Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookie_m14)
    Do you know if they still have places for their second week? As I'm still at uni during their first week.
    Most probably. I'm already missing 2 weeks of uni for SWs

ReputationRep:
    any advice for blackrock video int? is it just a brief sort of hello who am i thing? for Aladdin solutions.

ReputationRep:
    When you guys send your CVs off for internships/spring weeks what fileformat do you send it in? I heard pdf is good as it cant be amended then, but I feel like my CV looks more presentable in Word.

Word or PDF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Most probably. I'm already missing 2 weeks of uni for SWs
    query above??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FanaticEV)
    When you guys send your CVs off for internships/spring weeks what fileformat do you send it in? I heard pdf is good as it cant be amended then, but I feel like my CV looks more presentable in Word.

Word or PDF?
    I sent all mine in word.

ReputationRep:
    Barclays or Rothschild?

ReputationRep:

Word or PDF?
    PDF
    It's often preferred but if it isn't seated I guess either is fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beufen)
    Barclays or Rothschild?
    If you definitely want to do advisory rothschild but if you ask barclays HR they may allow you to switch weeks so you can do both

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Credit Suisse Technology offer got a Citiquest final round interview on Tuesday as well, and their weeks are at the same time, feel more inclined towards CS for some reason!

Anyone have any opinions on CS vs. citi?

ReputationRep:

Word or PDF?
    I tend to send mine in word but some banks specify that they prefer PDF, (but word is still on the acceptable list).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This sub-forum never fails to ammuse me :lol:

Coal, Navy Blue, Dark Grey Suit w/ black shoes & black belt.

White / light blue shirt (preferably non-double cuffed (but if so.. don't wear a cuff link, for the sake of god)), and a modest tie (not no hershes), and optionally an inexpensive watch.

That's about it and you're good to go
    In the US this would be the case, but not so much in the UK. Very common for the most junior of employees to wear cufflinks and as long as they are not over-extravagant it is not frowned upon either.

ReputationRep:
    And besides, wearing a double cuff shirt without cufflinks might look a little ragged all things considered :P

ReputationRep:

Word or PDF?
    I would always go PDF, it just looks a lot more professional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smile:D)
    I would always go PDF, it just looks a lot more professional.
    Really? I get pdf is better as its universally readable and cant be edited but my CV loos way more professional in word. On pdf it looks kinda tacky-.-

What about covering letter?

ReputationRep:
    Really? I get pdf is better as its universally readable and cant be edited but my CV loos way more professional in word. On pdf it looks kinda tacky-.-

What about covering letter?
    I'd always advocate pdf over word. Also better if you need CV/CL in one document as it's easy to merge PDFs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    CS or UBS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelittlerag)
    CS or UBS?
    CS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelittlerag)
    CS or UBS?
    I've met someone who blames the UBS spring week for not being able to get a summer this year. He said that there was literally no shadowing or anything. It was just learning presentation skills, leadership skills and stuff like that and now at all his ACs, he gets asked technical questions, because he has done a spring week, but UBS didn't teach him any of that.

On the other hand, I've heard a lot of positives for the CS spring week, so I'd go for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 你妈的B)
    Bermudas, flip flops, the works man
    In non-finance tech it's nothing weird to wear such outfit to work

This sub-forum never fails to ammuse me :lol:

Coal, Navy Blue, Dark Grey Suit w/ black shoes & black belt.

White / light blue shirt (preferably non-double cuffed (but if so.. don't wear a cuff link, for the sake of god)), and a modest tie (not no hershes), and optionally an inexpensive watch.

That's about it and you're good to go
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by \/ibhav)
    I've met someone who blames the UBS spring week for not being able to get a summer this year. He said that there was literally no shadowing or anything. It was just learning presentation skills, leadership skills and stuff like that and now at all his ACs, he gets asked technical questions, because he has done a spring week, but UBS didn't teach him any of that.

On the other hand, I've heard a lot of positives for the CS spring week, so I'd go for that.
    Exactly same with barclays didn't really learn anything.

He should just be able to teach himself technical skills, though, tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.