Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
sad sad core
Badges: 1
Report 9 years ago
yeap.... PS is important. I remembered i actually amended my PS for more than 10 times i guess.
prospective student
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
Why would you pick Nottingham over LSE? LSE has like the best Economics dept. in Europe. The only advantage I can think of of applying to Nottingham is that it's cheaper, and also the fact that it has a higher females to males ratio.
well that wouldnt be an advantage for me anyway, considering im a straight female! lofl!!!
well nottingham doesnt have as good a rep for economics but it considered much better for the maths part of the course. plus the campus there is AMAZING while still being close to city so you get the best of both worlds. and you're right self-catered accomodation is half the price in nottingham than lse.

still havent seen lse either so cant really make my mind up til then. might fall in love with it and LSE will always look amazing on a cv.
sad sad core
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by prospective student)
well that wouldnt be an advantage for me anyway, considering im a straight female! lofl!!!
well nottingham doesnt have as good a rep for economics but it considered much better for the maths part of the course. plus the campus there is AMAZING while still being close to city so you get the best of both worlds. and you're right self-catered accomodation is half the price in nottingham than lse.

still havent seen lse either so cant really make my mind up til then. might fall in love with it and LSE will always look amazing on a cv.
Well, i haven't been to LSE as i am an Asian but i am definitely going to LSE. It would not be worst than nottingham in term of campus.
Nice point that you are a straight female and not lesbian. Hope to see you in LSE.:woo: Have you gotten offer from LSE?
prospective student
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sad sad core)
Well, i haven't been to LSE as i am an Asian but i am definitely going to LSE. It would not be worst than nottingham in term of campus.
Nice point that you are a straight female and not lesbian. Hope to see you in LSE.:woo: Have you gotten offer from LSE?
well the point had to be made that a high ratio of females to males would not be attractive from my point of view!!

i have an offer from lse of AABa this year to do Maths and Econ.
im just worried about accomodation tbh not the actual course because i don't want to have to live really far from the uni just to be able to afford rent. cba with long travel times. i have to travel everywhere atm cos i live in a tiny village and i dont want to have to carry on doing that.
sad sad core
Report 9 years ago
well the point had to be made that a high ratio of females to males would not be attractive from my point of view!!

i have an offer from lse of AABa this year to do Maths and Econ.
im just worried about accomodation tbh not the actual course because i don't want to have to live really far from the uni just to be able to afford rent. cba with long travel times. i have to travel everywhere atm cos i live in a tiny village and i dont want to have to carry on doing that.

oh, if that's the case then i can understand what you are going through. I assume you are a UK/EU student, i would say that i will be worst than you as my country's currency exchange rate against pound is damn low. I will really have to stay out of central london instead and get affordable cheap rent. I heard that it will take an hour to take the train to reach central london.

Btw, high ratio of females to males would be attractive from my point of view!!
serrellen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tashminda)
Serrellen, which college at Cambridge?

Girton
prospective student
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sad sad core)
oh, if that's the case then i can understand what you are going through. I assume you are a UK/EU student, i would say that i will be worst than you as my country's currency exchange rate against pound is damn low. I will really have to stay out of central london instead and get affordable cheap rent. I heard that it will take an hour to take the train to reach central london.

Btw, high ratio of females to males would be attractive from my point of view!!
lol. and yep i am a UK student. are you dead set on lse or are you considering other offers too??
sad sad core
Report 9 years ago
lol. and yep i am a UK student. are you dead set on lse or are you considering other offers too??
Firm choice would be LSE already for sure. Anyway AAB would be easy to score so i guess i am 99% going LSE. Well, UK student will not feel much burden financially. The exchange rate for my country's currency against pound will be ranging between 5 to 7. This range is due to economic crisis which brought the exchange rate down to around 5 now.

My UCAS priority will be warwick and LSE. Since i am so lucky to get an offer from LSE then i will go for it definitely.
jabs
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
OFFER L101 ECONOMICS
Updated 2 hours ago!!
yjkeh
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jabs)
OFFER L101 ECONOMICS
Updated 2 hours ago!!
The admission office works on saturday too? Wow! They are really hardworking.
yodude888
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rick89)
sorry for asking a non-related question but how good is a 43/45 IB scorer?
Pretty much like AAAAAB at A level
crash209
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
who thinks it's time we started a separate thread for pre-oxbridge non gathered field applicants with nothing so far? four months and counting...
yjkeh
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jinru)
Valentines day is today? I thought u recieved ur offer yesterday =/

any ways, any internationals still waiting for reply here?
I am an international waiting for a reply. Not in the gathered pile though...
popobabu
Report 9 years ago
did anyone for laz llb get offers this friday 13th? or today?
VanillaLatte
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by crash209)
who thinks it's time we started a separate thread for pre-oxbridge non gathered field applicants with nothing so far? four months and counting...
starting a new thread would mean accepting that they might let us wait until march and i'm not ready to do so (or i'm pretty much expeting rejection next week tbh^^ )
what r u in for??
yodude888
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
go for it, and put link up here.
jabs
Report 9 years ago
I applied before oxbridge deadline
Im not an international student
Didnt get the gathered pile email
My offer for L101 is 3A's + pass in F Maths
Hanoi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That would be interesting, I am one of those, I applied for L101...and I'm not an international, I had given up on LSE because I didn't get a gathered pile email and because they're taking so long...I don't know what will happen to me now, probably a rejection but LSE are playing mind games...:bawling:
crash209
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by VanillaLatte)
starting a new thread would mean accepting that they might let us wait until march and i'm not ready to do so (or i'm pretty much expeting rejection next week tbh^^ )
what r u in for??
Yeah I don't know if it's tempting fate a little too far by starting a new thread, only to get rejected within a week! I've applied for L101 economics, how about you? The worst thing about it all is the wait, I just want to know either way soon so that I can get used to the idea of going somewhere else.

But hmm I think it's a good idea to start a new thread or maybe just make some sort of declaration, just out of interest to see how many people are in the same position...

Okay here goes:

Name: crash209, UK applicant, A Levels
Course: L101 Economics
Date applied: 8th October 2008
KirstyK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by popobabu)
did anyone for laz llb get offers this friday 13th? or today?
No I didn't see anyone get one.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (274)
27.29%
No (730)
72.71%

Watched Threads