Count to a MINUS million and be the first forum to do it! (Part 2) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Matrix123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hamza772000)
Yep, don't wan't to have an actual argument y'see (disclaimer: this may not make sense)

Yeah, so I assume you go to a state school, I would go to a different school but ALL the other surrounding schools are SUPER crappy(the nicest way I could put it)

Do I not? (That disclaimer has just made me confused )

Yup. Ohh fair enough. Tbh, mine is but I'm just going to deal with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2437011
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Matrix123)
Do I not? (That disclaimer has just made me confused )

Yup. Ohh fair enough. Tbh, mine is but I'm just going to deal with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was just saying that I want to be on the safe side so we don't actually end up having an argument, ignore the disclaimer

By crappy I mean, filled with students that don't want to learn, my current school's that way and it affected my education significantly, a few months ago I was getting D's and F's in all of my subjects, including Maths and Science!!!

Whatever you think is best for you

Matrix123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was just saying that I want to be on the safe side so we don't actually end up having an argument, ignore the disclaimer

By crappy I mean, filled with students that don't want to learn, my current school's that way and it affected my education significantly, a few months ago I was getting D's and F's in all of my subjects, including Maths and Science!!!

Whatever you think is best for you

Ohhh, in that case, me too!

There's quite a bit of that at my school too. Oh wow, hy the sound of things, you've made a rapid improvement since then!

I don't know if it's the best but I don't really want to move

Edit: goodnight!

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2437011
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ohhh, in that case, me too!

There's quite a bit of that at my school too. Oh wow, hy the sound of things, you've made a rapid improvement since then!

I don't know if it's the best but I don't really want to move

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha of course

Oh, btw, I forgot to mention, my school doesn't have a sixth form, so I can't stay any ways but talking about other schools, majority of the people would be like that and I can't be bothered to deal with the same stuff again, I'm sick n tired of it.
Yep,and as you could probably imagine, these last few months were agonisingly painful, in terms of studying.......

Hmm..... I guess you'd be more comfortable at your school

Matrix123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Haha of course

Oh, btw, I forgot to mention, my school doesn't have a sixth form, so I can't stay any ways but talking about other schools, majority of the people would be like that and I can't be bothered to deal with the same stuff again, I'm sick n tired of it.
Yep,and as you could probably imagine, these last few months were agonisingly painful, in terms of studying.......

Hmm..... I guess you'd be more comfortable at your school

Ohhh fair enough, I can see the logic in that:yep:
Yeahh...

Hopefully!

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2437011
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ohhh fair enough, I can see the logic in that:yep:
Yeahh...

Hopefully!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, yeah, you'd probably do the same if you were in my position, which I wouldn't want anyone to be in

It just makes sense for you to be comfortable at your school, you won't have to go through the struggle of 'getting used to' your new school

Matrix123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Haha, yeah, you'd probably do the same if you were in my position, which I wouldn't want anyone to be in

It just makes sense for you to be comfortable at your school, you won't have to go through the struggle of 'getting used to' your new school

Yeah, I guess so. Awww :console:

Yup, that's true:yep:

Goodnight!

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2437011
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Matrix123 Alright, it was really nice and fun talking to you but it's time to say bye

Goodnight to you too!

spotify95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh, that's awesome! Not long left now, good luck with your results, I'm sure you would have definitely passed.

I would definitely consider it and look into it.

What A Levels did you do? And please mention the grades(only if you don't mind, you don't need to, if you don't want to )

I know - tomorrow afternoon/evening is when I'm probably going to get nervous and tomorrow night, I probably won't get much sleep... Plus, I'll be awake before the results are released at 9:30 AM on Tuesday (July 5th).

Excellent, I really enjoyed it, so if you're into electronics and that sort of area, it's a good choice

I did Maths, Physics and Chemistry for AS and A2 levels, and did BTEC ICT up to AS level (dropping it at A2 to concentrate on the others). Even so, the ICT was very useful to me and gave me the skills/knowledge/confidence to be more computer literate, as well as fix a few issues that I had with previous laptops

On a related note, my old Packard Bell laptop developed a bit of an overheating issue, whereby the old thermal paste got knackered and the laptop shut down by itself... I replaced the fan and thermal paste (thanks to the knowledge in ICT) and all was good. I would also sort out the Overheating Issue on the Acer Aspire that I use a lot of the time, but it is more complicated and I have to get access to the motherboard, rather than just take a panel out.

As for grades: C in Maths, C in Chemistry, D in Physics, Merit (equivalent to a C) in AS ICT. I was hoping for a B in Maths and a C in Physics, however I got the dreaded June 2013 C3 exam, which made headlines for being much more difficult than other papers. Unfortunately, I also had a Physics exam the same day, and not being able to recover from the dreaded C3 exam, I failed the Physics exam, hence the D...

username2437011
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
spotify95 Hmm, I guess you're results are tremendously important that's why

I guess IT did help you a lot

I'm looking to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computing, so fairly similar subjects I'd say, I was going to do Chemistry but I don't think I'd be able to handle it

Oh, well at least you got into uni, which is what most people worry about

username1942323
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't worry, it's fine And yeah, of course I do.

No, I absolutely understand, but the solutions for both papers were posted, meaning that someone, perhaps a teacher, did the papers(with all the correct answers obviously), scanned the papers and uploaded them on the internet, they both had the workings in them too. I still however understand why you didn't want to mark your papers. I actually snuck my answers out of the exam hall by noting them down on a tracing paper and putting it in my pocket

According to the Solutions, I should get 86 and 93 in the two papers respectively. Which adds to 179/200, which should be an A*. Not saying I will get exactly these marks because the examiner could make mistakes or he/she may find some errors in my workings etc. but it gives me an idea of how I've performed.

:eek::eek: i ALWAYS wondered how people remember their answers/questions sooo well :ahee: but now i know:colone:, clever bro, very clever

Spoiler:
Show
seems like what you called a 'dumb person' has metamorphosed into a clever guy:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1942323
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well, maybe you were more focused on revising for your exam rather than wasting your time thinking how you could get your answers out of the exam hall, like I was doing.

I'm pretty certain I'm not.

Glad to hear that.

Well done, well done, ur so called '' dumb brain" :lolwut:has the capacity not only to revise n get an A* but also to think of techniques like this one........ :yy:

If dumb people are clever like you , what AM I?? :rolleyes::confused:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Matrix123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Matrix123 Alright, it was really nice and fun talking to you but it's time to say bye

Goodnight to you too!

Yes it was!:yep:
Haha

Morning!
Posted from TSR Mobile
spotify95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That would be quite the sight!

Yeahhh...

I just think it was quite a cool word and I'd hardly call that an argument and I do remember what we agreed on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, it certainly would! Flying GM pigs?

I'd be astonished if I ever saw the sight of one of those! :yep:

username2437011
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mediaya)
:eek::eek: i ALWAYS wondered how people remember their answers/questions sooo well :ahee: but now i know:colone:, clever bro, very clever
Spoiler:
Show
seems like what you called a 'dumb person' has metamorphosed into a clever guy:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
OML! could you stop with this clever calling thing! I'm not clever!! PLEASE STOP!!!!!! Nah, but seriously just please stop

spotify95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes it was!:yep:
Haha

Morning!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Morning!

username2437011
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mediaya)
Well done, well done, ur so called '' dumb brain" :lolwut:has the capacity not only to revise n get an A* but also to think of techniques like this one........ :yy:

If dumb people are clever like you , what AM I?? :rolleyes::confused:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought of it a long time ago, not when I was revising, I wasn't going to let a stupid thought interfere with my revision, ygm?

You're a God damn GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!

username2437011
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Matrix123 Morning! How has your day been so far?

username2437011
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by spotify95)
Yes, it certainly would! Flying GM pigs?

I'd be astonished if I ever saw the sight of one of those! :yep:

Well, if you see one of those, just know I was the cause....

spotify95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Cor, these Logitech speakers that I have sure are loud

Perfect for when you've got noisy dogs in the next door neighbor's house, that won't shut up howling...

X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (553)
37.82%
No - but I will (115)
7.87%
No - I don't want to (103)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.26%

Watched Threads