Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Nah, JT is a club legend at Chelsea amongst the fans just for called Anton Ferdinand a N****r
    That's not what he said.

Everyone makes out as though he did though so I'll let you off.

ReputationRep:
    Man, seeing Spurs fan tomorrow is going to be something else. Ohhh yeahhhh

ReputationRep:
    Szczesny's insta :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Szczesny's insta :rofl:
    Even the Lord has spoken. :lol:

https://twitter.com/bendtnerb52

ReputationRep:
    I think Wenger will be brutal this summer with the outgoings and signings. I think he has finally lost patience with a lot of the players in the team and he knows his own time is drawing to a close.

They didn't repay his faith.

I think he knows that if he doesn't start being a bit more ruthless, Ozil and Sanchez are goners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    I think Wenger will be brutal this summer with the outgoings and signings. I think he has finally lost patience with a lot of the players in the team.
    I hope so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    I hope so.
    I think Walcott's Arsenal career is finished. I also think that even he knows now that Giroud is not good enough.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger has already stated he expects Walcott to be here next season

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Wenger has already stated he expects Walcott to be here next season
    Didn't he also say he expects Fabregas and/or Nasri to stay?

ReputationRep:
    When ar95 appears. Tell him cheers for the winnings. Knew when he said we wouldn't finish second that we actually would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    James Milner has 11.

Thoughts?
    Proves that your manager got it wrong. Players should be boring lad instead of horny pests.

ReputationRep:
    On a serious note, Wenger in or out?

You finished 2nd and although that's a great achievement in itself, you were way off the champions and you weren't good at all in other competitions.

Do you really see yourselves being able to build on this 2nd place when you have Mourinho, Conte and Pep coming in, all along with Klopp who will have good money to spend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    On a serious note, Wenger in or out?

You finished 2nd and although that's a great achievement in itself, you were way off the champions and you weren't good at all in other competitions.

Do you really see yourselves being able to build on this 2nd place when you have Mourinho, Conte and Pep coming in, all along with Klopp who will have good money to spend?
    100% depends on how ruthless he plans on being in the summer. If there is a mass exodus of failed players who've disappointed in favour of stronger winning signings then he can stay. If he in any way continues the delusion of believing in these poor players and failing to address the same gapping issues which have plagued the club for years then he needs to politely bow out.

Basically by August we should have a completely unrecognisable first 11 with Ozil and Sanchez just other players in a powerful team rather than being the only stars in a mediocre team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    Basically by August we should have a completely unrecognisable first 11 with Ozil and Sanchez just other players in a powerful team rather than being the only stars in a mediocre team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Morata
    Alexis Ozil Wilshere
    Xhaka Kante
    thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    The George was absolutely banging

**** season.. We were still 10 points off the title Drs

But what a way to end it

It's happened again..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Morata
    Alexis Ozil Wilshere
    Xhaka Kante
    thoughts?
    Yes, add Xhaka and Kante without signing a rw.
    That way we'll only have Ramsey Wilshere Cazorla Neny Xhaka Kante Wilshere Coquelin to play in 2 positions....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    100% depends on how ruthless he plans on being in the summer. If there is a mass exodus of failed players who've disappointed in favour of stronger winning signings then he can stay. If he in any way continues the delusion of believing in these poor players and failing to address the same gapping issues which have plagued the club for years then he needs to politely bow out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It works either way, this "mass player exodus". Do the players we bring in see us as a club that wins things? Or a club to sponge off of? It could very easily be the latter and we could lose our Champions League spot next year.

ReputationRep:
    Mass selling won't work, this isn't FIFA ffs you can't just bring in players and expect them to gel instantly.
    At most I'd expect 3 signings, realistically 1 big one and a couple smaller ones. Not really sure why we're bothering to sign Xhaka now really, we don't need him next season and his clause starts in a year. To buy now is to spend £20mil more than his clause.
    Priority HAS to be ST and RW for me. Lukaku and Mahrez would be ideal, but I can't see Mahrez forcing a move. Reus would be a dream too, but an unrealistic one. Not sold on Morata, not really a top goalscorer by any means. Maybe Ar is right on Lacazette, a strong punt as a winger or striker if not an incredible one. Ibra would also be a punt but a worthwhile one imo.

Being realistic though, I'd expect us to sign Gotze, a big team reject in a position already filled in our squad.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of priorities..

ST
    CB
    RW
    CDM

But I would be happy if we got Xhaka, a good striker, and a RW or a CB

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.