Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite happy with my results except drama: A*, 8 A's and a C in drama. I was told my coursework was a high B and my performance was going to be at least A. Did anyone else get disappointing results with drama? Also I didn't get a mark out of 200 for maths it just says I got 52 points (which is apparently A) I really want to know what mark I got in maths :/ any way I can find out? Well done everyone by the way!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red one)
    Cheers What did you get?

The C in Art is certainly ruining my TSR cred haha.
    Well compared to you my grades were much lower i got 1A* in Maths 7A's so annoyed 3 marks of an A* in Physics 1B and 3C's but the only thing that matters is I got A's and A* for my a level options

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for AQA GCSE French?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shibucool)
    I got A* was really shocked cos I thought I failed the listening! Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlanAlty)
    If you got the B's in the AS levels you're taking, you're completely fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope. One C in Chemistry which I'm taking. That's the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Have you contacted your sixth form to see if they'll still accept you as you've narrowly missed out? If not, look into a remark for subjects you got a C in, was there a near miss that you could get it up to a B?

Failing both of those, try looking at other sixth form colleges to see if they'll take you on.
    Well, we have to go in for enrolment soon even if we just narrowly missed out.

Do you by any chance know Harrow College? It's the nearest to me but I'm not sure how to actually apply or anything.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by fairplaytoyou)
    Well, we have to go in for enrolment soon even if we just narrowly missed out.

Do you by any chance know Harrow College? It's the nearest to me but I'm not sure how to actually apply or anything.
    No idea I'm afraid. Do they have a website with that information on it? Otherwise, give them a call.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going in to year 11 in a few weeks and got an A* in core science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denso)
    Your teacher is unable to guarantee you with UMS before results have been posted on results day, the 92 UMS would of been an estimate. Grade boundaries and UMS are staggered so if a lot of people may done really well in the exam the grade boundaries will be extremely high. However, if you got 60 out of 64 it is very unlikely that you would achieve 83 UMS. Get in touch with your exams administrator at your school.
    Ok, I have enrolment day tomorrow, I'll ask and see. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry: A*
    Religious Education: A*
    Biology: A
    Maths: A
    Physics: A
    DT Graphics: B
    English Language: B
    Citizenship: B
    English Literature: C
    History: C
    French: C

In Unit 3 Sciences, the May 2013 exams, somehow I managed 100% UMS (A*'s) on all three, a real shock. As it turns out, the countless hours of revision every night paid off! The ISA result for Biology was a bit disappointing (a D), probably holding my grade back a bit, but oh well. I'm really happy with Graphics, always liked the subject but hated the exams more than any others, just glad my coursework grade balanced out my exam result.

The only ones I'm really disappointed about are History and English Literature, because I'm taking History at college and it made me question my suitability to the subject. I'm sure I've nothing to worry about, because I enjoy History a lot and I still meet the entry requirements.

A-Level choices: Maths, Chemistry, Biology and either History/Computing. Looking to go into a career in medical science perhaps, but in recent months I've taken up an interest in computing so maybe that's an option for university and a later career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairplaytoyou)
    Nope. One C in Chemistry which I'm taking. That's the problem.
    At my college anyway, you couldn't take anything (like science and maths, obviously things such as geography, you didn't even need the GCSE) unless you got a B. Especially with Chemistry, I know people that have gone from an A at GCSE to a C/D/E. Unless you need it, I would suggest trying something else, it's very hard. Or you could retake it whilst doing the AS, which basically means you're definitely going to at least get an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kill3er)
    What happens is if there is a trend that the controlled assessments are marked too generously/harshly then everyone in the class gets moved down/up by x amount. If there is no trend then the school are asked to send back more papers for checking.
    Oh, so there's no point in asking them to check to see if it is correct or not then, is it? Oh gosh, I hate my life

ReputationRep:
    A^ Further maths
    A* Maths, Chemistry (and Physics if my ISA gets sorted out)
    A Biology

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to interrupt guys but congratulations to everyone today! If you got what you want- awesome!- and if not don't worry I got ridiculously average GCSEs (A*AAABBBBBBCC) and just finished A Levels with A*A*B and I'm off to UCL in September so long story short, GCSEs aren't the be all end all just work hard and you'll get there!

ReputationRep:
    Yayy:awesome: I'm so relieved,I hope everyone got what they wanted :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    English language A*
    Biology A*
    Chemistry A*
    Physics A*
    Italian A*
    Religious studies A*
    English literature A
    maths A
    french A
    art A
    Geography B

So happy with geography because I got an E in my coursework so I just said to hell with this exam and gave up , so I was so happy with the b . I'm disspointed with art though because I made so much of an effort just got an A (249 ums)

ReputationRep:
    I got an A, was expecting an A* though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJaymyers98)
    I'm going in to year 11 in a few weeks and got an A* in core science
    well done and i got an a was 2 ums marks away from an a* which is annoying x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toomanyquestions)
    Congratulations on your amazing results!! Ofsted shmofsted, their judgements of a school are often so disproportionate to how happy the students are as well :/ Grrr... My school (state comp) has been declared satisfactory the last two visits but we had brilliant results and it's such a lovely atmosphere too. I think 'measuring' schools in the way that they do is wrong and definitely not constructive. I heard that an alternative school assessment group made up of head teachers trying to HELP others schools not destroy them are emerging and they've called themselves 'Insted'. Genius!
    My school is "Outstanding". :lol: it's not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a B which is great seeming though my school said i was predicted a C what did you get ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.