Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    http://www.squawka.com/comparison-ma...al_shots#total

Insane shot to goal ratio
    Now imagine he actually played up front in an attacking team
    Tbh I've bummed on Martial ever since he got here, defended him and said he's the best young attacker since Neymar.

Numbers are repeatable too, conversion rate was virtually the same in the CL this year and Ligue 1 last year. Praying Mourinho sucks the goals out of him like he did with Hazard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Yes because I forgot an entire team's season depends on their Left Back being fit :rolleyes:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Imagine thinking a fullback can win you the league...
    Imagine not recognising how good we were before he got injured, the knock on effects of him being injured, and the fact that this year's title winners were relatively poor

We'd have reached the CL quarters too

ReputationRep:
    Words cannot comprehend how gutted I'm gonna be if we lose on Wednesday.

Although might as well be positive - we're a quality team and we certainly have enough to beat Sevilla. Let's turn a mediocre season in to a great one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Imagine not recognising how good we were before he got injured, the knock on effects of him being injured, and the fact that this year's title winners were relatively poor

We'd have reached the CL quarters too
    Lol your team was playing **** even before Shaw was injured but were grinding out or were lucky with results.

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling optimistic about Wednesday, I'm sure Klopp will drill into the players how it's CL or nothing next season and the lads will be fired up. We saw in the game vs Chelsea how they mostly played within themselves- they all realise how important the final is. It won't be an easy game but that's not a worry as our route to the final has been difficult.

The prospect of getting CL and winning a trophy this season is very exciting considering it's Klopp's first season. Win or lose we've had a good season in the sense that we can see what Klopp is trying to build, I also have faith in him bringing in the required players this summer. If we are without the CL next season we should be challenging for the league (similar to 13/14) and under Klopp I have faith in him to bring it home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I'm feeling optimistic about Wednesday, I'm sure Klopp will drill into the players how it's CL or nothing next season and the lads will be fired up. We saw in the game vs Chelsea how they mostly played within themselves- they all realise how important the final is. It won't be an easy game but that's not a worry as our route to the final has been difficult.

The prospect of getting CL and winning a trophy this season is very exciting considering it's Klopp's first season. Win or lose we've had a good season in the sense that we can see what Klopp is trying to build, I also have faith in him bringing in the required players this summer. If we are without the CL next season we should be challenging for the league (similar to 13/14) and under Klopp I have faith in him to bring it home.
    I think Klopp will be pointing out that Sevilla travel badly - no away wins in La Liga, no wins in 3 in CL away games, 1 win of 4 away games in EL. Only in the Copa del Rey have they won away from home.

So long as we don't have any brain farts and play to our usual ability, I think we should be fine. Tbh we've beat better teams on route to the final..

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool's Dejan Lovren left out of Croatia squad for Euros. He's fallen out with the coach Ante Cacic. #bbceuro2016 #LFC
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No Lovren then as per above. Clyne, Henderson, Milner, Sturridge and Lallana in Eng squad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    No Lovren then as per above. Clyne, Henderson, Milner, Sturridge and Lallna in Eng squad.
    Adam Lallna

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's over half of our first XI gone for internationals (Euros and Copa America), not ideal for Klopp's preseason preparations but he did mention he will ensure the players preseason training would be extended into the season if he feels they are not fit enough and need more training.

ReputationRep:
    Lol your team was playing **** even before Shaw was injured but were grinding out or were lucky with results.
    And results are what makes a team good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    And results are what makes a team good
    Not if the results stop coming which it did, your luck ran out simple as.

ReputationRep:
    Not if the results stop coming which it did.
    Yeah, when Shaw got injured so you've just agreed with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Yes, when Shaw got injured so you've just agreed with me
    Just so happens to be a coincidence, fullbacks alone don't have a major influence on results over the course of the season, strikers, goalkeepers and midfielders do. Schweinsteigers injury I would say probably impacted your results more. You pretty much are the only United fan here with this view.

ReputationRep:
    That's over half of our first XI gone for internationals (Euros and Copa America), not ideal for Klopp's preseason preparations but he did mention he will ensure the players preseason training would be extended into the season if he feels they are not fit enough and need more training.
    I guess every big club will have the same problem? Although better for all the mid-lower table clubs. Probably why you see more shock results at the start of the season rather than the middle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Liverpool's Dejan Lovren left out of Croatia squad for Euros. He's fallen out with the coach Ante Cacic. #bbceuro2016 #LFC
    Lol, their best defender.

Let's hope I don't get them in the sweepstake then...

ReputationRep:
    Rumors that we have agreed a deal for Mainz goalkeeper Karius, hopefully this is a sign that we are indeed looking for a keeper to challenge/upgrade on Mignolet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Lol, their best defender.

Let's hope I don't get them in the sweepstake then...
    Matip is Cameroonian so won't be going anywhere this summer - perfect time for Matip + Lovren to start training together and cement a partnership before the new season starts?

AFCON next January which will be annoying since we'll lose Matip for a month then instead. Fingers crossed Sakho is back from his ban by then?

Really shows how important it is to have decent cover at CB for those three players.

ReputationRep:
    Rumors that we have agreed a deal for Mainz goalkeeper Karius, hopefully this is a sign that we are indeed looking for a keeper to challenge/upgrade on Mignolet.
    Anyone knows anything about him? Mainz did pretty well to finish 6th this season.

ReputationRep:
    Heard of him but can honestly say I know nothing about his ability.
    That's a good sign though.

Does anybody on TSR watch a lot of German football who might know of him?

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.