• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

(Original post by DoktaUH)
    I would go for this one. e.g. the Doctor picks her up during one of the times that he's away from her, this ties up with Amy having a big secret from him..timey-wimey *voodoo hands*
    I'm still sticking with my theory that the person who dies is

Spoiler:
    Show
    A future iteration of a character like a future doctor, a clone character or some sort of regeneration

Also the big secret that Amy is keeping from him is

Spoiler:
    Show
    She sees a future Doctor, and River sees her see him as well, and tells her to keep it quiet

Think that spoiler came out a few months back^

That ties in with the teaser that everyone on the Tardis is keeping secrets from each other.

EDIT: And now if you look at it and read both those spoilers together, there is a possibility that they are strongly linked. So maybe

Spoiler:
    Show
    She sees the funeral or death of the Doctor

But of course, timey wimey wibbly wobbly will make it alright in the end even though Moffat has said this is 'real'.

ReputationRep:
    I am currently raging at the fact they're using the Doctor Who soundtrack on Total Wipeout...

[Geek mode]

I've been watching the Lodger.

And there's one scene in it.

Where Amy is looking at the screen and talking to the doctor, her gaze moves away and she spots something in the Tardis which she looks at in a sort of fear (whilst scary music plays in the background). She even gives out an involuntary gasp and shudder. And then the Doctor cuts her off and she sort of moves her gaze away.

The reason I'm picking this out is

• When you look at a Silent and then look away, you completely forget you seen one. That is what it does, or part of its power.
    • In the trailer, there's a Silent inside the Tardis.
    • That episode was the Lodger - with the Silents' ship/tardis duplicate.
    • Moffat or somebody (can't recall) has said we only see the show from the characters point of view - or memories, so any sightings of Silents would have been missed by us too as the characters' forgot.
    • Let's not forget that whole Future Doctor wearing a jacket scene. So they do put these little things in the episodes.

The clip in question with the time at the end of the URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwfhtSYSLiM&t=415

It doesn't sound like she is responding to the Doctor because the thing the Doctor is talking about isn't particularly bad compared to what just happened in the scene. It's just the way she acts.

Maybe I'm just seeing things. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Also the big secret that Amy is keeping from him is

Spoiler:
    Show
    She sees a future Doctor, and River sees her see him as well, and tells her to keep it quiet
    I was leaning to the same sort of thing too. After Spaceship UK, this Doctor won't stand for other people deciding what he should or shouldn't know, but with River we know he won't take spoilers for his future either.

ReputationRep:
    Mark Gatiss' episode is in the modern day about a boy with OCD whose family disappears. He thinks it's because he's frightened of things, the Doctor comes and tells him that he's right.

ReputationRep:
    [Geek mode]

I've been watching the Lodger.

And there's one scene in it.

Where Amy is looking at the screen and talking to the doctor, her gaze moves away and she spots something in the Tardis which she looks at in a sort of fear (whilst scary music plays in the background). She even gives out an involuntary gasp and shudder. And then the Doctor cuts her off and she sort of moves her gaze away.

The reason I'm picking this out is

• When you look at a Silent and then look away, you completely forget you seen one. That is what it does, or part of its power.
    • In the trailer, there's a Silent inside the Tardis.
    • That episode was the Lodger - with the Silents' ship/tardis duplicate.
    • Moffat or somebody (can't recall) has said we only see the show from the characters point of view - or memories, so any sightings of Silents would have been missed by us too as the characters' forgot.
    • Let's not forget that whole Future Doctor wearing a jacket scene. So they do put these little things in the episodes.

The clip in question with the time at the end of the URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwfhtSYSLiM&t=415

It doesn't sound like she is responding to the Doctor because the thing the Doctor is talking about isn't particularly bad compared to what just happened in the scene. It's just the way she acts.

Maybe I'm just seeing things. :holmes:
    I think you may be onto something. Good spot!

It looks like these are pics from episode 8, after the break so obviously these people won't be dying (or will be coming back in some way or another but that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad news for the other person not in it?)

Anyway spoilers http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/04/04/new-...ilming-pics-2/

(Original post by sleekchic)
    It looks like these are pics from episode 8, after the break so obviously these people won't be dying (or will be coming back in some way or another but that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad news for the other person not in it?)

Anyway spoilers http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/04/04/new-...ilming-pics-2/
    Doesn't look bad in denim. No sir. :coma:

ReputationRep:

Oh look, ANOTHER new BBC America trailer with a few new bits. Do they get dissatisfied with what they've got really easily or something? Mark Sheppard's VO on their trailers is starting to annoy me, as is the constant re-use of "Trust me, I'm The Doctor" which doesn't fit, sound-wise, with what's being said before...

ReputationRep:
    American trailers, especially 'next episode' ones always really annoy me. They are basically a shortened version of the coming episode. Absolutely full of spoilers.

ReputationRep:
    What are you "Erm, what?"ing at? It may have been my misuse of 'famous' when I should have said 'infamous'.

Nearly every episode of Doctor Who has a deus ex machina, and yes, the show is (in)famous for that. Unless you're disputing that the Doctor does not magically get out situations with on the spot, suddenly remembered, technobabble and a screwdriver that does everything?

Episodes where a deus ex machina has not been used are episodes like The Beast Below.

Episodes were there was a blatant use of the plot device and when it didn't work, wasn't interesting and did not make sense - Doctor-Donna fiddling about with controls and controlling all the Daleks via remote in Journey's End.

Now, this being science fiction, there is always that element, or use of a deus ex machina. But it is used in nearly every episode, and that shouldn't be a surprise to any fan of the show. As for timey wimey, I agree it is time to give it a rest. Moffat seems to think by his use of 'timey wimey' he has differentiated himself clearly from RTD's 'epic' finales. But now that he's going to be using it a lot more, it's going to get boring. He's already said it will be in the first two parter, it will no doubt also feature in the finales.

And yes, they should do something new. Or at least, put a spin on the timey wimey stuff.
    It's interesting how Journey's End used some control panel thing that happened to stop, humiliate and destroy the Daleks, and was one of the most popular episodes of series 4, and The Beast Below used a half clever storyline and was one of the least popular episodes of series 5 :gah: My favourite storyline last series though was Amy's Choice.

Both RTD and SM have done a fair amount of deus ex machina with their storylines, but I think I prefer SM's timey-wimey stuff to RTD's just ridiculous answers to plots (series 3 finale...urgh...nuff said). If I time traveller I would be sending notes and messages to my past self and others all the time :ahee: I really, really do not like it though when the Doctor uses his legendary status to scare off enemies (Forest of the Dead, The Eleventh Hour). None of those this series please!

(Original post by LastLordofTime)

Oh look, ANOTHER new BBC America trailer with a few new bits. Do they get dissatisfied with what they've got really easily or something? Mark Sheppard's VO on their trailers is starting to annoy me, as is the constant re-use of "Trust me, I'm The Doctor" which doesn't fit, sound-wise, with what's being said before...
    Most interesting scene is at 20s, really hard to pause it as it's super quick, but there's a Silence closing the door with a hysterical Amy in there :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    Most interesting scene is at 20s, really hard to pause it as it's super quick, but there's a Silence closing the door with a hysterical Amy in there :teeth:
    That is, apparently, the dreaded "White House Bathroom Scene".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    That is, apparently, the dreaded "White House Bathroom Scene".
    Finally got a pic, took a good 5 minutes of pausing :gah:

(Original post by Phobia27)
    Finally got a pic, took a good 5 minutes of pausing :gah:

Thought I recognised that shot...

Moffat: “Always in Doctor Who, you want something to conquer the world otherwise it’s a bit disappointing. But why don’t we ever remember? I just thought, ‘Well, what about a creature that can make you forget?’ I think that’s a cool idea. Once you’ve gone back downstairs, you can’t remember if there was something upstairs. I think that’s scary.”
    Sort of 'official' source now from a press release (I think). And you have to agree, it's just as scary as the Weeping Angels.

This series will be split into a run of seven episodes and then six later in the year:

Steven: “Oh yes, you’ll get a cliffhanger. In fact, you’re going to get several cliffhangers. You had two just there. And you’re going to get a couple of real belters. Not just episode seven. Episode six is an absolute cracker, isn’t it? If you run for 13 weeks you can start to feel as though you can miss one ep and it’ll be OK. We don’t want that – we stop for a few weeks and let you all worry about what’s happening and then come back. Of course we get then two finales and two first nights.”

Arthur: “It really makes it hard to talk about it though, because there’s so many secrets and so many cliffhangers. It’s all linked.”

Matt: “At the end of six…we read it and went, ‘Oh my God!”
    So excited. :teeth:

I think I'll try and actively stay away from spoilers.

ReputationRep:
    So many cliffhangers, so many secrets and mysteries, so much timey-wimey stuff, reminds me of Lost :p:

ReputationRep:
    Read some spoilers on digitalspy :ashamed2:

:ashamed:

(Original post by haleem)
    Read some spoilers on digitalspy :ashamed2:

:ashamed:
    :whip:

Think I read what you've read. If I've read what you've read...

It makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    :whip:

Think I read what you've read. If I've read what you've read...

It makes no sense.
    Did you read something about two... :ninja:

All I know is that DW is ****ing with my mind at the moment :woo:

(Original post by haleem)
    Did you read something about two... :ninja:

All I know is that DW is ****ing with my mind at the moment :woo:
    Yes, I did ... :ninja: but lets not ruin it for anyone here. :ninja:

I don't think it's real. But if it is, my mind is being crushed trying to figure it out. Not only that, but if it is real, and this only the first two episodes - what's to come when it is time for the proper cliffhangers?! :zomg:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.