me with the ruling of a person who intends to sell his home and decides to make someone his agent then the agent himself wants to buy it through instalments but doesnt live next to him?

FBman: bro Im not a scholar!

Scholar: Thnx!
    - Courtesy of a random post on Facebook.

ReputationRep:

Her travel to somalia could be related to her ailment.
    But inshaAllah she will get a swift recovery. Read quran for her and get her to the doc, take nothing lightly.

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu aleykum.

Is it just me or when you have higher imaan you feel happier and more content? These past few days I've been feeling so happy lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    Assalamu aleykum.

Is it just me or when you have higher imaan you feel happier and more content? These past few days I've been feeling so happy lol
    Wa'aleykum Assalaam

The sweetness of Imaan is a beautiful thing, and if it gives me a buzz if I am on point with my Ibadah persistently

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.