ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Poor Arsene.

ReputationRep:
    Should go in for Eva Carneiro tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/

Not sure how many of you follow the Swiss Ramble (he's an Arsenal fan) but he has some pretty good articles on finances. Good breakdown of Arsenal's latest position.

The thing which is most striking for me is how weak the commercial revenues are. With the new Puma deal etc, the commercial revenues should break 100mil for 2014/15 but then you imagine the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool will again increase their commercial revenues (figures not released for other clubs yet).

What can the club do to improve the commercial revenues further? Or is it a case that this stream can only increase with some sustained success?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/

Not sure how many of you follow the Swiss Ramble (he's an Arsenal fan) but he has some pretty good articles on finances. Good breakdown of Arsenal's latest position.

The thing which is most striking for me is how weak the commercial revenues are. With the new Puma deal etc, the commercial revenues should break 100mil for 2014/15 but then you imagine the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool will again increase their commercial revenues (figures not released for other clubs yet).

What can the club do to improve the commercial revenues further? Or is it a case that this stream can only increase with some sustained success?
    Means jack **** if we aren't signing players in positions which need strengthening does it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Means jack **** if we aren't signing players in positions which need strengthening does it?
    What happened to the quality of this thread?

ReputationRep:
    What happened to the quality of this thread?
    I'm being honest, what's the point in talking about revenue and profit and "net spend" if we aren't going to use the money. We spent £10mil this summer, which is covered by 1 years worth of INTEREST on our cash revenue (assuming a rate of 5% which is reasonable) which is a joke. I understand that there were no top strikers available but to not sign a CDM is criminal, ****ing criminal when you look at whose available. So what's the point in having a conversation about our revenue streams and sponsors and all the wonderful money we have when the money isn't going anyway other than our chairmen's back pockets?

ReputationRep:
    I'm being honest, what's the point in talking about revenue and profit and "net spend" if we aren't going to use the money. We spent £10mil this summer, which is covered by 1 years worth of INTEREST on our cash revenue (assuming a rate of 5% which is reasonable) which is a joke. I understand that there were no top strikers available but to not sign a CDM is criminal, ****ing criminal when you look at whose available. So what's the point in having a conversation about our revenue streams and sponsors and all the wonderful money we have when the money isn't going anyway other than our chairmen's back pockets?
    Wenger using all the money to silence the ****s he's been cheating on his wife with. Apparently he was having an affair with a French rapper.

ReputationRep:
    Because just moaning about the lack of transfers when the window has now shut is pointless and circular.

ReputationRep:
    Zerf getting in on the action

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because just moaning about the lack of transfers when the window has now shut is pointless and circular.
    I respect that but talking about how to improve our revenue streams is equally pointless, because we aren't spending the money we make. We have £200mil in the bank and we're sitting twiddling our thumbs while our rivals take our transfer targets. Why should we as fans CARE about how we're going to improve our profits and commercial ventures if we see NONE of increased revenue in the form of cheaper tickets or better players?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Wenger using all the money to silence the ****s he's been cheating on his wife with. Apparently he was having an affair with a French rapper.
    Can't even say I'm all that shocked tbh, it's always those who think they're high and mighty who end up being the disloyal scum bags. She probably had enough when she asked to go to four seasons while on holiday and Wengs said that where weren't any top hotels where they wanted to go and booked them into a holiday inn instead....

Seriously hope we win tonight, if not things could get VERY, VERY ugly very quickly. Google trends would go into meltdown over the number of #wengerout tweets

ReputationRep:
    I respect that but talking about how to improve our revenue streams is equally pointless, because we aren't spending the money we make. We have £200mil in the bank and we're sitting twiddling our thumbs while our rivals take our transfer targets. Why should we as fans CARE about how we're going to improve our profits and commercial ventures if we see NONE of increased revenue in the form of cheaper tickets or better players?
    You don't have 200mil in the bank that you can use on transfers and if you read the link I posted, you might be a bit more clued up on your club's finances.

The more money the club makes = the more money the club can potentially spend on players. It might not have happened this summer but Arsenal spent significantly more money in summer 2013 (Ozil) and summer 2014 (Sanchez) precisely because the club has stronger revenues than ever before.

Anyway thread isn't as good as it used to be, I'm out.

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM :rofl:

Grandpa just rekd you all harder than me and The Shed End normally do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Speak for yourself rookie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

You don't have 200mil in the bank that you can use on transfers and if you read the link I posted, you might be a bit more clued up on your club's finances.

The more money the club makes = the more money the club can potentially spend on players. It might not have happened this summer but Arsenal spent significantly more money in summer 2013 (Ozil) and summer 2014 (Sanchez) precisely because the club has stronger revenues than ever before.

Sorry to be grumpy lads, not in a good mood right now.

Lucio why is it we're supportive of each other on the fantasy thread then dicks to each other on here?

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe olympiakos game isn't on gen sale or sold out yet. Was gonna buy a ticket off someone through the ticket exchange but that only becomes active once the fixtures is sold out and i don't feel comfortable buying direct as it's so easy to buy a fake ticket. Really pissed off that I'll now probably not be able to get a ticket for the game through a reliable source

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be grumpy lads, not in a good mood right now.

Lucio why is it we're supportive of each other on the fantasy thread then dicks to each other on here?
    For the banter.

#salty

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Speak for yourself rookie
    ***** pls, I've revitalised your desire to haunt this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for chambers to have harry in his back pocket for 90 minutes.... Welp

ReputationRep:
    So Arsene's getting divorced, even she's #WengerOut.

Wonder how long it'll be till the club appeal the decision.
    Lol. No he isn't.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.