Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Dictator)
    Good.
    Good? You heartless pig. What have those innocent women and children ever done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Good? You heartless pig. What have those innocent women and children ever done?
    Idk, lived like savages?

Israel is a great and civilised country. Please tell me what the Palestinian barbarians have contributed to civilisation in comparison.

I don't give a hoot about people who vote for terrorists. They have it good in Israel.

ReputationRep:
    Idk, lived like savages?

Israel is a great and civilised country. Please tell me what the Palestinian barbarians have contributed to civilisation in comparison.

I don't give a hoot about people who vote for terrorists. They have it good in Israel.
    Israel has the blood of the innocent on its hands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Israel has the blood of the innocent on its hands
    Savages and terrorists cannot be innocent.

Your Arab bias is playing up.

I back Israel all the way. If they decide to nuke all of Palestine, I would back them.

ReputationRep:
    Israel are obviously to blame

ReputationRep:
    Savages and terrorists cannot be innocent.

Your Arab bias is playing up.

I back Israel all the way. If they decide to nuke all of Palestine, I would back them.
    lol If Iran decided to do the same to Israel nobody would care but america

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    The driving problem is and always has been the colonisation of Palestine which was always the mission of Zionism. Policies of both sides can be criticised from both practical and moral standpoints, but these ultimately only shape the pattern of the conflict rather than drive it. The right of Palestinians to resist their colonisation and dispossession does not, of course, make every act that purports to be part of that resistance right.

Ending a colonial policy does not mean reversing it; trying to do so would be both implausible and wrong. However it requires at least some sort of equality of agreement, and ideally redress as well (the latter most likely requiring a one-state solution, while the former not necessarily).
    They deserve to be colonised and dispossessed.

It's not like they owned the land in the first place, I don't even see the "dispossession".

ReputationRep:
    Idk, lived like savages?

Right, so civilians are to blame? Young children? Women?

I understand if you say you want to kill the terrorist organisations but women and children? Innocent civilians? **** me, you should be on a 'watch-list' of some kind of potential to become a serial killer. You clearly have no empathy whatsoever. Also, you're a hypocrite. You care about the innocents in Israel dying and declare all Palestinians as 'barbaric' for the innocent deaths in Israel...by that logic, is Israel also 'barbaric' as innocent Palestinians are dying?

Oh, wait, no you have selective empathy. Based on your racist views. If the case of that little boy (Muhammed Al Durrah) doesn't evoke anything in you, you are truly a repulsive, nasty little creature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChampEon)
    No, you are a filthy Jew supremacist. Please leave the West immediately.

And don't bother crying pathetic crocodile tears about that being 'anti-semitic' because I'm in fact parodying the drivel you wrote by replacing the word Arab with Jew. Note that Arabs are Semites.

His name says it all.
    'The Dictator' - more like 'Wannabe-the-next-Jewish-tyrant'.

What's funny about him is he hates the Palestinians for doing what Israel does to them. How does that work, exactly?
    That's like me saying 'Don't you, ChampEon, dare come near my darling mother, though I have just killed yours, you TERRORIST!'

(This whole 'terrorist' thing is also just semantics. The Oxford-American-Israel World Dictionary tampers with its meaning as and when it sees fit - not fooling anybody).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkletoo)
    His name says it all.
    'The Dictator' - more like 'Wannabe-the-next-Jewish-tyrant'.

What's funny about him is he hates the Palestinians for doing what Israel does to them. How does that work, exactly?
    That's like me saying 'Don't you, ChampEon, dare come near my darling mother, though I have just killed yours, you TERRORIST!'

(This whole 'terrorist' thing is also just semantics. The Oxford-American-Israel World Dictionary tampers with its meaning as and when it sees fit - not fooling anybody).
    Yeah, I get what you're saying! He's nothing more than a heartless hypocrite.

The only tiny issue I have with what you said is the "he hates the Palestinians for doing what Israel does to them" bit. All Palestinians are doing is trying to survive in their homeland where they are being persecuted as if they're subhuman. There's a blockade on all sides - even the sea - and they have no food, water, electricity or shelter (courtesy of Israeli bombs funded by hardworking US taxpayers). Despite all that, Palestinians haven't turned violent at all. What I'm trying to say is that Palestinians are not even 0.001% as murderous as Israelis.

Thought I should throw in, just in case you weren't aware that stuff like the use of Palestinians as human shields is simply a pile of crap (proof: http://www.newstatesman.com/world-af...stinians-human). The IDF shoots innocent Palestian children and then lies that the kids were throwing stones, whereas Palestinians don't do the same even when Israeli illegal settlers do far worse than stone throwing! It's all so wrong...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    This thread is the equivalent of an Atheist saying:

'What do you think of religion; btw I think Muhammad was a paedophile, a warlord, a mass-murderer and a child molester'

I'm not saying that Atheists should make such a thread (it's clearly immature and insensitive), but a lot of Muslims on this website behave in a way which is very caustic towards other people's religion as well as people who simply question Islam and when people create things such as the ex-Muslim thread in response to this, they then go on to claim that this website is racist and Islamophobic despite their constant antagonism towards everyone else
    So the truth is immature and insensitive?

ReputationRep:
    Replacing the two terms makes for quite interesting reading:

England is a great and civilised country. Please tell me what the Gaelic barbarians have contributed to civilisation in comparison.
    Belgium is a great and civilised country. Please tell me what the Congolese barbarians have contributed to civilisation in comparison.
    Britain/USA/Spain/etc is a great and civilised country. Please tell me what the Native American barbarians have contributed to civilisation in comparison.
    Germany is a great and civilised country. Please tell me what the Polish barbarians have contributed to civilisation in comparison.
    But genocide, mass killing and ethnic cleansing come under 'civilised', apparently, according to The Dictator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChampEon)
    Yeah, I get what you're saying! He's nothing more than a heartless hypocrite.

The only tiny issue I have with what you said is the "he hates the Palestinians for doing what Israel does to them" bit. All Palestinians are doing is trying to survive in their homeland where they are being persecuted as if they're subhuman. There's a blockade on all sides - even the sea - and they have no food, water, electricity or shelter (courtesy of Israeli bombs funded by hardworking US taxpayers). Despite all that, Palestinians haven't turned violent at all. What I'm trying to say is that Palestinians are not even 0.001% as murderous as Israelis.

Thought I should throw in, just in case you weren't aware that stuff like the use of Palestinians as human shields is simply a pile of crap (proof: http://www.newstatesman.com/world-af...stinians-human). The IDF shoots innocent Palestian children and then lies that the kids were throwing stones, whereas Palestinians don't do the same even when Israeli illegal settlers do far worse than stone throwing! It's all so wrong...
    I'm with you. When I said 'Palestinians doing what Israel does to them' - I was referring to instances where they defend themselves/carry out attacks in response to being forced to live in 'the world's largest open-air prison' amongst other atrocities done to them. It boggles the mind how he is happy to express outrage when anything remotely hurtful is done toward the Israelis (and I bet he hates the holocaust too, most likely) yet no Arab life is worth the same respect. At all. Never mind what conditions they are forced to live in, no matter what is stolen from them, no matter if their children are killed, an Arab should just sit and accept it all, according to people like him else they are 'barbarians'.
    What did the kids massacred on the beach one year do to deserve this title 'barbarians'? And Muhammed Al-Durrah?

I don't think so. He's dreaming if he thinks people will sit down and take that.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=thunder_chunky;57588539]It's really not that simple. You cannot simply put blame upon one side or the other. The history is very long, very tangled, and very complicated. Clearly you have your own opinion, and clearly you have just provided a very biased, very

I asked who disagrees with my opinion. Try and understand that first before you reply. I wanted some honest opinions for educational reasons. Simplistic or not. I struggle to see you point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaki Hendrix)

I asked who disagrees with my opinion. Try and understand that first before you reply. I wanted some honest opinions for educational reasons. Simplistic or not. I struggle to see you point.
    You asked for a simple answer to a complicated situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    You asked for a simple answer to a complicated situation.
    I don't remember specifying. Because I didn't.

ReputationRep:
    The Palestinians were gracious enough to accept the Jews at a time in history where NO ONE wanted them in their country. The Arabs took them in and this is how they repay them. Disgusting.

Before raving your pro-Israeli propaganda, do take time to educate yourselves. Facts don't lie. Israel is a terrorist state.

The only reason Israel gets away with all this **** is because Obama is Netanyahu's ***** and congress is filled with zionists.

But f them, the world is waking up and more and more people are recognising Israel and Zionism for what they truly are, racist and despicable.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  50.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pineapplefridge)
    The Palestinians were gracious enough to accept the Jews at a time in history where NO ONE wanted them in their country. The Arabs took them in and this is how they repay them. Disgusting.

Before raving your pro-Israeli propaganda, do take time to educate yourselves. Facts don't lie. Israel is a terrorist state.

The only reason Israel gets away with all this **** is because Obama is Netanyahu's ***** and congress is filled with zionists.

But f them, the world is waking up and more and more people are recognising Israel and Zionism for what they truly are, racist and despicable.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  50.7 KB
    There are layers upon layers of either incomprehension or simple dishonesty in the above, not least of which are the maps which show something which is not actually, you know, true. I hope there are still some people who value truth over propaganda and ignorance.

It opens with a statement which just bears no relationship to reality. It doesn't describe the groups which existed in Palestine in the first half of the 20th century, it doesn't describe the actions of those groups.

The maps meanwhile, are simply, ludicrously, wrong, inventing a new history in which the British Mandate and the Jordanian and Egyptian occupations never actually happened. An accurate map series with these labels would show that the last map is the only one on which green, for the first time ever, would appear, after the concessions to the Palestinian Authority at Oslo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish)
    There are layers upon layers of either incomprehension or simple dishonesty in the above, not least of which are the maps which show something which is not actually, you know, true. I hope there are still some people who value truth over propaganda and ignorance.

It opens with a statement which just bears no relationship to reality. It doesn't describe the groups which existed in Palestine in the first half of the 20th century, it doesn't describe the actions of those groups.

The maps meanwhile, are simply, ludicrously, wrong, inventing a new history in which the British Mandate and the Jordanian and Egyptian occupations never actually happened. An accurate map series with these labels would show that the last map is the only one on which green, for the first time ever, would appear, after the concessions to the Palestinian Authority at Oslo.
    Name:  shrinking_map_palestine_two_state_solution1.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  113.1 KB

Oh so I guess this is ludicrously wrong as well. There a many maps which look like this. Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean it is immediately invalid. I find this evidence believable given what Israel has been doing over the past half a century. And they still continue to build on Palestinian land.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaki Hendrix)
    Name:  shrinking_map_palestine_two_state_solution1.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  113.1 KB

Oh so I guess this is ludicrously wrong as well. There a many maps which look like this. Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean it is immediately invalid. I find this evidence believable given what Israel has been doing over the past half a century. And they still continue to build on Palestinian land.
    You'll note that the maps you posted are labelled very differently from the other ones, and the first map is different as well. This makes the maps not so much outright false as simply misleading, by using the same color to mean very different things on different maps, to give false impressions of continuity and discontinuity.

I've done a quick edit on the maps to make them less misleading.

Name:  shrinking_map_palestine_two_state_solution1 color.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  175.7 KB

There are sill a few problems with the labels, but at least now it is colored so that the colors mean the same thing across the maps. You'll also note that the situation in the second map never actually existed, it was an unrealised proposal.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.