Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    True. If we do get him it's gonna practically be deadline day. But since he's banned for the first six games, it doesn't make a difference when we buy him.

Paper rumours saying that Arsenal are rekindling their interest in Rooney. Obviously Chelsea would be his preferred destination but he has gotta to be someone we strongly pursue as an alternative to Suarez. Him or Suarez? Either is good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would love to have Rooney but I question if Wenger handle Rooney when even SAF was struggling towards the end to get him fit and motivated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You know, maybe it's just me but I honestly think you guys need to be more patient. In January, people were crying out for Wenger to get players like Yanga-Mbiwa, Sissoko, Ba, Llorente and others. In the end we got Monreal on deadline day which was all we needed at the time. He came straight into the first team and didn't look out of place at all.

We started the transfer window with loads of deadweight and a massive budget, now we've got barely any deadweight and still have a month to act upon the budget. Keep the faith, criticise Wenger on 2nd of September, just don't question his credentials when the window isn't even over.

ReputationRep:
    What happened to Djourou?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    You know, maybe it's just me but I honestly think you guys need to be more patient. In January, people were crying out for Wenger to get players like Yanga-Mbiwa, Sissoko, Ba, Llorente and others. In the end we got Monreal on deadline day which was all we needed at the time. He came straight into the first team and didn't look out of place at all.

We started the transfer window with loads of deadweight and a massive budget, now we've got barely any deadweight and still have a month to act upon the budget. Keep the faith, criticise Wenger on 2nd of September, just don't question his credentials when the window isn't even over.
    I agree with you. All too often it gets to second day of the transfer window and our fans start crying about Wenger not doing anything.

I do think we need one or two players. But these things take time and they're obviously having a look around for some, so just chill yo' beans and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    What happened to Djourou?
    Went on loan to Hamburg.

ReputationRep:
    The transfer activity is not very exciting for us but the return of the Premier League next week sure is. I can't wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Benteke for £25mill doesn't seem that bad anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Benteke for £25mill doesn't seem that bad anymore
    He's signed a new contract with Villa so is staying for at least this season.

If we don't get Suarez, Rooney should be our first target and then Benzema. But we haven't the time to sit back and decide really - because by the time the Suarez fiasco is sorted one way or the other it'll be the end of August at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

If we don't get Suarez, Rooney should be our first target and then Benzema. But we haven't the time to sit back and decide really - because by the time the Suarez fiasco is sorted one way or the other it'll be the end of August at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No chance we could get benzema, the player wouldn't want to come and the club wont want to sell him.

As for Rooney, chelsea are involved so thats the end of that.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    United aren't going to want to sell you Rooney either, so when you factor in an inflated transfer fee, agent fee (his agent is a proper, proper ****), and massive wages, he will work out significantly more expensive than Suarez. Madrid aren't going to sell you their last remaining senior striker and neither is Benzema going to want to leave.

I don't think there are any top strikers left available for Arsenal to sign, Jam mentioned Kiessling before, but he signed a new deal only like a month ago. Wenger has left it too late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    No chance we could get benzema, the player wouldn't want to come and the club wont want to sell him.

As for Rooney, chelsea are involved so thats the end of that.
    So who else is there? I think it's Suarez or nothing (in terms of strikers).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    I would love to have Rooney but I question if Wenger handle Rooney when even SAF was struggling towards the end to get him fit and motivated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think Rooney just doesn't feel appreciated. SAF may have created that feeling on purpose to use it as a tool (which in the end failed to work, or maybe it did work the way he intended, who knows). Wenger would handle him completely differently but quite well I think. Rooney would probably be happier with Wenger. But his wages are too high anyway. Rooney will go to Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    So who else is there? I think it's Suarez or nothing (in terms of strikers).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know, the world is lacking in many real top class strikers tbh.

But we have Chuba Akpom so dw

ReputationRep:
    there's still Jackson Martinez (I've never seen him play)

ReputationRep:
    Firstrowsports banned by VirginMedia ffs. Anyone know if the website has changed their name or any other website where I can watch the Arsenal game?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Firstrowsports banned by VirginMedia ffs. Anyone know if the website has changed their name or any other website where I can watch the Arsenal game?
    use a proxy..http://firstrowproxy.com/..enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    use a proxy..http://firstrowproxy.com/..enjoy
    Legend. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    nice goal

ReputationRep:
    Should have signed Aubameyang

ReputationRep:
    1-0 already, Walcott. Just managed to get the link working in time to see the goal.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.