Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate England Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Gerrard best for us which is saying something (not that he was bad, just no1 was anything special)

Cleverley and Jag were okay, rest were poor.

Oh well, back to real football now.
    :lolwut:

He made a couple of good tackles and that's about it. To be fair, not exactly his fault since he was being played way out of position but still.

So many misplaced passes from everyone it's quite frankly laughable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    It is so simple though. I think your average FM player would be able to do a better job on the tactical side at the very least.
    Yep.

But he will probably come out praising Milner like he is Messi and saying he admired how Cleverley plays on the wing and he looks to use them like that in the future, such are our managers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    It is so simple though. I think your average FM player would be able to do a better job on the tactical side at the very least.
    Its not even tactical genius required it just being flexible. He's not got to create some Barca unravelling master plan, just be tactically aware enough to create an individual plan for each game and tweak it. He's got plenty of time to ****ing think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    :lolwut:

He made a couple of good tackles and that's about it.
    Have trouble with English?

Understand what the word 'okay' means?

ReputationRep:
    Have trouble with English?

Understand what the word 'okay' means?
    I was picking issue with the fact that you've picked out Cleverley as 'okay' when he was pretty much par on everyone else (i.e. poor).

Nice to see Hart taking the blame. **** knows what he was doing though.

ReputationRep:
    I was picking issue with the fact that you've picked out Cleverley as 'okay' when he was pretty much par on everyone else.
    Not at all.

Fullbacks were awful, Defoe did **** all, Hart wasnt good, Both CBs made large mistakes. Cleverley played better than all of them overall.

ReputationRep:
    Yep.

But he will probably come out praising Milner like he is Messi and saying he admired how Cleverley plays on the wing and he looks to use them like that in the future, such are our managers.
    if he says that he should be sacked on the spot.

poor, poor performance, players were ineffectual out of position, Hart shown up yet again as being prone to errors (seriously, had that been De Gea the press would lynch him!), Milner is just rubbish full stop, how he is even in the squad for us is beyond me, Oxlade Chamberlin at least has bloody pace.

and let's not forget Lescott the ball watcher, **** me was he poor again! Carrick was poor today as well.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all.

Fullbacks were awful, Defoe did **** all, Hart wasnt good, Both CBs made large mistakes. Cleverley played better than all of them overall.
    Nothing to do with the fact that he plays for Manchester United then? :rolleyes:

Milner/Cleverley should not be in the National team. If Cleverley didn't play for United he would be no where near the senior squad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Its not even tactical genius required it just being flexible. He's not got to create some Barca unravelling master plan, just be tactically aware enough to create an individual plan for each game and tweak it. He's got plenty of time to ****ing think about it.
    He could even just play FM to see how his ****ty tactics might work and more likely fail.

There is absolutely no ****ing point playing 4 central midfielders as a wide, flat 4. You don't control the ball and you offer no threat down the wings. It is obvious to a child which is why they don't do it on FIFA ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    He could even just play FM to see how his ****ty tactics might work and more likely fail.

There is absolutely no ****ing point playing 4 central midfielders as a wide, flat 4. You don't control the ball and you offer no threat down the wings. It is obvious to a child which is why they don't do it on FIFA ffs.
    He should adopt the FIFA player selection/tactic of 'pace is everything'.

ReputationRep:
    I knew the Rooney being taken off thing would be a talking point :rolleyes: He was awful and completely missed the target when Welbeck played the ball back to him.

ReputationRep:
    He should adopt the FIFA/player selection tactic of 'pace is everything'.
    Tbf we probably would have won that had he adopted those tactics. Pace is even more important in international football than club football because international teams don't have as long to create super organised defenses and tactics. It is why teams with a couple of rapid players can cause havoc!

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahhaahhahahahahahahaha, woy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Tbf we probably would have won that had he adopted those tactics. Pace is even more important in international football than club football because international teams don't have as long to create super organised defenses and tactics. It is why teams with a couple of rapid players can cause havoc!
    I.e. Ox should have been brought on earlier and Lennon shouldn't have been left on the bench

Anyone know why Roy didn't even bother using the last subsitution?

Oh here come the excuses. Knew the pitch would be blamed.

ReputationRep:
    Pleased with a point because we weren't good enough :facepalm2: It is your job to make them ****ing good enough.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to do with the fact that he plays for Manchester United then? :rolleyes:

Milner/Cleverley should not be in the National team. If Cleverley didn't play for United he would be no where near the senior squad.
    :laugh:

How embarrassing, utterly embarrassing. The only way someone can praise Clev is if you.are a United fan? Care to go through comments on this and previous games and see fans of other clubs comments about him?

Please go back and tell me which clubs the players play for what I also said did okay. Cheers or don't, prove your ignorance.

If you think he shouldn't be near the national team you are as clueless as you sound.

ReputationRep:
    oh woy, stop making excuses for England ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Have England been good in possession in a single Hodgson game? Either clinical or just generically good? Perhaps we should just be using a Hodgson average to determine how well England have played.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)

This is a big step for me, but I'm starting to think we should have gone with Redknapp, at least he can play a 4-4-1-1, admittedly that is pretty much his limit but at least he gets it right.

Its so frustrating to see England setting up so poorly. I cannot see what would have changed had we put Lennon on instead of Milner other than having a fast outlet who can deliver and ball and run at defences. The story of going up then sitting deep and losing out is becoming all too familiar.

ReputationRep:
    I said to my mate at half time it would be 1-1, and England would sit back and eventually concede in the 69th minute. Can't believe that actually happened :lol: The odds of that. But it was as clear as day England were going to eventually concede and that Roy would play so defesnively. The man is so inept tactically and selection wise is baffling playing 4 CMs across midfield is unbelievable.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.